Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Masters Provincial Cup Early Discussion

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the luxury of a week since the draw and also a renewal of my weekly subscription to Sir M's Power Rankings (costs me one pint with citrus per week), it has allowed me to review my predictions three times twice.:confused: and I offer the following. I have also taken that next step and predicted the scoreline. Wish I had lineup cards for all and I could spend my week doing some Will Hill odds on 'first to score', 'half time score', 'first yellow card of the match', 'how many bottles of Merlot C'Side will consume on Sunday'.

Surrey Fire Rangers v. Wickham FC
Surrey 3 - Wickham FC 0
Home field and defending Western Champs too much for the former Sailor Hagars squad.

U Vic Alumni v. Nanaimo
U Vic alumni 3 - Nanaimo 0
Victoria is a way better place to have a few pints ...... Stickey Wicket Pub ....... so I am going with the South Island squad.

Surrey Utd. v. Norvan
Surrey Utd. 5 v. Norvan 0
Regs will do 'the move' 3x in the match, 'Wow' the Norvan faithful, but not score:D .

Nordic FC v. Firemen
Nordic FC 1 v. Firemen 2
Firemen will be too physical for the North Van boys.

West Van FC v. Delta Metro
West Van FC 2 v. Delta Metro 0
Don't like picking my own match, but feel that with Dazza on the other squad, we will rise to the occasion and Dickens_Cider will score his first of the year (Dickens .. that is called a challenge;) )

Columbus v. Vic Athletics
Columbus 3 v. Vic Athletics 1
Sal & Benji too much pace for the slower and older Vic Athletics (no basis for saying they are slower and older, it just sounds good at this point in my picks).

Coveside FC v. Westside FC
Coveside FC 1 v. Westside FC 2.
Sorry C'Side ...... having played against Catliff this year, he is so strong in the air and can't think of anybody on your squad that can match that threat. I do predict you will drink 3 bottles of Merlot on Sunday.:D :D

Inter v. Gordon Head
Inter 3. v. Gordon Head 1
Inter was quick and fit when we lost to them a couple weeks back, plus Zambrano in net is always good for a couple spectacular saves per match.

JAGS:eek: :eek:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good predictions Jags. Although I don't know about C-Side and the consumption of vino. After all, he may want to stay fit for the following week if his team prevails.

On another note, how's the fields in North Van?? There are four games to be played at Adanac next weekend. Two for open premier, and two for us( Inter and Columbus). I can't see the fields being in great shape which will add another dimension to the games for sure. Good luck to all teams. Should be interesting....

Sck

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
where is Adanac psrk
Boundary Rd. about halfway down the hill from Hastings St. to 1st Ave. Two wonderful pieces of mixed goat pasture and mudpit on the Vancouver side of Boundary.

you're welcome....

Trece

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Amen to that comment Trece....what no mind thought two soccer pitches at the bottom of a hill was a good idea? Only in Vancouver...yeah Vicman...bring the sixes with extra long studs! Good luck everyone...cept Nordic..2-1?? If only I can find my scoring touch...anybody seen it???
Jags...Stickeywicket pub...two thumbs up there brother! They get to see our act once a year on our FF golf trip...Oly 's a great guy!

Cheers!

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter said:
Cside, I'll let the Westside guys know...pretty good year you guys had out there.

Peter, thank you for passing on the info.

Yes we had a great season,only because WV Peg left to go to your league.

We lose some quality players that are under 35, so that hurts. but what the hell we will give it our best!

Are you wearing Red or White on Sunday?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
White...we lose a couple of O-50 guys because the bathrooms are too far away in case of emergencies so it all evens out.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
An actual pre-Bcs conversation in Ambleside Changeroom A yesterday evening:

JAGS: "Sir M I see Ballbaby said you are a sly dog and sees through your questionable motives in The Excellent Power Rankings."

Dickens: "Who is Ballbaby anyway?"

Sir M: "His name is Spiro."

Bro: "Is he Greek?"

Sir M: "I think everyone named Spiro is Greek".

Luch: "Whats his last name?"

Jua: "His name is Spiro Agnew."

Dickens: "Spiro Agnew, I recognize that name."

Jua: "He played Italian league with us one year. Good guy."

Dickens: "I thought he was Greek?"

Spada: "I think he's a singer."

Sir M: "Listen knuckleheads. He is not a singer, he plays for Surrey U."

Spada: "So Spiro Agnew plays for Surrey?"

Sir M: "No! Spiro Agnew was the Vice President of the United States under Richard Nixon. He was front and center during Watergate, I watched it almost everyday on TV when I was a kid."

Luch:" I was one during Watergate..."

(Sigh...)

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never played with Spiro Agnew, but did you know that I played a couple of years with Kevin Colbow's dad. Boy that dates me... he was a hard tackler by the way -- good to see him out at the Columbus game.

Jags, think the only Sailor Hagar dressing is Bruce Fraser. We are hoping to tempt Warren over next year, maybe Simon and Tito one day soon. Better adjust that score prediction -- your call whether that is up or down!

Looking forward to Saturdays tilt, and maybe even more to Triple Header Sunday. See everyone at the park(s), hear we are even going to have a special guest appearance from the sun this weekend.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry but can someone please let me know what color kit that this Wickham plays in.

I have know idea and can't get a hold of any of their contacts?

Thanks and good luck this weekend.

I think we are the only Saturday game on the mainland tomorrow.

Nice

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
coach: red shirts, black socks, black shorts....this is what they wore against columbus in the cup final....

colemanj can confirm this for you....

goodluck

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Muzz got a 2 game suspension - hopefully he gets to play again this year...

Coach, how is "futbol"? Heard he did his groin the other night?

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, red tops with black stripes -- Wickham kit can also include white shorts and white socks, I always seem to drag on the wrong combination.

Special thanks to the league for keeping careful count of accumulated yellow cards even after league play is finished for the year. Nice.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J:

I think the way it's worded is "BCSA sanctioned play is BCSA sanctioned play." Who's having to sit for accumulated yellows? You:p :D ?

Trece

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0