Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 BC Mens Open Provincial Cup, Results and Banter

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great precedent.

Teams are now allowed to bend the rules and if they are not caught at the start of the game it is no longer a violation.

Inter should have dressed their red carded starters and hoped no one notcied.:rolleyes:

I don't know how this happened in the first place. My understanding of the process the VMSL teams followed is that they brought their rosters to the VMSL office, Mr. Azzi checked the roster against the BCSA printout and declares whether you are good to go.

The actual game form in provincial cup play only has room for 18 players, so how do you get 19?

Re: Inter, as I said at the time, full credit to Firefighters. Full stop.

GorgePrez

Apr 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is not a Ref duty to check to see if players are legit or to ensure 19 are dressed. BCSA just made a completely mockery of the rules....Who in the hell are these people????????????

who?11

Apr 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
the ref did check and told cowichan to change it but they didnt, they had players in the slots for managers!!!!!! But we lost the protest because we didnt stop the game even though you dont get the paperwork back till after the game is over, i think bcsa should have really thought this one out a little more,

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prediction:

-Simon Fern to officiate the Surrey vs. Gorge game on the Island
-Surrey gets hosed.

Sandman
President Simon Fern Fan Club

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
the ref did check and told cowichan to change it but they didnt, they had players in the slots for managers!!!!!! But we lost the protest because we didnt stop the game even though you dont get the paperwork back till after the game is over, i think bcsa should have really thought this one out a little more,

I appreciate rules are rules but at the end of the day, if the "19th" player on a roster sheet is a reason for you to go thru to the next round and not them, then I feel sorry for you. It would be different if they played an illegal player that could influence the outcome of the game but I highly doubt the 19th player on a team sheet had any effect on the result. Time to be a gracious loser and accept that their team beat yours, regardless of what the rules say.....new topic please.

who?11

Apr 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
the nineteenth player was there goalie who played the entire game!

we definately lost and are not disputing that!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wouldn't that make him one of the first 11 players?

Maybe the list was alphabetical and Zarley Zalapski was between the pipes.

cowboy

Apr 29, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah well Sooke did dress and play their two red card suspended players, so why not.
We had 19 on the list, no one said a word, not the officials not sooke, sooke just waited till the game was over and then protested...again.
Our coach has a team pic of us with 18 players, and the nineteenth was injured and not dressed. I guess we did dodge a bullet, first appearance in cup play, won't make that mistake again.

All in all, 18 dressed, and we beat Sooke, looking for to meeting the Clan.

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GORGE 2 - SURREY 1 OVERTIME

Surrey scores 37 seconds in. They hadn't even finished announcing our names. Gorge dominates rest of 1st half. Gorge scores in the 2nd half early on. 2nd half is fairly even. Gorge scores in 1st OT. Exciting game, but I believe that Gorge was the better team on this day.

ROAD TRIP!:knvb:

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Observation from Gorge/Surrey game....not the best official chosen to do the game......but ok, a shocking mistake allows a tap-in first minute for Surrey, Gorge scores 10 minutes into 2nd half on a nice header off a corner. A very even game that could have gone either way with a bounce or 2, the OT winner scored on a partial break down the right, nicely slotted home thru the goalers legs. Surrey should have used their speed as from what i was able to determine gorge has a more experienced team, but not necessarily a quick team, esp the back-line. Not knowing either team, i was impressed with a very quick left-footed striker on Surrey, and 1 of the backline defenders on Surrey [hair on face] played exceptional....no one on the Gorge team stood out....but they were all pretty solid

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
At Adanac

Vancouver Firefighters 1 Sporting 0.... ....on PK's

So next week: Vancouver Firefighters vs Gorge

ps... Did they play last year semifinal?

Good luck to both

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it should be a ref duty to check the number of players on the slip.

No it shouldn't. The ref is also not supposed to do anything even if a team uses 6 subs. We just send in all the paper work and the league deals with those sort of issues. That is why it is important for each team to check things before hand..........

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just in and still trying to digest the BC Ferry Buffet.... ooof.

It pretty much went as everyone said above. I don't think this was anywhere close to our best game and I think the goal we scored so early caught us as much by surprise as them. We never really got into any type of rhythm early because of it and I think we kept going to the well too often and allowed a good Gorge side to run us around a bit in the first. Rizel and Angus up front were tre-men-dous all day. They caused Gorge fits at the back.

I thought it was pretty even affair after Gorge scored 5 or 10 minutes into the second half until the last 10 minutes of overtime, when it was a case of them putting 11 behind the ball and us scrambling like mad to even it...

As it turns out we came up short. There was no fault from either side as far as effort goes, I just think they made 1 less defensive mistake than us. The Gorge guys are great bunch and I wish them well. I think they match up well with Firemen and have a legitimate shot at the finals.

Nice to meet you, TheVike.

PS. The Ref wasn't the best but he went out of his way to not decide the game for either side and you have to appreciate that.

I hate this game...

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
About the Cow-Sooke thing. Wouldn't it be nice if there was some consistency. In 2002, Burnaby women get hosed because of a clerical error, because CSA guys says the gamesheet is the only thing that matters. (No matter the fact that other team didn't protest, it was the fourth official - AFTER the game.)

The next year, Surrey women play NS. NS puts a 19th player on the game sheet. There's NO spot for a 19th player. Surrey protests game, CSA says it's OK.

Now this. I know there's a difference between the CSA and the BCSA, but don't the Prov Cup rules clearly state that you can dress 18 players??? Should not the fact there's no spot for a 19th player be some indication? And aren't you allowed to protest on grounds that the Competition rules have been violated? And aren't you allowed 48 hours to file said protest?

BC Soccer needs to give its head a shake. Again. Cowichan may have been the best team on the day, but 19 players? C'mon, that's just stupid. Who the hell puts an injured player on the roster?

Congrats to the teams that won today. Good luck to everyone tomorrow. Tough luck for Surrey. Must have been a helluva match. Hope the ladies can get revenge tomorrow.

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting vs Firemen...

Sporting played well, and were the better team on the day. Our backline was solid and were persistent with shutting down any clear cut chances. A lot of respect for the Gomes brothers, both played well and can't say I enjoy playing against the two of them all that much. Kid in the middle of the park - CJ (I think) great athlete, did a number in the middle today and was a huge factor in disrupting any rhythm we had..........or attempted to start.

JB - up front for Sporting, was a shock?? but I think Sporting has one of the best 11 in the league, little thin with subs, but all in all, they battle and defend very well. Did expect more from their number 10, as heard he is supposed to be quite the player, but would say most of the danger came from their wings, with about 100 crosses put in that Marko or our backline did well to save.

Overtime was a formality, and then some solid PK's from firemen and Marko with two huge saves and some sort of post with the corner flag for the win?!#?

Onto Gorge, no idea where though....and Croatia appears or verbally appears confident to be into the semi's was the shout at Adanac today - hopefully Peace Arch gives them a better game tomorrow than pre provincial showings that were rumoured to be running around.....

As predicted earlier, Richards at the Roxy on Friday night, playing Coed all day on Saturday, Carm mentioned to me that in order to get Columbus to the final he needs to sort out the leadership and left back situation....

Monkeeman

May 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge FC vs Surrey United.
excellent game, Surreys United #7-10 and 17 very good players with very good skill and anticipation. Surrey played a very fast game.
Gorge FC player Veenhof stood out in this game, he was last man back and stopped pretty well everything anyone else forgot or was unable to clean up.
Gorge FC Goalie a bit shaky in this game, needs to step it up a notch.
Gorge FC Young lad, Finner, who was subbed in in the latter stage of the game, plays too loose, need to tighten things up a bit, has the making of a top player.

Good luck to Gorge FC in next round and thanks Surrey for an excellent match.

Monkeeman

And the walls came down.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0