Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Canadian Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I prefer to think of myself as an information gatherer and if I happen to catch the scent of a few unpleasant odors along the way I can live with it, as long as I don't get any on me.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
MTKB...surely you can't be saying Tiebert is useless if the Cap's have an overwhelmingly better record with him in the line-up since Gershon went down last year, than with him out of it? I'm sure you had to do a few stats courses on your way to the bar, what are the stats to show the Caps level of success with him in over this season and last, vs. when he's out?

Dude,

Where do you get your stats? Here are some for you. Ten games so far this season (5 wins, 2 ties, 3 losses).

Teibert played in all 3 games that Whitecaps lost (Toronto, San Jose, DC United). Teibert did not play when Whitecaps won in Orlando and when they beat Portland in Vancouver.

So, being involved in all 3 losses while not being a part of 2 wins (out of 5) does not look to me as favourable stats as you are trying to present here.

It was not a long time ago when (during the last season) it was presented here that Whitecaps were actually not doing well with him in the line up. Unfortunately no time to dig it now but I remember that discussion. Everything was documented so I really have no idea where you get your stats.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teibert played in all 3 games that Whitecaps lost (Toronto, San Jose, DC United). Teibert did not play when Whitecaps won in Orlando and when they beat Portland in Vancouver.

So, being involved in all 3 losses while not being a part of 2 wins (out of 5) does not look to me as favourable stats as you are trying to present here.
Speaking of favourable stats...

:)

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of favourable stats...

:)

With RT - 3 wins, 2 ties, 3 losses or 11 out of 24 points (45.84%).
Without RT - 2 wins in 2 games or 6 out of 6 points (100 %).

Just trying to understand Dude's statement that Whitecaps have an overwhelmingly better record with RT in line-up.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD...I need to get my fix in somewhere. I'm more like a jock-sniffer-sniffer. Sniffing the jock-sniffers. It's not TTP, but it's something. Besides, if I'm a jocksniffer, you are a jocksniffer lurker.

MTKB...surely you can't be saying Tiebert is useless if the Cap's have an overwhelmingly better record with him in the line-up since Gershon went down last year, than with him out of it? I'm sure you had to do a few stats courses on your way to the bar, what are the stats to show the Caps level of success with him in over this season and last, vs. when he's out?

Because that's the only variable thats changed since Koffie went down last year. Adding Rivero and getting a rested Morales are clearly neutral moves.

Teibert is absolutely atrocious. It's painfully obvious that he hasnt a clue how to play the game. If you can't see how much Laba and others have to cover for him, I'm at a loss to continue this conversation because any video of the other team scoring invariably involves RT fcuking up...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of these things just doesn't belong here, one of these things is not the same

(would make a great footy chant BTW... meaning the jock-sniffers will never sing it) :)

CEcKsroWgAAiLGQ.png:large

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL, interesting that you don't count back to last season when he took over the spot from Koffie. Convenient. Yes, about that time we all agreed he was a lost soul. What you and mtkb fail to admit is he's found his mark, and it appears that the record over that whole timeframe is better with him in rather than with him out. I mean, don't let the numbers get in the way of a good argument.

BTW, you are both getting a bit worked up again, which is what you both do when I'm right and you're both wrong. Very angry and not at all happy. Can't we all just get along?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe @Jigsaw can go back and save Newcastle now... though it would be large shoes to fill, what with John Carver being the best coach in the premier league and all :)

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL, interesting that you don't count back to last season when he took over the spot from Koffie. Convenient. Yes, about that time we all agreed he was a lost soul. What you and mtkb fail to admit is he's found his mark, and it appears that the record over that whole timeframe is better with him in rather than with him out. I mean, don't let the numbers get in the way of a good argument.

BTW, you are both getting a bit worked up again, which is what you both do when I'm right and you're both wrong. Very angry and not at all happy. Can't we all just get along?

Dude, you started it with a statement that the results are overwhelmingly better with RT in the line-up. I simply checked some statistics for this season (easy thing to do) and proved that you are wrong! What do you want me to do now? Go back a year? Two? I am quite sure that stats would show a similar pattern but I do not have that much time to waste on RT. Again, did not we even do it during last year and the conclusion was (overwhelmingly) that the results were worse with RT in the line-up.

Dude, you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG re this so I am not sure why you are telling mtkb and me that we are wrong.

Yes, we can get along... ... ... if you admit that you are wrong! Or, show some stats (as I did) to prove us wrong.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
wrong wrong wrong wrong
wrong wrong wrong wrong
wrong wrong wrong wrong
wrong wrong wrong wrong
wrong wrong wrong wrong
wrong wrong wrong wrong
wrong wrong wrong wrong

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe @Jigsaw can go back and save Newcastle now... though it would be large shoes to fill, what with John Carver being the best coach in the premier league and all :)
He's lost the plot.
What a shambles.
The best Manager in the world couldn't save them, with the current ownership.
It all started when Keegan left, after exposing the "backroom" dealings, behind the Manager's back.
The Manager is powerless these days, with the structure and lack of ambition from the top.
They deserve to go down, I'm sorry to have to say.
Embarrassing.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL...after Saturday's, how do the stats look now? He was pretty bad again, while everyone around him just picked up the pieces, huh?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
90% of RT's passes went backwards on Saturday, at least that's what it looked like to me.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In truth, I saw the same thing, but there were a lot of backwards passes all night, it seemed to me to be a team strategy aimed at keeping possession. He was not the only one going back, it was hapenning all over the park.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude back passing is the most boring part of the soccer. In my opinion it's a chicken shyt way of playing. One two forward guy is simply boring no action. Attacking with five or six and getting back is where it is. Canada and US are twenty years behind the skill and speed attacking. All we see is maybe thee good runs a game. Guy like Mattoocks should be on the move way more.
Just hold on till you see Edmonton play even more boring big guys kicking the crap out of each other. The biggest problem in my opinion is a last touch for some reason it is allways high and very hard to control. If it is not five zip for Caps there is something wrong with starting eleven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0