Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 BC Mens Open Provincial Cup, Results and Banter

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I broke my fibula March 4th...99% had to do with the fact is was on turf....:mad:

Inter lost a player this year to a ruptured achilles at Point Grey Turf. Nobody around him, change of direction and, pop.

Whatever you say, it is still better than the rug at Empire Stadium, anyone around who remembers playing on that? The seams alone were a death trap.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seen it too many times before; the turf IS to blame! Colin Phillips last November with blew out his knee on a turn at practice. It's not as great as some want to think.

Croatia vs Clanbus

All I could think about during that snoozer was; where are all the Croat fans? Rumour has it that the older supporters are disgusted with some players this year introducing some illegal products around the dressing room. Can any Croat supporters comment on this?

Firemen crushed the Island power.

OK, I do respect the Gorge club and their consistency, but here I go........Hey Gorge, get rid of the last names on the back of your jerseys! You're amateur players and you're just begging for ridicule. Maybe on the Island you're the big dawgs and thumping shite teams shuts them up, but I was truly embarrassed for you. I'm surprised you don't wear authentic European club jerseys (ala Westside) and throw your names on those.
"I got Anderson! Someone mark Jackson! Who's got Vanderray?" What a joke.

BTW: beards are for hockey. Half of you looked like the Amish. Shaving your head and not your face looks quite retarded. 1-8 on aggregate. Ouch.

I just expected more from the Gorge club.

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey WAB,

Is this one of your first posts on here? I am not about to go on and check because it doesn't mean that much to me.

Ridicule all you want. Do you think that your opinion matters to any one of us? We lost! You can't leave it at that. Don't say you have respect for the Gorge club because you don't. It is fairly easy to run your mouth when you are watching the game from the sidelines isn't it. For some reason we always have trouble with the Firefighters.

Ya, we have our names on our jerseys, big deal. We are amatuers but does it really matter? Does it make a big difference in your life. You just need something to moan about! We have fun when we play! And about our beards, is it a rule that says beards are for hockey or does it put a dent in your armour as we do not gel our hair and put cologne on before the match. Find something else to run your mouth about.

TV

GorgePrez

Apr 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Turf is not to blame for Kevins injury..in fact the first 1.5 inches of turf is a lot more forgiving than grass. The way he fell and turn it wouldnt have mattered what he fell on.. Its tragic either way....shitty mark on the game for us.....As for the game....yes we came out with 4 flat tires against a very good team.....no excuses its too bad we waited 9 months to do that but thats the game..Thank to the firefighters for thier assistance with kevin.... .Good luck to Firefighters and Columbus....in the final..we will see you in nanaimo.........GD...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can not wear a studded shoe on the turf, period. You're just asking for knee and ankle damage. They make turf shoes with turf soles for a reason.

Amish, only WAB... :D

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For what it is worth.............I tore my ACL last summer on turf and a very respected physio told me...............John "turf is good for business":( It is just a fact that the lack of any give on the turf causes more knee and anckle injuries than even the worst grass pitches.

Well done Fireman in getting back to the dance.......2 years in a row is very impressive!

Cheers,

~J~

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever you say, it is still better than the rug at Empire Stadium, anyone around who remembers playing on that? The seams alone were a death trap.

You just dated yourself....I think I was 7 when they stopped playing on that field....

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia vs Clanbus

All I could think about during that snoozer was; where are all the Croat fans? Rumour has it that the older supporters are disgusted with some players this year introducing some illegal products around the dressing room. Can any Croat supporters comment on this?

whataboutboob, We had 200 supporters out at Adanac the week before, most of them older supporters. When 90% of those older supporters live in and around East Van it makes it tough for them to get out to Cloverdale Athletic. Implying that anybody on the team is involved in illegal products is far fetched. Thats all i got, Im going to get my benz detailed;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey WAB,

Ridicule all you want. Do you think that your opinion matters to any one of us? We lost! You can't leave it at that. Don't say you have respect for the Gorge club because you don't. It is fairly easy to run your mouth when you are watching the game from the sidelines isn't it. For some reason we always have trouble with the Firefighters.

Ya, we have our names on our jerseys, big deal. We are amatuers but does it really matter? Does it make a big difference in your life. You just need something to moan about! We have fun when we play! And about our beards, is it a rule that says beards are for hockey or does it put a dent in your armour as we do not gel our hair and put cologne on before the match. Find something else to run your mouth about.TV

My opinion definitely matters because you responded to it with such vigour and passion. First of all, only Inter, and Catanzaro players of the old I-tie league, gel the hair back and drench themselves with the toilet water. That's why they'll never win the big one. 2nd, I can never leave a loss at just that; TTP would be such a bore like it has become in the last year or so because no one will really speak their mind. 3rd, my life became complete when we won the Provincial Cup last year - ranks after the brith of my children but before my marriage.

As for the Gorge club. There is no doubt I think you guys have a great organization. You have a good following, you produce a great team year-in, year-out, and you won the Cup 2 years in a row - something really tough to do. But, you beat Sapp in Naniamo in the 2003 semi-final, and THAT really bothers me!:)

Hopefully we will see you next year.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutboob, We had 200 supporters out at Adanac the week before, most of them older supporters. When 90% of those older supporters live in and around East Van it makes it tough for them to get out to Cloverdale Athletic. Implying that anybody on the team is involved in illegal products is far fetched. Thats all i got, Im going to get my benz detailed;)

I was at Adanac and there was no 200 fans. Come on now!:rolleyes: :D

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just want to wish the best of luck to both Columbus and Firemen in the final. They both deserve to be there.
Columbus seemed to be missing several key players, yet they were still able to pull of the win. Playing as a team and battling through adversity is what you need at cup time. They had it, we didn't.
Firemen should be tough to beat. I like teams that have a core group in/around the age of 30, and they seem to be.
Good luck to all!

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB - What I think must wind people up the most is the fact you were so quiet on here all year and then out of the wood work you start hammering a club (Gorge) and trying to defame another (Croatia) out of nowhere, actually, from the sidelines, close to relegation, out of the Imperial in a shite kick (wish someone had videotaped and youtubed your half time speech at the columbus game - was school yard under 13 bronze coaching at best), and watching all of the provincials with "we won it all last year" moto.....

You won last year, earned a shite load of respect from some, - go re read your posts.

In response to your posts...

1. Gorge - playoff beards were funny as slowed them down when going forward against the wind....names on the back - made for easy markings and even easier windups on the pitch - I say keep em -

2. Croatia - Our game finished an hour after their's, they still had 40 to 50 players, fans, with a full barby, pints, around for 3 or 4 hours after when we left CAP at 8:30pm, they were leaving near the same time.....

Now that said - I heard you put on one hell of a meal at the Nationals last year, could you possibly serve up a pre game meal on the 25th, preferably in Nanaimo......

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leftonly said:
WAB - What I think must wind people up the most is the fact you were so quiet on here all year and then out of the wood work
Funny you didn't post much while sitting near the bottom of the tables all season, yet now you seem to post every week. Imagine that, eh? I guess it wasn't that appealing for you sitting in 8th?

Good cup run though. Keep posting. ;)

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Mennie had surgery last night...the doc said it was one of the worst breaks he has ever seen......which isn't a good thing.

Thanks again to the Firemen for helping my bro........personally I think the turf has something to do with it. Although he came down at a weird angle..had it been grass there would have been some give. But yeah...turf shoes are needed to prevent this type of injury.

Hats off to the Surrey United centerback for the hospital visit.

Good luck to Clan and Fire......Hope to see you all next year at the LOG.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey the rumours about Croatia are not from some player out in the valley. I hear these things from really close sources. I would name names but that would be irresponsible of me.:rolleyes: Enough said.

Well there is no slant to my comments. It's just what I see. Why are most people watching the Gorge/Fire game at 3-0 with 20 to go and not watching the 1-0 C-C/C game? Because it was boring, had little passion to it, and, actually, looked slow.
The final will be great, though, and I think it'll go to PKs. There are a lot of players on both teams deserving of a victory. I'd say almost, if not every player and organizer of both teams; especially Mash, Molli, Gaita and Pace. They've been around too long not to have won it.

Romie.....
War the out-of-left-field bashing and defamations
War a quick recovery for Kevin Mennie
War Sapp returning to the BC's in 2008.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played on opening day of that turf back in the late 60's or early 70's...there was a game after us and there were lots of fans. I remember it like it was the last millenium!

You just dated yourself....I think I was 7 when they stopped playing on that field....

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally from KNVB
"Funny you didn't post much while sitting near the bottom of the tables all season, yet now you seem to post every week. Imagine that, eh? I guess it wasn't that appealing for you sitting in 8th?

Good cup run though. Keep posting."

KNVB - Fair enough, there were about all of 4 people who posted consistently this year, but I never stepped on and started bashing other teams, spreading rumours while we continued to lay eggs in a relegation battle........

Been a good run, and against a very tough Columbus season, will let you know after that match if I am posting or not...undecided at the moment....:bronco:

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best of luck to Clan and Firemen. Like to see Clan win because of the ties with the hill, but Firemen are a decent group of guys, ever since Pasqua left! :D

See all you guys next year! Take from that what you will!!;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB - Fair enough, there were about all of 4 people who posted consistently this year, but I never stepped on and started bashing other teams, spreading rumours while we continued to lay eggs in a relegation battle........

Been a good run, and against a very tough Columbus season, will let you know after that match if I am posting or not...undecided at the moment....:bronco:

No, not one Croat poster ever bashes anyone:rolleyes: And all fans are so polite to opposing players and referees.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I got a great idea, lets all start our posts like this:
"It was a really good game between two good teams...."
Add the middle part like this:
"We tried really hard like they did."
Compliment both teams, win or lose:
"I'm proud of our effort. It could have gone either way. They're a very strong team."
Sum it up like this:
"Good luck to the opposing team the rest of the way. I apologize in advance if anyone is offended by my comments, because I didn't intend any disrespect."
And end it like this:
"Love you all."

Viewers = 0

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0