Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Masters Cup - Round 2 Results & Semis Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TB, is there turf in the 18's? If so, what's it like at the transition? It would seem to me to present some long term leveling issues.

I'm holding off on my picks until the official Power Rankings are released. Then I'm probably going to go with the opposite, a la Costanza.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter said:
TB, is there turf in the 18's? If so, what's it like at the transition? It would seem to me to present some long term leveling issues.

I'm holding off on my picks until the official Power Rankings are released. Then I'm probably going to go with the opposite, a la Costanza.

Peter, yes there roughly a 12 x 12 area of turf in the center of each 18yrd box. The transition is not bad, but choice of footwear is critical. If you think most of the play will be inside the six at each end, I would just go with turf boots.

SCP.. I may have to stop by the Roxy just to double check there are no players lurking there. You know, sort of a safety check. And to make sure Spada and Jags get home safely.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
After last weekend putting more miles going back and forth to Surrey on the Audi than the cumulative walk of shame 2006 total, a marathon number crunching session and a candlelight conference with the entire SMEPR staff, it is now time for week four of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings.

1. SFC Rangers. The holders showed some impressive finishing on the weekend against last week's #4 UVic Alum on their way to a 5-2 win. Rangers are a cumulative 9 goals for and two against thus far in this tournament. Huge game this Sunday.

2. Vancouver Firefighters. This choice may raise a few eyebrows (or not) but the big fellas came up huge against #4 Surrey U, who dearly missed their top two strikers in this game. VFF really came to play last week, and if they bring the same intensity level, could give the Champions a run for their money. They are a cumulative 5-0 in this competetion with a professional ticket scalper between the pipes.

3. (Tie) WFC Westside/ West Van F.C.

Staff were unable to separate these two teams and this was the most hotly debated topic, going well into the wee hours. They split two games this year, with WV winning 3-0 at home, and WFC getting their revenge over in Vancouver with a 2-0 win. WFC defeated VMSL second place finishers Inter (last week's # 5 in the EPR's) last week 3-0. WVFC beat VMSL cup winners and last week's #2 EPR ranked Columbus F.C. 3-1 last Sunday. West side has scored 6 and surrendered 2. WVFC has scored 7 and surrendered 3. Grass this weekend should be to WFC's advantage, and both teams are peaking at the right time of the year.

Good luck to all teams, hopefully the weather will cooperate.

I was going to belittle WVFC, but didn't want to be viewed as self-deprecating.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who I think is going to win: SFC, WFC
Sentimentally: FF, WFC.

And, Sir M, you are self-deprecating in your assessment of you guys and us: first off, I believe it's a 4th place tie not a 3rd, secondly the "age factor" has got to tilt the SMEPR towards you guys being in second and then perhaps Firemen or us—don't be modest, it's unbecoming.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter, I think what Sirm took into consideration was the fact that West Van seem to have a bad habbit of having Team meetings at the Roxy on Saturday evenings that tend to go well into the AM :eek: . Not to mention the bad Gambling habbits, just ask Danny V.

Should be a couple of good games.

First game could be soccers version of slam ball in this air combat. Until coach goes in ;) Both teams are very strong in the air, this could come down to a set piece or the always entertaining Penner (not to be mistaken for Fred). Advantage Surrey.

Second game Sir m vs Peter... Sir m will have a tuff time staying on side as usual. Could be decided over a coin toss at the cooler.

Good luck ..

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter said:
don't be modest, it's unbecoming.

...not nearly as unbecoming as Dickens' brown and teal (with a touch of white) Argyle sweater he was sporting at thre Lair of The Cougar last Thursday.

Is that sweater new?

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
......"oh that old thing Sir M!" It may look like plain old argyle from the Ben Seaver days; but that is high grade cougar bait. They can't keep their Merlot soaked paws off of it. Coach has seen this work first hand back when back in his Kelowna/Peg road trip days.

Sir M... Rumour has it you were spotted at the road House Pub in Surrey Waltzing to, "She's like the Wind," by Patrick Swayze.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just how old are these cougars anyways? Do they still have claws (and I'm not talking prenups)? I thought cougars were 30 to 40-something women who've gone through a divorce or 2, have some dough and are looking for virile young men...not some over-the-hill dottering roundballer who's wondering what couch he's going to sleep on tonight.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter:

They're as old as you want them to be....:D

some over-the-hill dottering roundballer who's wondering what couch he's going to sleep on tonight.
We don't know anybody like that, do we?:rolleyes:

Actually, the rule of thumb I've used is kind of like this:

25-35: pussycat
35-45: cougar
45-55: lioness
over 55: you sick necrophiliac...:D

Trece

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know why everybody keeps calling them Firerangers...they're not associated to our club anymore.
There are only three VFF on their team so I say...Rangers works.

Cheers!

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually the women in New York are viewed as follows (heard it on the radio)

30-35 years old your dating a PUMA

35-40 years old your dating a COUGAR

40-50 years old your dating a JAGUAR

Anyways good luck to the remaining teams left. West Van and Rangers in the final.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
35-45: cougar
45-55: lioness
over 55: you sick necrophiliac...:D

Trece

After Couger comes Silverback. They still have claws for claiming their kill, but the more mature Silverback can be seen and identified from behind easier. :eek:

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers are short a few players - this will make the difference - maybe an evenly reffed game this year will make it more interesting.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Dickens i do remember the Argyle sweater, who could forget it! And yes it did do quite well back in the day.
(Where is the big man Dougie Adlem)

Yes Taxman we will be short, maybe one sub if we are lucky.
This has been a terrible tourney so far as we lost three players to injuries and two guys have to sit for cards.

That being said i hope we can just give you boys a game.

The way the ref gave us that game last year was really shocking!

Sir M, you should ajust those power rankings and drop us down a few slots. This week could be ugly for us. Really!

Good luck to the rest of you.

Westside vs Westvan. 2-1 WestVan in O.T.

Firemen vs Rangers. I hope we can just keep it close.

RGRMGR

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, Scottyshell, Ya Think Surrey Firefighters Don't Count As Numbers On The Fireranger's Team. Hmmmm, There Must Be Other Firefighters On The Planet Than Just In Vancouver. You Should Probably Appologize To Your Surrey Brothers. That Would Be The 'manly' Thing To Do.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Them's fightin' words Scotty...

I saw a pretty funny thing last night on Letterman:

Tom Cruise is on, talking about his daughter: "no, no middle name Dave, just Suri Cruise". He's taken a lot of flack for what that means in different languages but I wonder if he would have named her that if he knew what it meant in the Lower Mainland.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M... you may want to check with your correspondents and come up with Sir M's Excellent Cougar Bar Power Rankings?

Coach... sounds like you could use Dougie Adlem this weekend?

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No appology....I was refering to when Firemen & Rangers joined clubs and were a part of the Vancouver Firefighters Soccer Club..now they're not.
The snow job isn't going to work Coach...we know you guys better than that.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0