Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Masters Provincial Cup Early Discussion

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry lads, just found this thread. My take on the VISL teams.

VISL 1 - Uvic Alumni

If they get their full team out, they will be the team to beat. Beat us in the cup final 6-2.

Visl 2 - Athletics

Generally strong in this tournament but have been bitten hard by the injury bug. Will make a good account of themselves but not as strong as in past years.

VISL 3 - Nanaimo

Had a great year, very deceptive team. Seem to alway's get the job done. League Champions

VISL 4 - Gordon Head

Shocking, whipping boys of the tournament for sure.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Masters Provincial First Round:

Match Day 1

Surrey Fire Rangers v. Wickham FC

U Vic Alumni v. Nanaimo

Surrey Utd. v. Norvan

Nordic FC v. Firemen

West Van FC v. Delta Metro

Columbus v. Vic Athletics

Coveside FC v. Westside FC

Inter v. Gordon Head

Predictions to follow..........

JAGS

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS said:
BC Masters Provincial First Round:

Match Day 1

Surrey Fire Rangers v. Wickham FC

U Vic Alumni v. Nanaimo

Surrey Utd. v. Norvan

Nordic FC v. Firemen

West Van FC v. Delta Metro

Columbus v. Vic Athletics

Coveside FC v. Westside FC

Inter v. Gordon Head

Predictions to follow..........

JAGS

JAGS,

What date are the games? Sunday the 23rd?

See you there whenever it is.

Daz

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza,

I have no idea if we would play Friday night, Saturday or Sunday of that weekend? I would assume that we would be on the turf at Ambleside, since they have taken the goal posts down on the grass pitch and put up the baseball fence. I will defer to Sir M on the probable date and venue. Knowing how long you wore the lovely orange of the Mermaids, have you convinced your new squad that Orange and Black is the color of all quality football teams????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Looking forward to the match in a couple weeks. We have our final league match tomorrow night v. Vancouver Fire, so hoping that starts us off on the right foot heading into the BC's.

Do you lose any players due to the 35 and older rule? We lose a goalie, a defender and a striker. But otherwise, we are much the same squad from the winter. I was actually hoping that Dickens_Cider had fake ID that made him under 35 and ineligible.:D :D

JAGS

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS,

Yeah, I just knew we would get you lot. I'm looking forward to it too.

We don't have the 3 players between 30 and 35 rule in the FVSL Masters. So we don't lose anyone. We do have one player suspended though.

Can anyone confirm that accumulation of yellows and a resulting suspension at the end of the season, does not carry over to Cup play, but only red cards do.

Finally, we've got nice blue threads courtesy of Dolie. No more Halloween all season long.

Daz:cool:

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dazza said:
JAGS,

Can anyone confirm that accumulation of yellows and a resulting suspension at the end of the season, does not carry over to Cup play, but only red cards do.

Daz:cool:

Last Year I received my 3rd yellow in the last league game of the season and had to sit out the 1st provincial game (this was with PAU in the valley premier league)
My guess is it's the same for the Masters because it is a BC soccer regulation....although it wouldn't be official I guess until your name is listed on the league website.
Shite way to end the season.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:
Last Year I received my 3rd yellow in the last league game of the season and had to sit out the 1st provincial game (this was with PAU in the valley premier league)
My guess is it's the same for the Masters because it is a BC soccer regulation....although it wouldn't be official I guess until your name is listed on the league website.
Shite way to end the season.

Fcuk! Thanks Aves, that makes sense.

Thankfully it doesn't apply to me, I went the whole season without getting a single yellow.

Daz

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went the whole season without getting a single yellow.

..... didn't see the field this year Daz????:D :D Thought you might have picked one up while running the line one match.

JAGS:p

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vicman:

Columbus play their home games USUALLY at Central Park in Burnaby. Shite field by the way. Other times I think they have played at Byrne Creek Turf which is a fairly new field. A lot of our fields are beaten up so it will be interesting if we get on some turf fields. Columbus are a good side who just recently won our league cup. Strong offensively with great goal scorers but can be beaten defensively. Good luck!!

SCK - Inter

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vicman,

Check out the Nanaimo UVic game. Funny how draws go sometimes. I'm sure those 2 teams are keen to play each other again.:rolleyes:

I notice Rangers are on our side and we will meet in the semis if we both make it that far.

Columbus play at Empire Stadium. Well, they used to 30 years ago when they were all 15. :D

Columbus play all over the place. It will be a mystery.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vman,

We played Columbus Sunday in the League Cup Final at Kensington, 33rd and Knight -- most of the fields have lost their posts for baseball. The South, upper field, wasn't bad, a few bobbles this time of year to be expected.

Solid team, definitely not the "nearly dead", you have your work cut out for you. Decent hard tackling defense, but aren't they all, right. If Benji's 34 and you can keep some pressure on them up the field to keep them hitting the long switching balls though, it is not an impossible task.

Sounds like Wickham have gone from the frying pan into the fire. We are getting used to playing the best though. Perhaps we are improving -- have to take the field to find out I guess.

Best of luck,
Jman

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
For all of those interested in field venues for the provincials view the VMSL website for the latest. It shows where and when the games are.

Vicman: Your game against Columbus is apparently at 12:00 on Sunday.

SCK

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS said:
..... didn't see the field this year Daz????:D :D Thought you might have picked one up while running the line one match.

JAGS:p

No. Lots of playing time...just getting softer in my old age I guess:eek:

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers for the info guy's. We played Columbus last year and beat them 4-1. But this year we are severly short staffed. We will give it our best shot. Watch out for Uvic, quality team, my pick to win it this year.

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK and Peter, the draw has a familiar look to it this year. If our teams continue winning, we might meet again. Good Luck.
Coleman, was hoping to play your team this year but it doesn't look likely. Maybe we can meet up again in a tournament sometime.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Vicman! How are things on the island these days? Break any noses this year? ; )

From our standpoint, the draw treated us pretty well: us being on the bottom half of a tourney that's top-heavy in talent...of course the way we've been playing this year, anyone on the bottom is probably relishing the thought of meeting us.

After listening to the draw last night (great production TB!) I think you might be on the money regarding UVic, quite a few names on that team with a lot of experience although I find that the playing field evens out a little as one ages.

I'm just hoping I can find 18 healthy bodies from our 30 man roster.

Peter

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
vicman said:
Cheers for the info guy's. We played Columbus last year and beat them 4-1. But this year we are severly short staffed. We will give it our best shot. Watch out for Uvic, quality team, my pick to win it this year.

I think you will find Vicman that Columbus is a much different and younger team this year. They added at least 4 quality players under 38 years old. I dont believe, based on the birthdays submitted for the selects, that they lose Benji or Sal, but it looks like they do lose Sarge. Battista, (one word kind of like Pele, or Ronaldhino, or Madonna:p ) I do not know about.

I am not disappointed in our draw, it is always good to be at home. SU I thought was again fortunate this year, at least in the early round(s). SFC had to do it with four tough games last year, and it looks like they will have to do the same this year.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the first round venues and times are on the BCSA website except for our game against West Van. All Sunday games except the Rangers who are going on Saturday.

Can anybody here provide details on West Van / Delta Metro game.?

Cheers

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, thanks for the Columbus update. They will want their revenge against us no doubt. If I had a full team to pick from I would be more confident. But we will be coming over with only 1 fit defender. And both my central midfielders are also out. Not trying to make any excuses but it will be tough with only 13 players available. We will still give them a good game though, and as they say, it's a funny old game.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0