Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Senior Girls Soccer

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A very comeptetive game between Elgin and South Delta. We started well and came out hungry for once. Had a lot of ball and got a good quick swtich which turned into a goal. Maybe it was a close offisde call, but it would be tough to say obvious let alone very obvious. I'm of the opinion it wasn't, but again, very close. That being said, there were several others in the first that he called off that I thought obviously were not and could have easily been goals.

After our good first 15 South Delta made life very difficult. They pretty much nullified our best player and pushed us to the brink. Worked very hard in the middle and had more of the ball for the rest of the game. Despite having more of the ball, SD didnt generate much offence. Then again neither did we. A few scrambles and shots from distance, but all in all a defensive stalemate.

Congrats to South Delta on a strong season. Both matches with them could have easily gone either way. I don't think they've seen our best yet, but I'm sure they could say the same. All I know is we will be facing a lot more battles like that come Provincials and I hope we're up to the challenge. Should be a great time none the less. See everyone at Provies!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right about that, Titan......it was basically a stalemate with very little created on both sides. That's probably because both teams rarely give up goals. :D In 21 games this season, we've had 16 clean sheets and in only two games we've given up more than one. On the flip side, bar the 5 - 0 win over Terry Fox......our goals for have been very low. If I was a spectator of yesterday's game, I would have asked for my money back. :D It wasn't pretty on the eyes.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincials draw is done and I must say it turned out well............

Group A Group B Group C Group D

Oak Bay Point Grey Handsworth Elgin Park
Burnaby South South Delta Lord Byng Reynolds
Centennial Mt. Baker Terry Fox Salmon Arm
Tamanawis Fraser Heights Claremont McMath

Date Time Game
Number Home Team Visiting Team Venue

Thursday,
May 28, 9:00 am 1 Oak Bay Tamanawis South Park
2009 2 Burn. South Centennial Winskill Turf
3 Point Grey Fraser Hts. Pebble Hill
4 South Delta Mt. Baker South Delta Oval
11:00 am 5 Handsworth Claremont South Delta Oval
6 Lord Byng Terry Fox Pebble Hill
7 Elgin Park McMath South Park
8 Reynolds Salmon Arm Winskill Turf
1:00 pm 9 Oak Bay Centennial Pebble Hill
10 Burn. South Tamanawis South Park
11 Point Grey Mt. Baker Winskill Turf
12 South Delta Fraser Hts. South Delta Oval
3:00 pm 13 Handsworth Terry Fox South Park
14 Lord Byng Claremont Winskill Turf
15 Elgin Park Salmon Arm South Delta Oval
16 Reynolds McMath Pebble Hill
Friday,
May 29, 9:00 am 17 Handsworth Lord Byng South Delta Oval
2009 18 Terry Fox Claremont Winskill Turf
19 Elgin Park Reynolds South Park
20 Salmon Arm McMath Pebble Hill
11:00 am 21 Oak Bay Burn. South South Park
22 Centennial Tamanawis Winskill Turf
23 Point Grey South Delta South Delta Oval
24 Mt. Baker Fraser Hts. Pebble Hill
1:00 pm 25 4th in Pool C 4th in Pool D Pebble Hill
26 3rd in Pool C 3rd in Pool D Winskill Turf
27 2nd in Pool C 2nd in Pool D South Park
28 1st in Pool C 1st in Pool D South Delta Oval
3:00 pm 29 4th in Pool A 4th in Pool B Pebble Hill
30 3rd in Pool A 3rd in Pool B Winskill Turf
31 2nd in Pool A 2nd in Pool B South Park
32 1st in Pool A 1st in Pool B South Delta Oval
Saturday,
May 30, 9:00 am 33 L. of Game 25 L. of Game 29 Pebble Hill
2009 34 W. of Game 25 W. of Game 29 Winskill Turf
35 L. of Game 26 L. of Game 30 South Park
36 W. of Game 26 W. of Game 30 South Delta Oval
11:00 am 37 L of Game 27 L. of Game 31 Pebble Hill
38 W. of Game 27 W. of Game 31 Winskill Turf
39 L. of Game 28 L. of Game 32 South Park
1:00 pm 40 W. of Game 28 W. of Game 32 South Delta Oval

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
is there an, erm, legible schedule? i'd like to pop out to catch some games.

signed,

SDSS senior girls soccer coach - 1993

Alberta RFC

Dec 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devils play at 11am tommorrow and then 3pm i believe. I think they are already through to the semis as results went there way today and they won both their games. Regardless, any result in the morning game puts them through.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard we (Fraser Heights) beat Point Grey this morning 3-1, and then lost to South Delta by the same result in the afternoon. If the girls can beat Mount Baker tomorrow morning, they will be guaranteed a 5th - 8th final position. Not bad!!

Gilly

mediahound

May 14, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big congratulations to all the teams that made the Provincials in South Delta. Couldn't be better weather for it.

This year we lost out at Islands but we will be there next year ...

Any idea how Oak Bay, Reynolds and Claremont are doing?

Thanks,

Steve
GP Vanier Towhees

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nowhere can I find an online schedule. Is the final Saturday? Who is in the final?

Captn - are you going for the back to back???

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oak Bay Vs Handsworth in the Finals from the reports that I got. Congrats to the Island teams.

Captn, thought Oak Bay didn't have it this year??

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SDSS lost a close one 1-0 to Oak Bay in yesterday's semi. SD had 4 or 5 chances go sailing over the net late as OB were hanging on. SDSS plays (not sure) at 11:00 for 3/4 and Oak bay vs Handsworth are playing in the final at 1:00.

mediahound

May 14, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Oak Bay made it to the finals did they. That makes our win over them in the Islands all the more rewarding. On any given day ...

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice year for Handsworth...BC Champs in AAA boys and girls soccer, AAAA girls volleyball, and AAA girls basketball.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oak Bay Vs Handsworth in the Finals from the reports that I got. Congrats to the Island teams.

Captn, thought Oak Bay didn't have it this year??

Didn't have what? :confused:

They are a hard working team and are apparently pretty young. They got pumped in the final, just like we would have if we played Handsworth. Handsworth was by far the best team this year.......as they went undefeated. Congrats to their coaches who lost the previous year. :D

Overall, the tournament was top-notch. We didn't have enough talent to get us to the final. Having said that, we definitely had the easiest pool. As I said, I'm not sure it was that bad not having to play Handsworth in the final. :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The you'll never walk alone intro was a nice touch... ;)

Attachments

• SDSS 006.jpg
    SDSS 006.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 586
  • SDSS 014.jpg
    SDSS 014.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 119

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captn, I was just taking the wizz regarding an earlier comment you made on here as to how you would not mind having Oak Bay in your pool because they were not as strong this year. From the previous results it looks as though Oak Bay has a solid chance every year. From what I was told Handsworth has a very strong team and were very good throughout.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Vike.......I said that because we had played Oak Bay the two previous years and they weren't as strong this year. We weren't as strong this year but the came could have gone either way with Oak Bay being better than us in the first half and scoring on a corner.......and us being being better in the second half and not taking advantage of some great chances in front of goal. No one was going to beat Handworth this year. They were that much better than everyone.

Oak Bay should be decent next year though.....not losing much from this year's team. We'll be losing 9, 8 of them starters from this year's team. Should be a real challenge next year getting the girls into the Provincial tournament, which is supposed to be on the Island.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0