Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Masters Cup - Round 2 Results & Semis Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
The way the ref gave us that game last year was really shocking!

Firemen vs Rangers. I hope we can just keep it close.

:rolleyes:
the humility is impressive...no doubt Coach has a few underdog scenarios scribbled on the back of a KOB coaster.:)

late report on the SU /FF game..yesterday's news I know, but it was fun to play some of those guys again, it's been quite a while for me.
They had more energy on the day plain and simple. the game was still there to be had though well into the second half. Our guys tried , and we could have been rewarded with a goal or two but we just weren't good enough.

Would like to see the tilt this weekend. Have fun boys.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well like it or not Scotty. Shuey and Barry are both out with cards!:mad:

Izzat, Mclean, and Jeff K are all no goes. (Marsh, Gaz, Sedge, and Killer have been gone all season with blown out knees.)

Soooooooooooo, i would say we might have one sub this weekend. (And we have Penner!!!!!!!):confused:

Unless the ref gives us the game again, we have a better chance of Sir M borrowing Dickens sweater for a night out of Cougar Slaying than beating your Big Bad Squad.

I just wish we had a shot at you guys with some sort of full team.

Likalotapus

Dec 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach - I heard through the grapevine that Doug McInty is in town to visit family this weekend and is planning to dress due to your short bench this weekend.

Any truth to that rumor?

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's is great if you can sign a few more go ahead - we managed to find Reggie Newmark and he is really looking forward to playing again ... he was at the Monday night practice and looked great. He won't be able to run with Frase though ....

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Soooooooooooo, i would say we might have one sub this weekend. (And we have Penner!!!!!!!):confused:

Coach, if Penner can't go in the second half, because of the up hill slope at Kinsmen, I can give you a solid 45. Just give me one more chance.
RangerForever

Should be a great show out in NorthVan, I am sure the WestVan boys will have the BBQ going, but can you get Teddy undercooking the sausage?

I am calling a Peg vs. Mighty Ranger final, now that will be a cracker.

hos

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Likalotapus.......:rolleyes: for spilling the beans that is.

McKinty will flying into today so that he can help us out on the weekend.

Studs has kept very fit out in Toronto and was very gracious in agreeing to come on out for the weekend.

Sorry C.J. but we gotta go with our very level headed goalie!
(one more year til your elageable)

Appealed Shue's second yellow last night and unfortunatley lost.(The ref booked the wrong guy and would not come clean)

No worrys, bench or no bench we will be ready to give the VFF
a decent go.

Good luck boys.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taxman said:
He won't be able to run with Frase though ....

Hands of Stone said:
Coach, if Penner can't go in the second half, because of the up hill slope at Kinsmen, I can give you a solid 45. Just give me one more chance.
RangerForever

:D

Best of luck to all teams this weekend.

RF

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A warning to all teams visiting the North Shore on Sunday:

Last Sunday, the Anti-Fan was out watching our game at Confederation (which is just 2 blocks up the street from this sunday's doubleheader's venue)...and when I became distracted by some "spirited debate" during the second half, I turned around to see that our Nike 90 game ball was gone (and has not been retrieved...:( ). There goes 130 bucks out the window. Now I am not one to accuse without proof, but...

Coach I will get Kinsmen lined for your 1st game but you guys have to put up the nets because you have guys that can reach the crossbar, and I can't.

Stay tuned for a possible Argyle Sweater (hereinafter referred to "This Old Thing?") post tomorrow if we can drag young Dickens up to the Serengeti for some Cougar Karaoke this eve after training...

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M... "This old thing" will be out tonight. Nothing better than a little gambling and then some Cougar kareoke on a Thursday night. I hope the cougars go easy on the sweater this time, I can't go to Palm Springs in a couple weeks with Cougar Claw marks on my best Argyle.

I am not sure if you can use the term "Young" when describing a masters player? If so when is Rookie Night! Saturday Roxy?

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just in from practice..an early night..due to too many long faces from the injuries sustained in so called practice scrimmage and that we have our annual golf tourney tomorrow.
Not flying anybody in..guys are flying out! Hardly any bench this week...guess we'll just have to do the best we can.

Cheers!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same with us...Catliff reunion in Newfoundland...bummer. Right when I thought things were looking up.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this what it has come to? Bluffs and diatribe before the big matches? Injuries and suspensions? Golf tournies and family reunions? Reggie Newmark to the rescue? Doug Mckinty to the rescue?

I went to an MVA yesterday. Four vehicles involved. It was a tough one to handle emotionally for me and I have been doing this for over 20 years. It involved people I knew.Clark Brolly blew a red light at 88 ave and King George. Apparently he was coming back from the beach and was trying to make training. Well Bob Rosenlund was in one of those SMART cars and had the right away. Chucky was in the car with him. Apparently they were returning from jogging at the Bear Creek track. Brolly t-boned Bobby and sent the car on triple roll right into the path of a Mercedes Coupe driven by the Catliff brothers. It gets worse. Ian McLean and Jeff Klassen were working with me and arrived on scene on Engine 1. Jeff grabbed the first aid bag and tripped when stepping out of the truck and Ian tried to grab him. Ian wrenched his back and can't get out of bed. Klassen blew his ACL. The Catliff brothers lost their spleens and one kidney each. Bobby and Chuck had a bag of soccer balls in the SMART car with them which apparently cushioned their impact but they both suffered broken metatarsals and shoulder dislocations. Brolly is physically fine but emotionally destroyed. Everybody will be fine, thanks to my magical first responder skills, but these individuals will not be available for selection this weekend.

Oh yeah, traffic was held up for obvious reasons. People were choked, especially one guy. He jumps out of his truck and starts screaming in a fury. He had goalie gloves on and the cops took him away. He assaulted one the officers and is in lock-up all weekend. Craziness.

Tough day yesterday. I hope today is better.

RGRMGR

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya But, Ya Know What? The Ranger's Equipment Guy Got Outta The Car Without A Scratch! He'll Patch 'em All Up, GIVE THEM SOME ADVIL And They'll All Be As Good As, OR EVEN BETTER THAN, Surrey United...you Just Watch! Lol.

Sorry, That Wasn't Sportsmanlike, Was It?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No It Wasn't!

Not Only Irratating To Read, But Fcuk Me It's Hard To Type Like This!

Lol.

:D

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hot off the presses.... Just heard West Van has 11 guys out this weekend with Upper body injuries; but they are hoping for a gutsy effort from the 2 healthy guys.:D

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dickens_cider said:
Hot off the presses.... Just heard West Van has 11 guys out this weekend with Upper body injuries; but they are hoping for a gutsy effort from the 2 healthy guys.:D

Now that can't be true - just talked to the Catliff brothers and they said that West Van does not have two players with guts .... not trying to stir the pot or anything.... lol:eek:

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece verde.... Just home from another WestVan Holdem tourney..... It was well worth it, except my cab home was 10 bucks more than my winnings :confused: been drinking vodka and gatorade to keep my electrolytes up.... I should be able to Crush Sir m's walk of shame PB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0