Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Senior Girls Soccer

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 3 North Delta 0

North Delta showed up 25 minutes before kick-off and didn't touch a ball before the game....:confused: We noticed this and jumped all over them.......taking a 3 - 0 lead into half-time. We played everybody and even got the back-up keeper in. Could have been more.....they missed one open net with 10 minutes to go and that was it.

On to the semi-finals on Monday against Terry Fox which pulled the second upset of the tournament by beating Tamanawis 1 - 0. We get a home game which is great and Elgin Park plays Centennial in the other semi-final.

I guess Elgin's 11 players did the job. Well done, Titan4life. Did the girls get tired at all?

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elgin 2 Semi 0

We were decimated with illness and injury. Only had 12 players and not our best ones. Also had a poor warm up as the team didn't show til 3:10. Despite this we persevered and won. Took the side with the wind in our face as I figured we weren't going to be at the top of our game right away. Played on the defensive the first half our then got our stuff together. Scored near the end of the half. In the second half we dominated. Should have burried a lot more chances. Scored with 15 to go which pretty much iced it. Sat back, which was a mistake. Our keeper made a great stop with 10 to go and after that it was easy going.

Semi is a strong team. Best we've played all year. Right up there with South Delta. If they can get numbers tomorrow I could see them working their way through the backside to challenge for a top 6 spot.

Looking forward to Centennial. Should be a great match. Hopefully we will have close to a full roster (maybe 18) for Monday. If we get through this then the pressure is really on for Thursday as we will be short many players who are off to Portland to be "scouted". Bad timing but oh well. See what happens come next week.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious Captain...is your star healthy and playing again?

Not yet......but she will likely be ready for provinicals. She may make an appearance at some point next week to see if she is able to go.......but then again, I'm guessing she won't.

Well done on the win against Semi. Your comment about Semi getting through the 'back door' route is completely untrue........because they had to forfeit their game today because they allegedly could only field 6 players. This is absolutely brutal. There is not much else that can be said........

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fraser Heights 1 Centennial 2

Heard that it was a close game with Centennial scoring late to win.

Well turnabout is fair play as today Fraser Heights played Charles Best and scored late in the second half to win 2-1. Heard that Semi forfeited against Heritage Woods so Fraser Heights hosts Heritage Woods with a chance to get to Provincials. A provincial berth would be an outstanding accomplishment as Fraser Heights as not fielded a noteworthy senior girls team since we were AA level.

Gilly

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fraser Heights 1 Centennial 2

Heard that it was a close game with Centennial scoring late to win.

Well turnabout is fair play as today Fraser Heights played Charles Best and scored late in the second half to win 2-1. Heard that Semi forfeited against Heritage Woods so Fraser Heights hosts Heritage Woods with a chance to get to Provincials. A provincial berth would be an outstanding accomplishment as Fraser Heights as not fielded a noteworthy senior girls team since we were AA level.

Gilly

Gilly, Heritage will be a good test. They are pretty athletic...but you have Castillo(?) in the midfield and she is a monster...a very good player. Good luck, Gilly.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was pleasantly surprised with our team (I am not coaching, just an observer). You are right Jen is a very good player, I was hoping that we would not have a Sr. Girls team and she could play with the boys in the fall. The girls are 80 minutes from a provincial berth which would be an excellent achievement. Hoping for a good crowd to cheer on the girls.

Gilly

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are going to be some very good games on Monday. Looking forward to seeing what happens and who makes it out of the Valley to provincials. Good luck to all.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titan, who is going away on Thursday? I heard it isn't until next week.....so you should have your full team on Thursday assuming you beat Centennial which will be no easy task. I'm guessing there will be lots of goals in your game. :)

Our game, might be the opposite. :D

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently we're missing Jenna and Nikki. Plus our few co-op girls who are working til the end of the week.

As far as your prediction, you might be right. I'm never sure what to expect from our girls. From the get go I thought our strength was moving forward and we'd have problems at the back and in goal. Apparently we've been solid at the back and moving forward as our 26 GF and 2 GA with 7 shutouts would indicate. But who knows. Be it 1-0 or 5-4 as long as we play well and get a result thats all I'm concerned with.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear ya, Titan. Centennial lost their first string goalie to an achilles injury and their best defender is out for the remainder of the season. Their captain received 7 stitches to her head last week so she is a doubt for your game but they can score goals. They have two tanks up front with pace to burn and a very good center midfielder who is left-footed.....Your backs might struggle with their pace as we don't have any pace to exploit any teams. Good luck and I'm sure it will be an evenly matched game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 5 Terry Fox 0

I'm stunned by the margin of victory but we did play well and had some clinical finishing for a change. Everyone played and that is big at this time of year. All 22 players saw the field today........:)

Once Provincials rolls around that obviously can't happen as there is a restriction. We scored 28 seconds into the game and that set the tone......up by 3 - 0 at the half.....then our Provincial basketball player scored two quality goals in the last 15 minutes. Onto Centennial or Elgin Park now for the Fraser Valley banner.........it would be nice to win one this year, especially since our girls lost last year and our boys have lost the last two years in the Valley final. :eek:

Go Devils.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats on the win Captain.

Elgin Park 3 Centennial 1

Finally had most of our team out for a change. 16 relatively healthy bodies. Came out slow at first, but then settled in to dominate the rest of the 1st half. Several quality chances for us and a couple good counters by them, including a post. Up 2 - 0 at the half. Came out slow for the first 20 of the 2nd and they started taking it to us and got within 1. We finally stopped panicking and settled back down and took control with a 3rd goal about 10 minutes from the end.

Centennial is a quality team. One of the best tests we've played this year. Nice to win it and get on to the Valley Finals. I know our girls will be hungry in the final as the core of the team lost in the Jr. Valley Final last year. Hopefully we can get a banner for the school but it will take another big effort on Thursday if we want to stay undefeated in league/playoffs!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard you'll have all your players for Thursday so we are going to have to go to a 6 - 4 - 0 to contain you. :)

Congrats on the win, Titan4life......Centennial is always tough to play. I know our girls will be just as hungry as we lost the Valley final last year to Centennial and we haven't won the FV banner since 2005. If we play as hard as we have the last lot of games, we should be able to make a game of it.

Go Devils.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we will have most of our team for Thursday. The "stars" aren't away until next weekend. Without a forward and two defenders, but should have at least 16 or 17 healthly enough bodies.

It should be an excellent game. Two great teams with a title on the line. Can't wait!

Where will the game be played? Is it a neutral site or do we host?

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fraser Heights 3 Heritage Woods 2 (Penos)

Burnsie, you were spot on about Heritage Woods, very athletic with talent in the right positions on the park. Scoreless at half, Heritage Woods scored about midway through the 2nd half off a free kick that our goalie botched and they deposited the rebound. We did well to equalize with about 10 left as an unmarked forward did well the finish. On the overtime, and we score about 1 minute in as Jen finishes off a terrific run. Late in the 2nd overtime, Heritage Woods sweeper hits a cracker from 35 yards out into the top shelf, and onto penos. Our keeper makes the first two saves, we score on our first two, we score again, they score and finally our 4th shooter seals a provinical berth.

I heard we had to forfeit our game today as we could not field 11 players. The games that I have watched thus far, we have had only 1 or 2 subs. I have always found it difficult for girls to commit in the spring, and thus my lack of motivation to coach at that time of year. I don't thnk we've ever had a practice. Also, I heard one of our better players quit as her parents want her to concentrate on Whitecaps. I think the coaches are planning on taking some junior players to provincials to field a respectable number for a team.

Don't know if we will field a team tomorrow for 5th and 6th place either. It is too bad and very unfair, but I guess nothing else can be done. We were lucky to advance as far as we have. I predict that we will be in the 13th-16th placing group come provincials.

Good luck tomorrow Burnsie.

Gilly

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Handsworth 3-2 in OT over Bby South. Handsworth was down 2-0 but now advance to BCs

Argyle 1-0 over Central. They play South on Thursday with winner advancing to BCs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elgin Park 1 South Delta 0

I'll be very blunt here........the ref allocator decided to give himself the game. With this in mind, one of the assistants showed up 30 minutes late. Elgin Park scored their goal in the first 3 minutes on a very very very obvious offside. Of course the ref was nowhere close to the line(center circle).....the assistant was watching their defensive line. The girl who received the blatant offside pass then shot from an angle...our keeper fumbled it to the ground and they scored on the rebound.........that's it.

We played very well in the first half and we managed to nullify Elgin's best player all game with our Provincial basketball player. :D We created 3 decent chances all game but I thought we, for the most part, outworked Elgin and made life difficult for them. They were limited to a couple of long shots in the second half, with the most dangerous being the tall #21 who made a trailing run through the midfield and shot from just outside the 18 yard box right at our goalie. Other than that, not much else. I was VERY tempted to ask our MVP to put on her boots in the second half because I'm confident she would have done something up front...but thought better for her and our team in the Provincials. Elgin is a decent team but I'm confident we can compete with them if we face them in the Provincials.

Congratulations to Titan4life and his girls for winning the Valleys. It is always a good accomplishment. That is the 4th Valley final in the last two years we have lost. Obviously the coach has no clue how to win Valley finals anymore........thank fcuk we won the Provincials last year or I might not be around.....:D

Good luck to all the teams in the Provincials.

Marv Levy