Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 RRSL

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC Rangers 7
AFC 1

suprising given that afc has some guys that can play, but defensively a shambles. good showing by some of our younger contingent. i'm sure the competition level will pick up over the next few weeks starting with a westide derby next week. (2-2 next door to us between rino's and the hoops).

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, indeed, the score was 2-2 Hoops v. Rino. Our forwards defied the laws of geometry and mathematics by failing to score from at least half a dozen point blank oportunities.
Of course the shocking state of Burnett # 2 offered them some excuse. A good young Rino team but we should have prevailed.

On a brighter note ,despite the near Arctic temperature we did manage to empty the cooler[albeit the red one and not big white]

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice for the young guys to get a 5-0 win last night in the horrible conditions at Holly. It will be much more difficult next week against the Idiots.

Too bad Army wasn't there as we were hoping for a hot sausage af ter the game.Rumour has it he caught something nasty from a hot dog girl playing golf earlier???

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 3 AllBlacks 0

A good effort by the Knights last night in the rain , a soaked burnett #2 has probably been as good as it will be all year with the rain helping out the usual chite bounces that go the wrong way. Their keeper made some good saves as did Merks (the stalwart veteran) as play went both ways back and forth. Thought we took it at em early and were rewarded for our efforts could of had a few more it weren't for the usual unsightly finishing. Should be noted some of their veteran's weren't present ( Tuna and a few others ) but they put forth a good effort with some younger lads out their. All in all it was a good game as Jimmy was the host of the evening with his usual fine perfomance. Good luck to all the rest of the way as that was a win that needed to be had if any chance of first were to remain in our camp.

cheers , the rattler

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice for the young guys to get a 5-0 win last night in the horrible conditions at Holly. It will be much more difficult next week against the Idiots.

Too bad Army wasn't there as we were hoping for a hot sausage af ter the game.Rumour has it he caught something nasty from a hot dog girl playing golf earlier???

There is some truth to that rumour. i spent sunday, monday and yesterday in bed with some sort of death stomach flu. i should stayed there today but work being what it is i muscled down 4 pills, grabbed 3 rolls of pillow soft and sped to work before the inevitable urge hit. The Dr actually tried to send me to hospital on monday but i was not going anywhere that place unless neccessary. He instead had his nurse pump an IV into me tuesday morning along with a double shot of gravol and i am now slowly on the road to recovery. Unfortunately this has taken so much out of me i have dropped out of Penticton this weekend. If i were to go i would be instantly sick again as i have not had any food since the hot dog girl saturday at the Falls. With all the crap i have coming up between work, stags, wedding etc i cannot afford to be sick so have made the decision to let loose the Ranger Children by themslves into Penticton.

SW, i believe we meet again, so we will fire up the YellowHummerQue then.
No chace it will be sausage either. We are trying to do something only once all summer.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Army;

Maybe put a haggis on the hummer.

Too bad about Penticton--Don't let your lads lead our Mikey astray.

Get better soon.

S/w

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad about Penticton--Don't let your lads lead our Mikey astray.
Ummm, how do i say this nicely.

His fiancee is going so no chance they can lead him astray. Originally, i was planning on kidnapping him saturday night as part of his stag in a few weeks as not everyone is going on it and going to Vernon for the night. I am sure they will attempt to but with Ashlee there it is going to make it quite difficult.

sixfyv,

I think you should know that this is not something i can say i have ever done before. Miss a weekend away due to sickness. I have yet to eat solid foods and some of the color of liquid my body is producing is undescribable.

My weekend plans down here should be pretty good anyway. If i drink i am afraid of getting sick again so a weekend off the bottle and not too late of nights is in store for me. :eek:

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better write something.A 3 to zip win over a 10 man pirates team but pretty ordinary football.

Oh and Walks,a pretty good cooler night despite being horribly let down by our 86er boys who,despite promises, did not bring the barbie.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers FC 'A' have pulled out the first division.........this is VERY disappointing to say the least. I assume the 'B' team will be dropping out too, since they lost 9 - 0 the other day? :mad:

Sorry, Blazearmy, but surely you guys have enough players????????:confused:

So only 3 games every Thursday night.......maybe we can get another team in there.....

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's so.

Long story. Actually really long story. I'll tell you next time i see you.

Numbers were part of the issue.

On the plus side, i am attending our womens teams games more with BBQ in tow.

:rolleyes: Not really a plus.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Army are you serious? What's the deal?....I thought you guys just got promoted to Div.1 VMSL...how can u not field a summer league team>?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well BR1, its quite easy.

when you only have 24 or 25 guys able to play in simmer due to commitments for work, school, having kids, travel etc its tough to make a go of it with two teams.
We have 6 guys who play for our A squad playing on other summer teams toget a different feel for things. Winter and Summer are pretty different in regards to commitment etc. I think most of our guys are playing summer for the social aspect of it and not much else. They are just as happy to play 25 minutes and thensit and drink aand watch the young guys and the inept guys make fools of themselves.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Idiots 1 - Old Blacks 1. A whole lot of back and forth, unfortunately no finish. The Captain did well as per usual keeping things relatively civilized.

Blaze, you should ask the Idiots for a couple of bodies. They had enough out to field x 2 teams.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reffed the whiniest group in the league tonight........some guys really have NO clue about rules especially when it comes to...........every fcuking rule in the book. Disappointing because it was probably the first game I haven't enjoyed reffing this summer. Problem arises when people on the side are shouting for things when they have no business doing so.......because of their position on the field. It's always easy to start blaming a ref when you blow a big lead in a game too............something to think about.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, who was blaming you?

I thought you did a decent job, aside from calling a foul in our favor back at the half-line when our forward was on a breakaway. Although with our lack of finish in the 2nd half it probably would have been another miss anyway ;)

I'll make sure to muzzle the sideline next time so you can have a more enjoyable game.

Oh and it isn't really blowing a lead when you still win! More like clinging on to it...

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain;
By the process of elimination[you were not reffing either game at Burnett and the only other game was at South arm] it must have been the blaze v. westside knights.
As the Blaze didn't whine when we destroyed them last week it must have been the Knights.

Those are not the Knights of previous years as they now play in div. 2 on tuesdays,so it was the new knights?

Is my assumption correct?

S/W

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0