Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 BC Mens Open Provincial Cup, Results and Banter

Monkeeman

May 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, with only 1 Island team left in Provincial Cup competition, I think that team, Gorge FC, will beat the Firefighters this time around. They have the drive, skill and stamina this season.

I also have a feeling that Croatia will beat Columbus Clan after I've seen that team play last week-end in Duncan. I was not impressed and unless the Clan picks it up 500% for tomorrow, they will be done and will be the end of their season.

Having said that, I do wish all competing teams the best of luck.

Monkeeman.

And the walls came down !

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is accurate?

PAU in newspaper said:
They had the edge in scoring chances in the first half but in the second we absolutely dominated the play

Azzi Report said:
Croatia dominated proceedings from start to finish and fully deserved the victory despite the fact that the visitors tried their best to compensate for their obvious skill disadvantage by relying on overly excessive physical play.

Also, how true is this because I heard the Croats thumped PAU a couple of weeks ago...

PAU Newspaper said:
Despite playing in different leagues during regular season, the two squads were familiar with each other, having played twice this year in exhibition contests, with PAU having the upper hand

Did PAU win the first one 6-0?!?!!?

:D

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice afterrnoon at Cloverdale:

Columbus 2 Croatia 0

Well whem Mr. J. Sulentic whine...it is a sign that is not his day ...and it showed. Good tourny by the croats though.

Firemen 3 Gorge 0

Two weeks ago I saw a strong Gorge team tha walked all over AFC Leopards and I thought ...hmm this team will go for a long run in this Provincials... then they beat Surrey United in a (according to some ASS) close game...last week I saw Firemen beat Sporting in PK's and the game was all Sporting, but you never know in football. Today all the records (except the semis last year) said that Gorge was going to be the TEAM, but they came flat and did not show what they did before ... it was all Firemen...

Ahh... the game was temporaly suspended as a Gorge's player suffer an apparently broken ankle...Best wishes Kevin hope you recover soon...unfortunately.... Gorge boys....good run, it wasn't your day today.

Good luck to Columbus and Firemen .

Out

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
One hell of a start for us.....3 goals quick and I think the wind from the sails from the island, if that makes sense, was out....

Defense for us was solid, peers, macca and skins solid, marco did what he needed and we played some nice stuff early to get the ball moving and fired a few in.....

Kevin Gilbert - well battled, hope you recover quickly, never want to see someone as quality as you go down like that.

As for the calls from everyone that Gorge would walk over us, they must have been well off their game, Rob V (nicest guy in soccer) played well, I think Will Moore disappointed, but great guy, and the likes of Dean and Keving did what they could, but they missed that dominant force going forward that we were expecting from other match reports, but every team has an off day.

A chippy game at times, a fair amount of talking early, pearsy should get a shout as near to most underrated player in provincials, can't say I am a fan of number 4's game, trash talk, antics etc - but then, I doubt much of the gorge liked my chirping back......all in all, happy to get to the final, and hope to go kevin recovers from the injury - one last opinion, what the hell are we doing playing on turf at this time of the year?? it makes no sense......

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playing on Turf this time of year is terrible.
There are plenty of grass fields around. Especially for the two biggest soccer games being played in B.C.
It's a different game on the turf. Completely.
The game was made to play on grass.
NO EXCUSE NOT TO FIND A GRASS PITCH THIS TIME OF YEAR!!

little things like this, add up, to the game...

GO Canada GO

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't hear Croatia, chirpin and singin today. Bunch of clowns, try singing once you won something. Last week at Adanac you would of thought they won the champions league, after beating a bunch of lowly Fraser Valley Animals. Got News for ya, your team ain't that good, and you won shite this year. Time to re-group and head back to the Indian reserve to get some more fireworks to shoot off when you get past your next 1/4 final match. PAU parties at the Roxy this season 2, Croatia Nill.

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studs up - Can you give the match report of the semi final you were in? just curiouss what game you played in, as very hostile towards the croats? No sweat if it comes a bit late, as imagine you must be celebrating somewhere.

Cheers.....leftonly...

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studsup, you are a clown who the fu*k cheers and sings when they lose! Unless you're a Maple Leafs fan!

Code:
Can't hear Croatia, chirpin and singin today.

As for attacking the Croat players, I honestly believe that it's more there fan support that is singing and chirpin when they are winning! Did all of the Croatia players show up to play today and leave it all on the field from my point of view "NO". Then again I only saw the second half, as for carving them about chirping and singing I truly believe that Croatia is the envy of the league in terms of fan support and believe you are only envious that you don't have the same support for when you win!:rolleyes:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
maybe craotia needs to keep itals out of their team!or even better no white boots or hair gel:cool:

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well boys,
After a long ferry ride home. Wow it was a great ferry ride though. Had to take the 9 so we had lots of time to drown our sorrows with LUCKY and PILSNER, and we definatly did so!

Definatly a dissappointment from the Island. We didn't show up to play yesterday. Going down three in the first 20 is hard to come back from. Hats off to the Firefighters as they played and incredible game. Skinner and Cravs were brilliant for them. Congrats to you guys and good luck in the final. we definatly didn't test your goalie much and I really wish we did. He was a bit of a moron flopping around. Yes we lost and you won but it was seriously it was a disgrace to your side. Class Acts around the pitch except in the pipes I must say.

As for Kev Mennie the last report we got on the ferry last night is that is was a broken Fib and tendons torn to sh*t. Apparently the ankle was disclocated as well. He will require surgery today. And then home tomorrow. I am sure he will say it again but on behalf of the Gorge Soccer Association we would like to Thank all of those who helped with Kevin and attended his injury. You guys were awesome with him and our greatest thanks goes to you guys.

Thanks for a great game and good luck to both Columbus and Firefighters.

Joe Paps, Viva Catanzarro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TV

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 2 Croatia 0

Not much to say. Pretty even game i thought. Columbus capitalized on their goals we didn't. We had one main chance where Johnny grazed the goal post of a 20 yard free kick. Other than that nothing to major from our side. I thought it was a pretty even game.

Congrats to Columbus, they played minus a few players, and came out on top in the end.

Good Luck to Columbus and Firemen in the finals!!

PS I would like to also thank all of our fans for coming out and supporting us through out the year. I believe we have the best support in the league. And i know we are the envy of other teams, cuz other teams have told me this. To the haters, hate us... We don't care... We hate you all equally!!! :D

Dok je Srca, Bit ce i Croatia!!!

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playing on Turf this time of year is terrible.
There are plenty of grass fields around. Especially for the two biggest soccer games being played in B.C.
It's a different game on the turf. Completely.
The game was made to play on grass.
NO EXCUSE NOT TO FIND A GRASS PITCH THIS TIME OF YEAR!!

little things like this, add up, to the game...

GO Canada GO

Sounds like yesterday's broken ankle had a lot to do with the surface. Maybe the insurance companies should be looking closer this Turf stuff.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen were busy and effective on two fronts on Saturday. Their Premier team won the semi-final to advance to the Championship for the second year in a row. Also on Saturday, Firemen's manager bought a trophy at Sapp's garage sale on Saturday. The trophy which was sold on Saturday resembles something presented to Sapp last year, but it couldn't have been the Provincial trophy because when the BCSA awarded the trophy last year, the trophy was filthy and it didn't have the names of the twp previous winners on it (Pegasus and Sporting). BCSA's new trophy to be presented this year is brand new and clean and doesn't have any previous winners names on it.
The Firefighters manager claimed he was buying the trophy for the Firefighters social club, but he didn't ask for a receipt for the $140 he paid. Maybe he wants the trophy for his rec room, or maybe he bought it to needle Inter, Gorge and all the other teams which are on the outside looking in.
Firemen might as well book their fights now for next October's national.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listen, Kev, if you didn't want to buy me those Jagger shots all you had to do was say so, blowing your leg 12 ways to Sunday seems a bit harsh dunnit? Horrible new mate, get well soon. I do hope this doesn't end your career, what being as old as you are and all... ;)

Congrats to both teams in the finals. I'm a little shocked to hear the Firemen did up Gorge again though, especially after seeing how hard and how well I thought they played just last week. I honestly didn't see this one happening. It's quite the accomplishment making the finals in back to back years especially for a side who only qualified because of the Imperial. As shitty as they did this season there is about 5 or 6 guys on that team that I'd like to see win it all.

Clan too I suppose, though I don't think all the youngsters could handle being on a week long road trip with the Surrey Women.

PS. The Valley was "hosting" and they're the ones who booked the turf.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0