Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2011 Presidents Cup

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dan when I Managed the Rams we always had trouble with The Poco Royals. they're just one of those teams you have trouble with. but I think the Phoenix will be fine against them. sure the phoneix are Div3 but they're top end players have played All levels higher then Div3 Travis scored in his Premier debut. he just knows how to score and he has speed. Lee can score, Mike can score Shaun can score. And the Phoenix goalie used to play Premier in Calgary. I'm not saying theyre the best team but the should get a little more respect.

And? All I said was that they will have to do something we can't do. I didn't say they won't.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MB10 I'm not saying you don't respect the Phoenix. it's more some other guys on here JBN if they played in his club whatever club they belong to that year they would be the Mini Hype. ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't seen the Phoenix play... I just know from their record in D3 they're a good/decent side, but the Royals are a bit like the Titans... they are strong and play well defensively and always seem to do decent (as far as I can remember anyways) in Cup Play. That, along with their massive grass pitch they have (if they still play there) is a real home field advantage. (they've only allowed 18 goals in 13 games yet find themselves in 7th place because they can't score)

I'm sure if Lee's teammates were as committed as he is they would be a solid D2 side, but having a pile of no-shows because of Superbowl is the laughable sort of stuff that will prevent that from happening. That's what fcuking PVR's were invented for. The Phoneix score tonnes of goals, but putting up those numbers against D3 sides is a far cry from a Royals team only allowing 18 in 13 against the division with the likes of Mission, Inter, etc

gt5

Feb 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't seen the Phoenix play... I just know from their record in D3 they're a good/decent side, but the Royals are a bit like the Titans... they are strong and play well defensively and always seem to do decent (as far as I can remember anyways) in Cup Play. That, along with their massive grass pitch they have (if they still play there) is a real home field advantage. (they've only allowed 18 goals in 13 games yet find themselves in 7th place because they can't score)

I'm sure if Lee's teammates were as committed as he is they would be a solid D2 side, but having a pile of no-shows because of Superbowl is the laughable sort of stuff that will prevent that from happening. That's what fcuking PVR's were invented for. The Phoneix score tonnes of goals, but putting up those numbers against D3 sides is a far cry from a Royals team only allowing 18 in 13 against the division with the likes of Mission, Inter, etc

Mission scored 7 on them. There low GA is all Inters lack of talent up front, or because Poco plays far more physically then anyone else in 2A and that is how you stop Inter from scoring.

If there playing at the same park we played Poco at its not a massive grass pitch. Its a small sand box which slopes way off on onside that makes any runs on the wing with the ball impossible.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission scored 7 on them. There low GA is all Inters lack of talent up front, or because Poco plays far more physically then anyone else in 2A and that is how you stop Inter from scoring.

If there playing at the same park we played Poco at its not a massive grass pitch. Its a small sand box which slopes way off on onside that makes any runs on the wing with the all impossible.

Inter does have a lack of talent up front, don't they? I hear their #10 is awful.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
C4L and HA are about as far away from each other in technical strengths as you can come, one is tall and lanky, the other is a stout brick shithouse... both are excellent keepers playing well below the leve they should be playing on...
I haven't played with C4L aside from the odd summer game here and there, so to comment to compare the two would be ridiculous, but I wouldn't trade house for anyone right now.
~notblowingTOOmuchsmokeamI?
I think he got that one right on the button! Me and HA are on opposite ends of the spectrum. I have only ever played 1 game against him, and that was in Kelowna when Im pretty sure me and him were both still fighting viscous hangovers!!! Aside from that, I know the guy has earned more respect around the league probably than any other goalie below prem. But enough goalie chat.....
Who are these Aldergrove players and what can my squad expect in two weeks???

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

dont get me started on the superbowl thing again , im glad someone agrees with me that it was stupid to miss cup because of it , on the other hand we still kicked ass against what i beleave to be a solid div two team with 11 or 12 of us , we will see , if we pull off another upset in two weeks then ill come on and brag till i cant brag no more , if not then you guys were right , im starting to think maybe on franchises lines , 0-0 off to a shootout .

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
K sorry

Royals 4 - Phoenix 2 Happy

anyways your right no research was done have no idea either team and really dont care. Just put out a prediction. And Lee get your team out of div 3

happy now , ill get 2 just for you , although are these guys capable of scoring 4 in any game?? we shall see , mabe ill play a flat back 10

Jawzlin

Nov 1, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey lee, to defend myself I planned on having a superbowl party a month in advance, we didnt know about the cup game when I planned for it, anyways, could have been worse, I could have invited the rest of the team out too, see you tonight at our practice game

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights - Abby : Going to say 2-2 tie into PK's... From their who knows
Celtic - NDSC 0... 3-0 for Celtic in an easy win
PoMo Magpies - Cloverdale FC: Im going to say 2-1 for Cloverdale. My boy Kent on Cloverdale will be standing on his head making saves!!
Nomads - Cloverdale:3-1 for the Hype, 2 for Carnie and one for HA off a goal kick
Inter - ND Royals: 4-0 for inter.. Just hard to keep serious after 4 goals...
Royals - Phoenix : 2-2... Both teams head into PK's
Rougue - Mission: Mission wins 3-0... Too good for Rogue.
Best of luck next week to all, rest up this weekend Gentleman

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup Round 3 predictions

Knights 3 Abby 1

Celtic 5 NDSC 1

Pomo 2 Cloverdale 1

Nomads 1 Cloverdale 0