Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 RRSL

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 5
Blaze 4

9 men....yes i said 9 men...westside battled to a hard fought 3 points.

bagels at half. up 2 buzz early in the 2nd half, only to have blaze score 3 straight. answered back with 2 more before giving up another. 9 goals in the second half. worth a laugh for captain who didn't have much to do in the middle.

heinekens were tasty, despite the cold. always tastier after a "w" and especially when they're free...thanks captain. :D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
He doesn't really point. more of a general wave of the hand as he is still near the centre circle.

:D

Hi CS. You are the bestestest referee ever.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Certainly an entertaining second half........:D It was fcuking freezing though....jacket stayed on the whole match and I was planning on having a few after but I went home to thaw out.........:(

Some great finishes by both teams though.

Sidewinder, 4 beers? One Dart had 6 so was he drinking the Rangers' beer? :D

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart had 1 from our cooler then slunk over to the loosers cooler and the tandoori shite that Army was cooking.

At least Walks hands his reffing $ back to buy his 6 beers.

2 good refs. so far Mr Coordinator but make sure we don,t get the "gentleman" that did The Idiots game on tuesday. We have had enough problems with him the last few seasons

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart had 1 from our cooler then slunk over to the loosers cooler and the tandoori shite that Army was cooking.

At least Walks hands his reffing $ back to buy his 6 beers.

2 good refs. so far Mr Coordinator but make sure we don,t get the "gentleman" that did The Idiots game on tuesday. We have had enough problems with him the last few seasons

Sorted, Sidewinder. :) But then again, Sidewinder, you could start an argument in an empty house. :D

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Remember Sidewinder, you "bought" me the first one. Had your team not been so wimpy and hung around for a while I would have handed you back some of your money.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't call me a wimp. It was our Mr.Burnro who asked me to bring a well stocked cooler then post game says he and his buddies will drive over to where I was parked alongside Army,but instead just fcuks off home.What a guy!

O/D you are always welcome to a beer unlike a ref from the past,named Mick, who would drink from our cooler until it was empty and not even say thanks.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So it was Burnro then..........

I did what????!!!!! It was Sidewinder who said he'd only bring about 24 because he was complaining about how late the game was!!! Anyways, I made the wise decision to head home to thaw out and have a couple of lovely heated Bailey's. When "summer" temperatures arrive, I'll be the last one to leave on Thursday nights, as my previous few years of post-game performances have clearly shown! Am sorry I missed out on some tandoori chicken though...had I known Army had the grill going I may have stayed around!

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All Blacks 3-0 Club I Hibs

Another good run out for our new U21 boys last night against an experienced All Blacks squad. AB's scored midway through the 1st on a GK blunder by Club_I_Champ JR...never did understand a GK who gets a pass back and then stands with the ball between his legs instead of a step in front??? Anyways, the goal was against the run of play, as our U21's had held much of the possession and been unlucky not to already be up 1 or 2-0. After the goal, the bhoys switched to a 4-5-1 formation, which ended up working against them, due to the blend of older players that couldn't adapt to the formation. All Blacks slowly began to take over the game and continued their increased possession and chances into the 2nd half...this eventually paid off as their gangly #33 managed to shoot the ball, rolling it down his shin and then it flicking off his toe, off some classic Burnett bounces and into the far corner...2-0 AB's and game pretty much over. Our young guys did attempt to keep playing and showed some great flashes of possession in breaking down an older AB's team that was getting tired. AB player #33 then decided to follow up his gay goal celebration by kicking one of our kids, who had dispossessed him, after the whistle...straight red from Captain Shamrock and rightly deserved...#33 is fcuking moron BTW, especially with his fantastic, "this isn't the LPGA" comment as he stormed off the pitch! Late in the game, All Blacks sneak in their 3rd to seal the deal. Credit to AB's for a dogged performance...some familiar faces on their squad and good to see guys like Tweedley, Procter, McNamara, and Turner still playing so well.

Two tough games for our U21's to begin their men's league transition in two weeks, first Delta United, then All Blacks, but the bhoy's showed very well again last night. It's so satisfying to see young players trying to keep possession and actually play the ball around the park instead of humping it up the field every possession. Granted some of our regular 2 CAT players were guilty of this last night, but to see the young guys giving the older guys shite for humping the ball and giving away possession was sweet music to the ears. I believe our group of kids have a bright future together this coming winter in the VMSL U21 division, as they can only get stronger together over the summer campaign.

Side note - 2 weeks of summer soccer and 2 weeks of freezing our butts off with winter managers jackets, toques, and gloves on the sidelines...where the hell is our warm spring evening weather??????:confused::confused:

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game report Burnro. Allblacks deserved the win but 3-1 or 3-2 might have been a fairer score.
I will be calling the city today to ask them to fill in the pot holes before someone breaks an ankle. What a discrace and even more so when we have to pay for the "field".
Best beer sales of the season--10! Boy did the few people around our cooler and the many guys aroun d the a.B. cooler scatter when that rain/hail started to come down!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 4 Rangers 2

Our young squad couldn't win a header the whole game which made things pretty difficult. We had a small army of players out for the game. It makes the cooler sitauation much better when 5 guys stop playing at half to hang out by the bbq and drink. Walks reff'ed a good game but i missed him not wearing the dodgy yellow shirt.
RIbs were fan-fcuking-tastic, although the young guys rolled over after the game and did an eat and run. They will be cut off from food unless purchasing booze off our new beer guy. Hail/rain cam and it pretty well cleared out other than the diehards who moved to the bathroom to continue the onslaught on the DU cooler. Unfortunately my weekend antics have caught up with me and the 1 beer i drank last night took an hour and half to finish and was not enjoyable at all. We will have premixed drinks in our cooler for next week. :D

Off to Winskill for Thursdays game. Bound to be coolish yet again but the BBQ more than makes up for it. Some sort of chicken will be out as Thursday is Poultry night.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro:

There was a Tweedlie sighting? Amazing; usually we can't keep him out of a plane cockpit long enough to play consistently on Wednesday nights...:rolleyes:

Trece

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Side note - 2 weeks of summer soccer and 2 weeks of freezing our butts off with winter managers jackets, toques, and gloves on the sidelines...where the hell is our warm spring evening weather??????"

Bunro I think Al Gore can answer that one LOL and I'm tired as well with acting like Happy Feet in the springtime

Westside Rangers 2 RUFC 3

our dogged determination got us the win and Westside could argue the penalty kick
to tie should not have been called but inside their eighteen our guy is receiving the ball.

back to their goal ,ready to turn and hit.. and their guy comes in hard (quasi from behind) ... you could hear the leather on leather on the sideline as the Westside player misses the ball and connect's with our guys boot and then finishes him off knocking him down ... nothing i would call Real cheap just Hard and Unfortunately rather reckless

Two styles being played here

Westside the older , guys been together along time , move the ball around well , moved for each other and had to contend with our pace

RUFC majority of youth with a nice mix of the older lads , we did move the ball well but due to being unfamiliar to each other our game was in reaction to their play and our pace
-mind you not kick and run ...move up with the ball quick and move for each other

Westside pressed hard and We responded inturn and pulled out the winning goal

good game by both teams i'd have to say

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bunro,

You're pretty much bang on with your post game synopsis. The Bhoys probably deserved a goal but you seemed to lack a bit of punch up front. Your #17 (the kid with the big teeth) is a very decent player.

I apologize for the behaviour of our #33. He's allowed only one day pass per week and it happens to fall on a Tuesday. He means well and his intention isn't to harm anybody. No arguments here, he deserved the straight red.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0