Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Masters Cup - Round 2 Results & Semis Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time for some results and predictions for who will make the final - or more importantly - a new Sir M excellent power rankings!

One game today - FireRangers v UVic

Cheers,

~Regs.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, Dickens and myself watched the Rangers match this afternoon. Rangers full marks for the win and dominant in the air and on set pieces. They were clearly the best team on the day and deserved the win. Glad we were able to see Coach hit the field, even after a few slags from the vehicle we were hiding in to watch the match. I will make one comment on one thing that was not something we need to see at any level of soccer and that was the antics of Penner after UVIC scored their first goal. Scramble in the box and probably a foul on UVIC, but not called. Ball into the back of the net and after the play, Penner has the full punch into the UVIC players stomach. Not an accident and something Sugar Ray Leonard would have been proud of. Totally disgraceful, which Penner should have got the straight RED. Ref did not see it, Linesman did not see it, but it was blatant, intentional and not needed. I will leave it at that. Coach, nice runs down the wing and next time make sure the weather is a touch better. Well done and congrats. Looking forward to our tilt v. Columbus tomorrow.

JAGS

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M denies any reports by JAGS or anyone else that he was actually at this game, or not...and he did not, if he was there, see the reported "incident" as he was (or was not) waiting to use the loo which smelled suspiciously like some of that totally illegal Jamaican/Newton he must say (if he actually smelled this) herb he (or someone else) reports . Having said all of that, SMEPR correspondent NTG reports that SFC went up very early, put UVic on their heels, and central defender Izatt went off after about 10 with a pretty nasty looking calf strain. The noble correspondent reports that he did not see, due to a silk screening session of the Rorschat Ink blot flying horse on yet another "Peg" piece of now thats a good deal merchandise, the reported transgression by the SFC goaltender. NTG also repoirts an inordinate amount of complaining by the local players, which is never nice to hear. In any event, an Excellent win by SFC, by all accounts. SMEPR scout Rob Brown states that it was wet and cold, but at least it was windy out, and his knee ached, by the way. And he states 1 or 2 of the SFC stars took needless cards after the result was not in doubt. Sir M thinks that this result does not hurt the Champion's chances of staying atop of the Power Rankings, but we will have to see after tomorrow's fixtures.

Off now for a walk of shame training session. Good night.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in the match and must say a different class on the day.
Rangers scored a couple of very nice efin goals. This train
may be a little bit tough to derail.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes indeed Jags and Sir M were out and about doing thier patrols yesterday afternoon.
Thanks for making the trek out yesterday boys!

On to the match........
The boys really came out flying yesterday and it did'nt take long for us to strike. I think about the three minute mark to be honest. We pressed very hard and at about the 10 minute mark we were up two bagel.
U Vic did not go away and scored a nice goal in what started out as a dropped ball by our Nutbar.(I mean goalie)
At about the tewnty five minute mark Barry scored an absolutley fearless diving header that killed them.
Wilkie sprayed the ball about everywhere and not to close to half we found ourselves up 4 - 1.
Barry with two, Andy with two, and Stevie Mac with the other on the day. Wilkie had at least four assists on some very dangerous and pin point balls in the box.
The second half was really mute as the game was basically over at half time.
They got a late one on a nice cross in and the score finished off 5 - 2 for the underdogs!
Yes we played very well yesterday but as i stated before, anybody can knock off anyone in this silly little tournament.

Who's Next !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in.....................................

Vancouver Firemen 3 - Surrey U 0.

Sorry but i did call this one. Congrats to Scotty and the boys and unlucky to Regs and his crew.

Quite a weekend so far.

First the Rangers upset U Vic and now the Firemen grind out a nice win.

Firemen vs Rangers all over again next Saturday at noon at Newton.

I know they will be looking for a little payback from last year, so the boys will have to bring all the guns a blazing.........

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hot off the press.... WFC Westside 3 ICSF Inter 0...

can't wait to here from Peter and sck

Cheers

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside were full credit for the 3-0 win. Maybe not a 3-0 game, but all three Westside goals were beauts. Westside won all the looseballs and seemed to want it a bit more. If Inter scores on their early chances (2 breakaways?) then maybe it's a different match. Overall, Westside looked really good and should knock off some of the higher ranked teams (according to Sir M's power rankings) if they continue to play as well. Walks was the man in black today and did a very good job.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As reported 3-0 Firemen.

TSN Turning point was probably when we hit the post with the score 1-0 at that point. They got another about 15 after that and then closed things out with 5 to go on an OG.

I thought the first 30 minutes or so we dictated play but couldn't snag that all important first one. Firemen picked things up gradually and the half ended with them started to assert themselves well.

Second half they continued to build momentum with us generated a couple of chances inbetween the pressure.

That being said, Firemen were full value for the win, should be a cracker next weekend.

Good luck to all still in it.

Cheers,

~Regs.

PS. Pistol Pete our MOTM - won everything in the air against some very large boys in black.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 3 - Columbus 1

Westvan vs Westside.

Rangers vs Firemen.

Congrats on the big win Sir M and Jags, i hope yesterdays performance inspired the West Van boys on!:rolleyes:

The rumor is that the van you boys were cruising around in was also driving around the parking lot trying to sell Stereo Speakers?

Who is going past the final four next week?

We'll have to wait for the rankings before making any picks.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guess we're not as old as we thought we were/are. Great game today from both sides. Looking forward to next week at Newton.

Cheers!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 3-0 Inter

Great win for the boys today! G Catliff, Richie and J Catliff got our goals. As noted, they had a couple of early breakaways (one looked offside to me...) that Merks shut down and not much else offensively.

We put together a good team game with plenty of hard work and we move on. I'm thinking with our win Sir M will have to move us up at least 4 places in the rankings, but we'll see...he'll probably put us ahead of his lot as a selfdeprecating gesture.

Scotty, congrats on your win, I thought it was going to be a SU cakewalk. This is as far as we've ever gotten in this tourney (we've been to the semi's twice and lost both times), we're hoping to reach even loftier heights next week.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just back from an evening eyeing up the birds at Earls with Spada, Jua and Eagles. Great win for us today after going down 1 - 0. B Rad with a few huge saves. Jua with one off the perfect hair, Granger from 1 yard out on another and no idea who got the 3rd, as I spent most of my afternoon trying to find balls that Sal and Benji put into Mosquito Creek ravine. At least I got some fitness doing that, as not much else going on for Jags on the day for game action for the first time EVER. Very disappointed at that, but it is a team game.
Coach, do you need some speakers for your 1976 Pacer????? I picked up some nice ones at NAP on Saturday, as well as the six pack of O'Keefes for the drive back to the Shore.
I went 2 for 4 this weekend, and quite happy I did.

JAGS

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not much to report from our side at David Lam park today(Peter, could you have picked a lousier field to play on?). We played uninspired football to the credit of WFC. As mentioned we(should I say I??) missed two quality breakaways that really would have made things difficult for Peter's side. Maybe one was offside maybe not. I think we had a few that went the other way too. Regardless, Merks came up big with the saves. WFC came out strong and deserved the match for sure. A cracker of a first goal and what really did us in was the second just minutes with the half. I have to commend their big lad in the back who played stellar. Maybe not quick(as in early week predictions) but very effective. I know I've got the bumps and bruises to prove it. Sir M.'s side better take notice of their play. With their stellar goalkeeping and strong work ethic anything is possilble.... Peter, you guys are a class group and good luck in the semis.

SCK

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks SCK, I went looking for you after the game to see who the hell you were and was told you left...next year I guess.

I see Walks viewing this thread and will say that he had a great game in the middle yesterday. Issued a couple of justified yellows (Inter lost a man halfway through the second half) to calm down some chippy play and kept control throughout the game.

And the field wasn't our choice, that's what got tossed our way...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to the Excellent site, both semi finals are this Sunday are at Kinsmen Stadium in North Van.

1100 A.M. SFC Rangers vs Vancouver FIrefighters.

0100 P.M. WVFC Old Boys vs WFC Westside.

The Power Rankings should be very close this week, and tabulations should begoing on right through the night. They will be out tomorrow.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have they ever bothered to level out Kinsmen or is it still an East to West downslope?
No home field advantage here in game #1.
Light rain forcast also...could be interesting.
Cheers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still the downslope but they have put turf in the goal-mouth areas - advantage: FireRangers.

:D

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
predictions before sir m's power rankings....

Surrey FireRangers will beat FF in a close grudge match...

West Van over WFC as long Sir M's team goes to bed early the night before...if I see any of them at the roxy saturday night, i will will change my vote....

good luck this weekend to all teams

cheers
scp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0