Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 BC Mens Open Provincial Cup, Results and Banter

cowboy

Apr 29, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well if the rule actually states you can only dress 18...we did only dress 18, their was 19 on the list, but luckily our team picture shows 18 players dressed, so technically no violation.
And the reason that this protest did not go through, was because Sooke did not warn us, they simply noted it and used the protest to their advantage, protestable offenses should not be used as leverage. Lesson learned, now we need to go play the Clan, so buhbye

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good analysis of the Gorge/Surrey game thus far. I know everyone involved was SHATTERED at the end. Penalties would have been won by the last team standing. Nice to see Steve and Dave back out with Surrey... two class acts for sure.
Onto Firefighters.....little rematch from last year's semifinal.
So where and when are the semis? Times?? Field??

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So an update from Adanac with about 15 to go, I will not tell you the score, but this is one spirited game with flares being fired onto the field, and about 8 yellows. The Croatian oldtimer supporters are getting into it with the old time Scottish PAU gaffers. A lot of blood as well.

Staff are also reporting early rumours of semi-finals being played at CAP, but this is not confirmed.

Still trying to establish the satellite link to get the Columbus-Clan/Cowichan result. Staff are having a few difficulties, due to having to pass over U.S. airspace, in getting timely reports from the Island. If any correspondents get this urgent appeal, please report in as the Adanac crowd are waiting, and that report could potentially prevent a full on riot between the guys with one eyebrow and the guys with red ear hair.

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
At Adanac:

Croatia 2 PAU 0

lots a of yellows, and one red (an ugly foul by a PAU player)

So Croatia wait for the winner of Columbus Clan and Cowichan

The rumour is that the semis will be played at Newton or Cleverdale

ps. from the distance as I was leaving saw GUINNESS talking to his friend Rene. Maybe Guinnes would like to become a ref...

Monkeeman

May 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cowichan vs Columbus Clan.

Disappointing game.
Unfortunately these two teams played Juvenile soccer and not very exciting game. Columbus Clan scored two minutes before the half time on a bright moment.
Second half Columbus lost two players on red cards (Questionable tackle on first and stupidity on the second). Cowichan not being able to play senior soccer in this game did not capitalize and lost one player on two yellows in the game.

Don't know much about Columbus regular season play, but do hope for them they step it up a few notches or you'll loose the next round.

Cowichan needs to go back to the drawing board, become more consistant during the season and step it up a notch and play better as a team.

Monkeeman

And the walls came down.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 2 PAU 0

It should have been 5 or 6 bagel. Peace Arch had one big chance and Drew came up big in the final minutes. New Ref we have never seen before and did a decent job.

Onto Columbus....

We heard the semi's will be back to back in surrey.

cowboy

Apr 29, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monkeeman that was the lamest post I have ever seen, our first ever provincial run, I think we fared out quite well against the Imperial Cup champs, the game could have went either way.

Columbus was a good group of guys and we are happy with our performance. We will definately be making a strong cup run next season.

Keep in mind we received 6 yellows, 1 red, and Columbus had 2 reds...a little card happy for the way the game was being played. We would have preferred a good physical game and for some tackles to be played on.

Goodluck to Columbus and Gorge

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
posting live from the changing room at adanac. Looks like its gonna be a late night at the roxy. We played good soccer today and as bjb mentioned were unlucky not to have scored more. Drew made a huge stop to preserve the shutout late. All the guys on peace arch were good guys and the game was hard fought Its nice to see a couple hundred croat fans come support even in this weather. Best fans in the league by far. Were looking forward to a match vs columbus next week and hopefully we continue our good play

Jake the snake

Mar 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crotia 2 - 0 PA... Drew definately pulled a big save when it mattered, but 5 or 6 bagel is streching it. On a day when it was wet and not the prettiest of soccer by either team, there is no way it should have been 5/6 - 0. PA pressed numerous times throughout the first and second half and had some solid opportunities on corners and crosses...to bad the team couldn't finish them. croatia was just able to capitalize on two of their chances. pretty rough at times, but a great game to be a part of. some solid work by the ref's to keep the game moving! best of luck down the road!

Monkeeman

May 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Cowboy, but Cowichan has the ability to keep the better teams in the VISL at bay and give them one hell of a game, however only half of the season. I know you guys can play exceptional soccer, I was there when you did play for keeps.
I'm sorry if you don't like it, but today was nothing like you can play.

Monkeeman.

And the walls came down.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crotia 2 - 0 PA... Drew definately pulled a big save when it mattered, but 5 or 6 bagel is streching it. On a day when it was wet and not the prettiest of soccer by either team, there is no way it should have been 5/6 - 0. PA pressed numerous times throughout the first and second half and had some solid opportunities on corners and crosses...to bad the team couldn't finish them. croatia was just able to capitalize on two of their chances. pretty rough at times, but a great game to be a part of. some solid work by the ref's to keep the game moving! best of luck down the road!

Come on I counted 6 point blank chances in the first half that should have been clear goals for croatia. PAU got maybe 1 or 2 good chances in the whole game. Pau battled hard and competed well but just maybe ran into a team on a different level. I was an unbias fan knowing players on both teams and the score should really have been 4 or 5 -1 after the first half. Playing the game you never feel that way and I understand that but realistically 2-0 was a bit flattering. Johnny sulentic should have had 4 today.

Jake the snake

Mar 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shoulda coulda woulda...i think pau had something like 6-10 corners in the second half which must have come with pressure. pau "should have" finished one or two in the second and had a couple chances in the first. A two goal game isn't exactly taking it to a team. Croatia was on the winning side of the park and yes from the pitch things always look kinda biased.

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to all teams through this weekend. Battle in Victoria on Saturday. The boys at the back for Surrey were giants. Three massive boys who could play, very difficult to get through. Unfortunate mistake to start the game off by a Gorge defender who headed the ball back to the keeper and was picked off and they didn't make any mistakes. 1 - 0 5 minutes in. Gorge then put the pressure on and got one early in the 2nd half and the winner in OT. What a battle. Hats off to Surrey, what a great game. It is always nice to ba able to play a hard battle and have beers with the team in a civil manner afterwards.

KNVB nice to meet you as well. Good match today.

Apprentice, sounds like the Roxy would be a good time. You boys are probably still out givener. Cangrats and good luck next weekend. I guess I will see you at the pitch.

Any ideas what times the games will be?

TV

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that the Gorge Game time?

It is still not up on the TSI website.

Thanks for the info if that is the right stuff.

TV

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like both are at 3PM on Saturday (I would imagine side-by-side on the lower grass fields?

All games on Saturday - Masters:

10AM BRM vs Columbus
12:30PM Aldergrove vs FireRangers

U21 games at the same times.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Croatia 2 PAU 0

I guess this really is TTP... After reading some posts I'm left scratching my head...
Did Croatia deserve to win? Yes they finished 2 of their chances, (one was miles offside)!
Did they TTP and cruiz to victory, hell no!
PAU is totally gutted about the result and lack of finishing... Croatia battled well and were also denied on a few early chances by our keeper... Their second goal right before half time killed us... The second half was a much different game as Croatia tried to sit back and absorb our pressure and take advantage on the counter attack... Smiles did well on many occasions and made a huge save 10 minutes from time...
The battle on the sidelines was as intense as on the pitch... I forgot what it was like to have a couple hundred moany old twats on the sidelines at Adnac!!! :rolleyes: The end result was just and we will look to build on what we started this year...
Good luck Apprentice, Smiles and the rest of Croatia...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0