Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Senior Girls Soccer

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, we started our exhibition schedule today with a solid pumping.....losing 3 - 0 to McMath. :) This is the most exciting year for our school in terms of being defending champions and this year's host. Unfortunately, as of right now, we are miles away from the team which won the tournament last year. We have 2 months to try and make this team competitive come May 28th. 14 new players on the team.....a grade 8, 6 grade 9s, 6 grade 10s, 1 grade 11.....8 grade 12s(5 starters).....

We play McMath on Thursday in Richmond, Fleetwood on Monday, and Enver Creek next Thursday. 2 practices to see if we can teach the new girls how to defend. :D It didn't look like they had ever been taught that aspect of the game today for the majority of the game. :D

We can only get better......I think. :)

Go Devils

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, we started our exhibition schedule today with a solid pumping.....losing 3 - 0 to McMath. :) This is the most exciting year for our school in terms of being defending champions and this year's host. Unfortunately, as of right now, we are miles away from the team which won the tournament last year. We have 2 months to try and make this team competitive come May 28th. 14 new players on the team.....a grade 8, 6 grade 9s, 6 grade 10s, 1 grade 11.....8 grade 12s(5 starters).....

We play McMath on Thursday in Richmond, Fleetwood on Monday, and Enver Creek next Thursday. 2 practices to see if we can teach the new girls how to defend. :D It didn't look like they had ever been taught that aspect of the game today for the majority of the game. :D

We can only get better......I think. :)

Go Devils

You aren't fooling me. All those smilie faces? Nothing smilie behind the scenes. You looked at your new team, realized real quick how much you missed your old team, started cussing the previous coaches of the new crop of players for failing to teach them the basics and good habits, shared a few words with your assistants that may have contained a few obscenities, and accepted your new challenge.

The smilie faces are masking the turmoil within. Hmmmm, defensive principles. Defensive shape and balance. Always a pleasure to teach in a short span of time. Hope it's pissing rain and just above zero while you are doing it too. No problem, just put on a smilie face. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hehehehe

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You aren't fooling me. All those smilie faces? Nothing smilie behind the scenes. You looked at your new team, realized real quick how much you missed your old team, started cussing the previous coaches of the new crop of players for failing to teach them the basics and good habits, shared a few words with your assistants that may have contained a few obscenities, and accepted your new challenge.

The smilie faces are masking the turmoil within. Hmmmm, defensive principles. Defensive shape and balance. Always a pleasure to teach in a short span of time. Hope it's pissing rain and just above zero while you are doing it too. No problem, just put on a smilie face. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hehehehe

WTF? Were you still drunk from Saturday when you posted this? :D

Yes, it will be a very good challenge this year. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
McMath 0 South Delta 1

A more spirited effort today from the girls and of course we decided to not put all our juniors on the field at once to start the game. :D

I think McMath....with a bit of instruction will make Provincials this year......they have good players in the key positions. Little grade 9 scored the only goal from about 20 yards out. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update.......

South Delta 2 Enver Creek 0

We were better on the day but it was a friendly.....

We're just back from a whirlwind tour of Kamloops where we played 3 games in 24 hours. :)

South Delta 1 Valleyview 0

South Delta 1 Westsyde 0

South Delta 0 South Kamloops 0 (Coach ejected)

Girls battled hard while playing 3 games in just over 24 hours. It was nice not giving up any goals but as you can see, we aren't scoring many either. :D Yes, 5 starters either weren't there or were injured but it was great to get all the youngins a bit more experience. League play starts next Tuesday and we will have most players available except last year's Provincials MVP who has been injured with an ankle problem. :( We'll try and get her ready for Provincials.......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 0 North Delta 0

Hard to believe that we have another low scoring game...........we could be the first team to go through league play going undefeated, while scoring no goals and giving up none......:D

We definitely deserved to win today but we let too many very good opportunities get away from us. I am starting to see what system will work with us though.....which I suppose is a positive. :D

On to Seaquam on Thursday which will be another tough low-scoring battle.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had no idea there was any discussion about High School soccer on TTP. Glad to see there is some.

Coaching here at Elgin and hoping for a good season. Most of our Jr.'s that came 2nd in the Valley last year have moved up to our Sr. team along with me.

Came 2nd in a 16 team tournie in Chilliwack going 4 and 1 with 12 GF, 4 clean sheats and 2 GA.

Built on that with a 7-0 win over Delta. A game which should have surely been in the 10-15 - 0. We played well, but were helped in the fact that Delta had no subs and is rather weak. Looking forward to some good tests in the near future and seeing just what kind of group we have.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite the spread on South Delta in the Province today. El Capitaine with a number of quotes.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done, Titan4life.........I figure Elgin Park will be the top team in our league this year and Semiamhoo will not be far behind.......I do know who we have to stop though when we play you. :D ;)

Today.....

South Delta 2 Seaquam 0

We finally scored more than one goal in a game. :) Seaquam was better than North Delta, as they at least try to play football. I think in the next week or two, they will have a couple of wins. We scored one in each half and didn't give them a chance all game until added time where the cracker of a ref missed a blatant hand ball for a girl to shoot over the bar......

Who won the tournament in Chilliwack, Titan4life?

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tamanawis beat us in the final. They played a 5-4-1. We dominated, but couldnt finish our chances. They have a solid striker and one other good player in midfield, but other than that, not a lot of skill just hard workers. Never can go wrong with that, but not a very attractive brand of football. But full credit to them on the 2-1 win off a header on a free kick in the final minutes.. I was expecting to face Kelowna in the final but it didn't turn out that way.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think Kelowna are as strong this year. We played South Kamloops last week and they had beaten Kelowna in their first league game. We tied South Kamloops 0 - 0 while playing the kids equal time and were surprisingly the better team. Having said that, you never know on the day but that's exactly what it comes down to......who works harder than the other team......

We have to set that rescheduled game up pretty soon.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You had mentioned a date previously. I think the Wednesday 28th? We can do whatever you can get a field for. That week is make-up week. We also will be playing EMS on the Thursday 29th as we had planned on being out of town at a tournie this week but couldnt get numbers. So if the 28th works then lets do that, or any other date that week besdies the Thursday.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And as for who you need to stop when you play us...I don't even know who that will be! Of our three best players, one is out with Mono for most of the entire season, another is playing limited minutes due to injury and the third has too many club/whitecap commitments to make many games!

Your guess of who to stop might just be better than mine! Maybe that's why you are defending champs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
T4life.......Jenna is most likely your best player and if you have better than her.....then you'll be unstoppable. She is a fantastic player. I heard she was excepted in the Whitecaps Residency program next year? Is that true. She is a really good kid too.

We have one player who could stop her......but she might not be available until the Provincial tournament due to injury. :) She was the MVP of last year's tournament but was playing in a totally different role. I haven't seen anyone(including Oak Bay's great player from last year who went to Gonzaga this year on a scholarship) who has been able to get the better of her. She is a remarkable athlete.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You had mentioned a date previously. I think the Wednesday 28th? We can do whatever you can get a field for. That week is make-up week. We also will be playing EMS on the Thursday 29th as we had planned on being out of town at a tournie this week but couldnt get numbers. So if the 28th works then lets do that, or any other date that week besdies the Thursday.

It looks like the schedule has it down for the Tuesday, the 27th, which would probably be better. We have to do a make-up against Sullivan Heights that week too, so we will do that on the Thursday, so we get a day in between.

Does that work?

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right about Jenna. Good kid and our most dynamic player, although we have two others just as good. Unfortunately one is usually busy with Whitecaps and the other has mono. Haven't seen the mono girl play other than practice/tryouts, but I think she could be a great distributer in the middle and a real game changer if she can get healthy.

As for Tuesday the 27th, that sounds good.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right about Jenna. Good kid and our most dynamic player, although we have two others just as good. Unfortunately one is usually busy with Whitecaps and the other has mono. Haven't seen the mono girl play other than practice/tryouts, but I think she could be a great distributer in the middle and a real game changer if she can get healthy.

As for Tuesday the 27th, that sounds good.

She should be good to go by the Provincials. I do anticipate your team making it and it is a good year to make it. :D Lots of neat things going on this year at the tournament for the players and coaches.......:)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titan4life, how did the game go today?

South Delta 1 Semiahmoo 0

A nail biter.....well I wouldn't go that far but we outplayed them in the first half and scored our goal. They destroyed us for about 20 minutes in the second half and had a half breakaway and full breakaway both stopped by our keeper.........we then gained composure again and gave nothing after that.........4 - 5 - 1. :D

8 games in a row without giving up a goal....we're thrilled with that.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats on the win. We beat Sullivan on Tuesday 3 - 0. Should have been another thumping but for some reason the girls just didn't have the drive, desire, or bit of luck to finish our chances. Also in the 2nd have we started experimenting and making sure everyone got playing time.

Played a good North Delta team today at Delsom. They played hard in the first and it was 0 - 0 at the half. We came out hard in the 2nd and took it to them. Went up 3 - 0 in the first 15 minutes before conceding our first of the year. Then we turned it back up and potted two more. 5 - 1 Elgin final. Solid outing especially considering we were without Jenna, our other two best and the other usual sub for central midfield.

Looking forward to next week and keeping the roll going. Lets hope its all sort on the line when we meet in a couple weeks.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just back from the UVIC tournament.....

We finally conceded our 1st goal againt Oak Bay in the semi-final. We ended up losing 3 - 1 in a poor game. Oak Bay is nowhere near as strong as they were last year and I wouldn't mind having them in our group in the Provincials. :)

We won 1 - 0 (Sahali), 2 - 0(Belmont), and 2 - 0(St. Michael's) in group play. Handsworth was the class of the tournament. They probably destroyed Oak Bay in the final. They will be a very tough team for anyone to beat......Elgin Park and Centennial look like the teams to beat in the Valley this year.

We actually went 11 games without giving up a goal before the Oak Bay game...the goal was only 2 yards offside but the assistant on the far side didn't know he should be with the last defender. :rolleyes:

2nd goal off a free-kick.....great strike. The 3rd was off a corner right at the end......

We play Delta on Tuesday and Earl Marriott on Thursday before we play Elgin. I think if we manage to win both games this week, it will guarantee a place in the Valleys which is what we really want before Provincials.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0