Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dunfield should retire. That's what he can do to help the game of football. He's rotten.

Go Sounders! They have a lot better looking fans based on what I saw last weekend. :)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Dunfield could help this team this year. With Reo Coker, Terry would do OK. We need older guy or two. In close Terry can hold his own. He just needs to spend bit more on long runs to get his legs back. That guy in Toronto would kill a horse the way he wants his guys running around.

3oxcb2.jpg

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe the mls revenue from red cards is down right now, should call in vmsl guys and let them look after discipline for a bit, get some really crazy refs involved, eject and fine a couple of fans here and there and mls should meet their quota in no time, I'm sure the captain agrees

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terry does play bit of West Side sniff up in the air, but if you know him me rely just wants to play ball. At thirty one or two years old he still has few years.
Soccer is full of small talk and trash talk some guys take it way serious. We all would love to see Caps do better.What the heck he loves beer and good time. Why are you guys so hard on him.
Sooner than you think Terry will run Canadian program. He spent time in England and did learn how much they love us over there. I wish him nothing but the best,. I do know the guy and I do know he can play better ball the one or two guys on the Caps. I am also sure FC Edmonton can use a guy like him to help the team clime in the standings.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terry does play bit of West Side sniff up in the air, but if you know him me rely just wants to play ball. At thirty one or two years old he still has few years.
Soccer is full of small talk and trash talk some guys take it way serious. We all would love to see Caps do better.What the heck he loves beer and good time. Why are you guys so hard on him.
Sooner than you think Terry will run Canadian program. He spent time in England and did learn how much they love us over there. I wish him nothing but the best,. I do know the guy and I do know he can play better ball the one or two guys on the Caps. I am also sure FC Edmonton can use a guy like him to help the team clime in the standings.

Cause he was awful when he was here. Horrible passing, horrible shooting, lazy, stupid fouls, missed pk's. I believe everyone at the start was excited to have a hometown player on the squad, but after opening day the price of parking was more appealing.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascade I see it way different. There should be five Canadians on Caps each game. Than we would build future players here.
Just because they beat few shitty teams does not mean we are on the right path. Sure it's nice to see us in fifth spot. But there is many games left to be played against better opponents. Terry makes way less money than Miller in my opinion he would score just as many goals if he played as a go to guy. He is smart on the ball.
As I said before Terry needs bit more time to spend on shape, Terry can still help our side. No one from the west coast can play in that Toronto steam.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascade I see it way different. There should be five Canadians on Caps each game. Than we would build future players here.
Just because they beat few shitty teams does not mean we are on the right path. Sure it's nice to see us in fifth spot. But there is many games left to be played against better opponents. Terry makes way less money than Miller in my opinion he would score just as many goals if he played as a go to guy. He is smart on the ball.
As I said before Terry needs bit more time to spend on shape, Terry can still help our side. No one from the west coast can play in that Toronto steam.

Wow. The west coast living is taking its toll. One of his last games we get a free kick 30 yards out, Terry steps up and lays a ten yard pass to the other team. In tennis this is called an unforced error, until this year Terry was our leader in this department then up came Thiebert. Does anyone else find it peculiar that spike and Russell are never seen at the same time.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Base you HAVE to get past this Canadian thing on the Caps, its a business not a national team training academy. Yes it would be great to have a good national team, not gonna happen and the Caps, Impact or TFC are not responsible for making it better. Terry is by no means anywhere close to Millers calibre and there is a reason he was let go. The Whitecaps sign players to win and to approve as a club to win the MLS not the national stage. Tiebert has also done more in the last month than Dunfield did in 2 years and is making himself a key player every week.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-1 Win. Slow start and a fairly boring game for the most part. Chivas scored a nice shot 7 minutes in, then we only had a few chances until we potted 2 in injury time of the first half. Harvey with the first off a deflected shot from the top of the box, then a great through ball from Tiebert to Camilo who beat the defender and slotted home. 2nd half was fairly lackluster with not a ton of chances, Harvey centered the ball which came back to Camilo who slotted again off a bounce off a defender. Camilo had a chance for a hatty but was stopped on the line, then Hurtado hit the same player off the rebound with the whole net to himself. 3 points has us in 4th at the moment.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascade now we will make the playoff. New keeper is in town. This guy is a good fast keeper. Lateral moves are very good .
Now maybe Miller changes a club and we add a six foot three centre forward a go too player. We could do well.
We add Yallop to coaching ring and it all will role in a positive way.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some interesting things I noticed in today's reserve match:

1) Heinemann played CB -- could be an option in MLS especially if Mitchell + Leveron are called up for Gold Cup in July
2) Knighton split the match with Thomas. I'm guessing this mean Cannon is on the way out to make way for Ousted

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps are on quite the little run with getting results recently.

Anyone know when they signed Charles Ramsey? I guess that's one way for Mattocks to keep people talking about him :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hertzog getting the start over Mattocks AKA Charles Ramsey... interesting.

I definitely think there are points to be had here for the Caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0