Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 BC Mens Open Provincial Cup, Results and Banter

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing like watching your season end once AGAIN on the Island news this morning... bastards. Though, Gorges first goal was much nicer than I first thought. I may have seen it better if I wasn't doubled over from the shot in the ribs I took, eh? Lookaturself? ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still think PAU are too old. ;)

Unlucky boys...man, would it be nice if the valley could consistently get VMSL caliber competition to help raise the bar to where it should be.

I bet if Beaver Buzz were willing to sponsor a "Champions" league (proposed by Regs a few years back), it could make for equally great competition, advertising, and In Sync exclusive rights broadcast opportunity. Maybe even Soccercity could be involved in sponsorship.

If we only knew people that had influence in those organizations...

~hinthint.

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still think PAU are too old. ;)

I added up the ages of the starters and divided by 11....avg. age of 28. I know there are younger teams out there but I would suspect us to be around the avg.

Note - that does not include the 22 year old who subbed in at half and the 16 year old kid who played the last 30 mins and looked good on the ball and got stuck into 4 tackles.

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry bout the hit in the ribs KNVB. The boys told me at halftime about ur ribs, I thought you were just wearing some new underarmor stuff under ur jersey. Had to give you a quick shot or two to check it out......1 pint after doesn't seem to make up for it. I am sure there will be a chance for a few shots of Jagger in the coming months or years... we always seem to run into each other. I have a great bruise on my arm from your elbow as well.. .good battle... hats off to you.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I added up the ages of the starters and divided by 11....

Professor Knees,

I can't believe you so willingly divulged that mathmatical formula!! It must have taken you years of work to come up with that proof.....only to lay it in the hands of the common folk. Hope you got a patent. ;)

On topic: Congrats to the PAU boys once again on a great season. You have made the Alumni proud. Good luck to the semi-finalists. Looking forward to taking them in at CAP this weekend.

~S

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that more are teams are eliminated and left wondering what happened, take heart, the Sapp boys will be selling the Provincial trophy at their garage sale this weekend. The Inter lads are pooling their dimes and quarters to buy what they couldn't win, even though they arguably were the best team this year. The way the BCSA treated the trophy the last few years, they won't even notice that it wasn't returned. The BCSA might be surprised to learn they had an 80 year old trophy.
The Sapp boys will also be serving food, ham for the VMSL refs and baloney for .......

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are the games this weekend on turf or grass? I know that there are three grass and two turf fields at CAP. Any ideas?

Any predictions for the weekend? It is definatley quiet on here!

TV

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just for you, TheVike, I went and found out...

I have on good authority (cough-Tom Duncan-cough) that BOTH open provincial cup games will be on the two TURF fields (3:00pm) at CAP as per the genius advanced booking of the Fraser Valley. Please note that, that this decision has nothing to do with SU. FYI- The two lower grass pitches have just been punched full of holes like a Surrey hooker on Friday (Tom) and are closed for the summer. The upper main grass pitch will be hosting a PCSL game at 2:00pm.

Rumour has it, not really relevant to this thread mind you, but I hear from no particular person (cough-Tom) that the Surrey U Masters game may/will be on the main grass field at 10:00am(?), somehow. (cough-Tom)

They also need to slam in a U-21 game and some Christen League game, God help us, literally. So, for those of you keeping score at home, there will be 6 adult soccer games on Saturday all over lapping each other, so I seriously suggest if you fancy parking with-in a half and hour of the pitch you arrive early. Did I mention that there will also be about 8 baseball games going on through-out the same time frame?

Good luck to all...

... finding parking.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB just curious is it pay parking out there on weekends?

Code:
, so I seriously suggest if you fancy parking with-in a half and hour of the pitch you arrive early.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To bad the Rodeo wasn't this weekend, instead of next, that would be great.

I heard there is a shuttle bus from Newton every hour on the hour, that will help out.

hos

Lets Go Rangers

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks KNVB, you're the man. Keeping us Island boys updated. Nice that it is on turf. There are still no predictions on the games this weekend. Sorry boys I don't make predictions on games that my team is involved in.

And.......... I have no clue who will take the Columbus Croatia game. Sounds like Croatia is playing well and the Clan Bus are missing two key players.

Good luck this weekend....

Apprentice, See you at the pitch. Buona Fortuna!!!

TV

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The following is 'from the source' and not KNVB's ASS (*cough* Tom Duncan *cough*):

memo to BCSA from FVSL said:
There is one change to the game times this weekend.

2.30pm OPEN A Croatia SC vs. Columbus Clan CAP TURF #1

Confirmation of the other games-

3pm OPEN A Firefighters vs. Gorge is still 3pm and on CAP TURF #3

10am MASTERS Columbus vs. Surrey Utd is on GRASS

10am U21 Burnaby vs. Westside CAP TURF #1

12.30pm MASTERS Aldergrove vs. Surrey Rangers CAP TURF #1

12.30pm U21 Poco City vs. Port Moody CAP TURF #3

Due to some baseball bookings there will be limited changing room space for the 10am and 12.30pm games. There may only be 2 rooms available for the 4 teams preparing.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB just curious is it pay parking out there on weekends?

Code:
, so I seriously suggest if you fancy parking with-in a half and hour of the pitch you arrive early.
Yes. If you like though, I know a guy who can sort you out. Send me your credit card info and I'll take care of everything...

Looks like my ASS was spot on. Anyone who knows my ASS, knows he is the biggest ASS around.

Predictions:

Columbus Clan 2-0
Gorge 2-0
Surrey Utd 1-0
Westside 17-0
Surrey Rangers 3-1
Port Moody - 2-1PK's

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is one change to the game times this weekend.

2.30pm OPEN A Croatia SC vs. Columbus Clan CAP TURF #1

Is this true?? It's the first i heard of this....

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You coming to the game tommrow KNVB?? If so come say Hi... I want to introduce you to a couple of hundred people... :D

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You coming to the game tommrow KNVB?? If so come say Hi... I want to introduce you to a couple of hundred people... :D

I think he met them and some in Richmond last year. He still may be recovering from some of the heat he took.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0