Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Masters Provincial Cup Early Discussion

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza & Crafty Cokcney ............. I have just been advised that our match is set for 1:30pm at Confederation Park Turf (Carson Graham High School at 21st Street & Jones Ave.) in North Van on Sunday April 23rd. The 3rd game of the North Shore Tripleheader.

Westside v. Coveside @ 9:45am
Firemen v. Nordic @ 11:30am
Delta v. West Van @ 1:30pm

Before I get into predicting the matches, I predict that C'Side will be hammered by our 1:30pm gametime on that day ........... win or lose for Coveside.:D :D

JAGS

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crafty Cockney, I just noticed your sig. I will be at the West Ham - Spurs game on May 7th.

COYS!!!!!!!

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS said:
Dazza & Crafty Cokcney ............. I have just been advised that our match is set for 1:30pm at Confederation Park Turf (Carson Graham High School at 21st Street & Jones Ave.) in North Van on Sunday April 23rd. The 3rd game of the North Shore Tripleheader.

Westside v. Coveside @ 9:45am
Firemen v. Nordic @ 11:30am
Delta v. West Van @ 1:30pm

Before I get into predicting the matches, I predict that C'Side will be hammered by our 1:30pm gametime on that day ........... win or lose for Coveside.:D :D

JAGS

Jags,

I have actually started cutting my Melot with 7-up, so I should be ok till at least half time of your game. :eek:

That's going to be a great day out, let's hope the weather is good.

Good luck to all North Shore teams.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
cside17 said:
Jags,

I have actually started cutting my Melot with 7-up, so I should be ok till at least half time of your game. :eek:

That's going to be a great day out, let's hope the weather is good.

Good luck to all North Shore teams.

LOL!! Lets hope it is Sunny. I also Predict I will be HAMMERED For the WestVAn Peg Sucks game! :knvb:

Good luck to the Northshore and keep an eye on your coolers!

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
vicman said:
Crafty Cockney, I just noticed your sig. I will be at the West Ham - Spurs game on May 7th.

COYS!!!!!!!

If it is anything like the first game it should be a cracker. I was at White Hart Lane in November for the 1-1 game. Spurs played the nicer football but the Hammers where well worth the point on the day.

Enjoy the game.

Cheers

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, all of the scouting reports are in the statistics have been compiled and analyzed, and Sir M himself has done a bit of scouting. Things are getting tight at the top as the BCs rapidly approach, and the VISL teams are now seeded. So here is week three of:

SIR M'S EXCELLENT POWER RANKINGS

1. SFC Rangers. Got a 1-0 result to stay top of the table, in their final game of the season, but several teams are breathing down their neck. Very frugal (Sir M couldn't remember how to spell stingy, or stingey like not a bee sting) in the backof late. Home field advantage in the BCs, and Champions.

2. Surrey United. The FVSL Champions gave PAU a 5-0 thrashing on the weekend, but lost workhorse Murray Howes for at least one game in the process. A realtively easy draw in the BCs.

3. Columbus F.C. With Benji Hayford back in the lineup, defeated upstarts Wickham F.C. 2-0 to capture the VMSL Masters A Cup. At home to Vic Athletic, should be a good test.

4. UVic Alumni Dragons. Sir M is relying heavily on the Power Rankings Island scouting staff for this one, who actually rate this squad as high as #1. Erudite Westside manager Peter seems to concur.

5. ICSF Inter. The VMSL Masters Premier runners-up had a win against West Van, but followed it up with a tie against Westside. Good draw in the first round of the BCs.

6. West Van F.C. This mercurial and recently understaffed side clinched the VMSL Masters Premier League title by defeating Vancouver Firefighters last night, but not showing up for the first hour against Inter the week before drops them in the rankings. Home field advantage in the BCs. Good news is their top scorer is back after a 2 month absence, along with a couple more from the Selects.

7. Westside F.C. Two ties against tough opponents in the final two games of the regular season to wrap up 4th in the VMSL. Can never be counted out. Travel North for their first game.

8. Nanaimo F.C. They won the VISL League title, so must be doing something right. Have a way of getting results. Up against UVic in the first round in an all-Island tilt.

9. Delta Metro United. Little data on this team from the Power Rankings staff. 3rd place in the FVSL, quite a bit back from the top two, but if like other #3 FVSL qualifiers in recent years, should be very tough in the Provincials.

10. Vancouver Firefighters. By their own admission, an aging powerhouse. Tons of experience, a good showing in a losing cause to West Van last night. Good draw in the first round. Can drink with the best of them. Depends on who they get out.

11. Victoria Athletic. Were beaten 6-2 in their Cup final by UVic, and scouts say that they are understaffed. Have to travel to Adanac to face Columbus, a team they defeated in the first round in the 2005 competetion.

12. Wickham F.C. Were the second best side in the VMSL Cup final, but they got there. A very challenging draw against the Western Canadian Champions out at NAP, but relish the underdog role. Should be a very physical game.

13. Coveside F.C. Power Rankings North Shore Scout D.M. rates these guys very highly (like top three, having said that the little guy was hammered and would not leave our change room last night and was highly annoying). In his drunken state he reports that they have signed an ex-Glasgow Celtic striker who in his words is the best scorer he has ever seen. (Now Cside did you guys go out and sign Henrik Larsson?:p ). Still losing a lot of underaged players and depth is needed in this competetion. Highly competetive.

14. Nordic F.C. One of the Ant-Fan's favourite teams, but have a tough draw first round. The a/m drunken North Shore Power Rankings Scout ranks them top three as well.

15. Gorge Vale F.C. The Island Power Rankings staff rates this side as "shocking, whipping boys in this competetion". Note to self, have a chat the Island staff regarding diplomacy. A tough draw against Inter away.

16. Norvan F.C. Second in last three years time qualfying for this snake bitten side, as they again get SU in the first tround out in Cloverdale. The last time those two met it was I believe 7-0 Surrey...But the drunken North Shore correspondent is picking them to win the whole thing (although I believe he plays for them:rolleyes: ).

The next rankings, after the first round, will be only eight teams. Good luck to all competitors.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our other striker, Kiwi, is also out for the first game as he picked up his third yellow on Sunday... he would've been in England anyways for the game, but still.. :D

Did we jump up a couple of spots just by pasting PAU? Something smells.

:D

Well done Sir M!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, methinks you doth besmirch yourselves too much...you guys should be the top VMSL team, not third best (and I still don't know why you rate Columbus so highly).

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Neither do I Peter. We still beat them 2-3 times this year. However, if you don't win games you don't advance. Columbus won the League Cup and we didn't...

On another note, congrats to West Van for winning the Premier Division this year. They are a very good side and will play tough in the provincials. Every VMSL team will have to show up on Sunday to advance. Good luck to all teams.

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Excellent Power Rankings are a complex qualitative analysis of numerous factors and input from hundreds of staff, :rolleyes: all experts in their respective fields. And some (like you two for example) do not even know they are on staff...:eek:

One of the biggest factors is recent form though.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow thanks Sir M.

What and who are these Wickham guys?

I've talked to a few Metro Ford players who battled this team all year and from all accounts, "They are the team that does'nt stop working".

Great!:rolleyes:

Let's face it, this whole tournament is a crap shoot and you need a little luck along the way.

I would say there are about seven teams who could very easily win this thing.

Did i enjoy seeing that we have home field advantage all the way through? You bet ya baby!

Good luck boys.

Either way it looks to be a tough battle for everyone.

Well almost everyone.............................BRM:mad:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So we apparently got an easy draw? I'm pretty sure it was Nordic we beat handily and not Norvan in the past but I may be wrong. If we advance through our first round game, we would play the winner of FF's and Nordic. I think anyone who knows anything about cup play and FF's, will know they will be very tough no matter the age. We're old too!

That UVIC team does look very tough on paper and their results speak for themselves. Coach, I agree with you that this years Championship is open to many. That's good!

Sir M. What an awesome job you have done with these rankings. However, your motives are suspect.
You sly old dog you.:cool:

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As one on the outside looking in.....

Predictions for the first round:

1. FireRangers
2. UVIC
3. Medium Maroon Machine
4. Firemen

(If the FireRangers and Firemen meet in the semis, who will be left to man the Fire Stations?)

5. West Van
6. Vic Athletics
7. Westside
8. Inter

FireRangers and West Van to meet in the final with FireRangers repeating as chumpions.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby ;) ...

I think though that you guys hammered Nordic in the 1st round last year, but it was (at least if I haven't killed too many brain cells since then) I believe Norvan you thumped 7-0 in the 1st round in the year you went all the way...(OK don't ask which one, :rolleyes: ...2004...)

And you are right, FF are always tough, but everone gets tough draws it looks like...

Coach, I have seen Wickham a couple times this year, and yes they do work very hard, they never give up, they had guys consistently making like 60 yard runs down the flanks just to create space. With out going into too much detail their style is similar to your's and in the games I have seen their goaltending has been outstanding. And they got a guy who looks like a 40 year old Eric Cantona on the Nike Joga Bonito commercials...:wa:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions echo Fat Monkey's with one exception...Columbus will win their game against Vic. They are playing way too good to go down in the first round. All games look interesting....

SCK

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
my predictions:

Rangers over Wickham in a close one...these guys work hard and will not roll over and die...

UVIC over Nanaimo...don't know much about these teams but will go with vicman's scouting report...

Surrey United over Norvan...utd too strong for the lads in the north shore

Firefighters over Nordic...FF older but will prevail

West Van FC over Delta...Sir M's team slumping of late but will win this one after being crown VMSL league champions

Columbus over Victoria...columbus has a score to settle from last year and they have a lot of fire power up front as oppose from last year's team

WFC Westside over Coveside...JC will be to much for Coveside to handle

ICSF Inter over Gordon Head...sck's bunch will win this one

scp

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi guy's
looking for email addresses for contacts for all the visiting teams for the Masters Triple header on Sunday @ Confederation turf in N Van. I know teams are represented on here. If you could PM me that would be great.

One off our youth Gold teams is going to run a concession stand, with 50/50 draws,etc. I just want to get the word out to everyone that will be there.

I don't think North Van has had something like this since Kinsmen stadium burnt down!

They will have lots of "pops"available also,incase the sun gods comply,and coolers run dry!:D

Good luck to all, and let's hope the sun shines!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
It was Malones we thumped last year in the first round...

Yep you are right, now that I think of it. Was it in fact Norvan two years ago? I am pretty sure it was...

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ryan Mcnabb,40 year old eric cantona?
great player Ryan.
especially running down the tunnell in england!
Boy could that lad drink, i mean play cards with jordy.
gotmyclubsoutandgoinggolfing

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0