Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

tremy-1

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are all FVSL current members receiving or will receive the same "right price" or this will only be for teams the league is trying to recruit? :rolleyes:
Looking at Maradona's face, I think that he is also asking himself the same question.:D

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally got round to sticking up some of the other video I shot from Friday's Metro-Ford v Surrey game. It's pretty shitty quality, as was just switching camera on at certain breaks, but better than nothing! Got first two goals, third one is a blurry mess, and a couple of other chances.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally got round to sticking up some of the other video I shot from Friday's Metro-Ford v Surrey game. It's pretty shitty quality, as was just switching camera on at certain breaks, but better than

nothing! Got first two goals, third one is a blurry mess, and a couple of other chances.

Not to sure that's a PK

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The division that I'm above .500 on predictions in...clearly the A Cup is where I know what I'm talking about :rolleyes:

Quarters: 2/4
Overall: 7/12

SEMI-FINAL PREDICTIONS

Croatia v Metro Ford
The all VMSL semi-final love fest starts off with the Match of the Round down at Trillium. Croatia seem to have recaptured their Championship form from two seasons ago. Cowichan were tipped by many to be a title favourite with home field all through the draw followed by a trip down the highway to an Island hosted Provincials. Croatia had a chance to spoil the party last weekend and didn't they just. This on the heals of an absolute thriller in their opener vs Abby; clearly if all their matches were 120 minutes instead of 90 they would have finished much higher in the table. After an ignominious season that included an Imperial Cup defeat at the hands of Div 1 Bingers Army, the Europeans have turned it on when it counts. Coquitlam on the other hand has had it on all year and, despite being pushed into extra time vs Surrey last week and needing a wonderful free kick goal to advance, it's full steam ahead for the Metro Ford machine. Croatia's victory saves the VMSL champions from a journey to the Island, which may have been unwelcome hurdle. Instead they will face a team that they have dominated by an aggregate scoreline of 12-2 this season, including a 7-1 title clinching drubbing at Memorial at the begining of March. Perhaps that is why the change of venue. Whatever the reason, it's not likely to matter. Despite any renaissance the Croatia may be experiencing, the tale of the tape doesn't lie, Coquitlam have dominated Croatia all season, I don't expect that to change now especially when Metro Ford is close enough to smell it.

Pegasus v Pacific
Our other semi-final is the now lone remaining VMSL Surrey derby (at least for now...). Let's be honest, no one had Pacific in the semis. The lucky draw vs the other low on the totem poll VMSL team in Inter followed by FVSL upset special Aldergrove. At the end of the day though, you can't take the spot away from them, they have found a way to get to this point. They will likely need several bounces and some serious soccer god intervention if they are to progress to the final and force the Leceister City cinderalla references. Sure they tied Peg 3-3 early in the season, but the Surrey boys are notorious slow starters and hammered the former CCBers 4-0 at the second time of asking. In fact if it wasn't for those early dropped points, Pegasus may well have had Metro Ford a little hotter under the collar down the stretch. As it was they ended up only one point off the pace and I'll look for them to set up a 1st vs. 2nd showdown in the final next weekend.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4 men's competitions and all 8 finalists are from the VMSL.

2 teams from Coquitlam
2 teams from Surrey
2 teams from Burnaby
2 teams from Vancouver

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
4 men's competitions and all 8 finalists are from the VMSL.

2 teams from Coquitlam
2 teams from Surrey
2 teams from Burnaby
2 teams from Vancouver
I am on the island but really think that the finals venue should be decided when each finalist is known....pretty sure that would get a better audience and be easier for all concerned......then again that would be common sense and way too much for BC soccer to comprehend. Pretty sure that VMSL would agree with that, another way would be a neutral venue closest to the highest seeded team.....I know, I know, its not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0