Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly what I was thinking Polska.

I've seen that wink.
A million times.
I'm sure I'll see it again Saturday.
but he doesn't have a poodle though.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a wink mystery. It'll probably die w/ Coach when he's 6 feet under for overconsumption of Coors Light while wearing capris. God hates guys like that.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
He couldn't score at the caddyshack with a $5000 bank roll. He is absolutely awful. How the club believes he has potential is mind boggling. I'd rather read soccer coaches memoirs, than see Hurtado play again.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team is a joke. Im done. Call me when They get some real management to run and build this team. Lenarduzzi, enjoy retirement when they fire your pasta ass and allow you to step down to save face.

Hey Hurtado. They are looking for garbagemen out here in thw valley. Apply soon .

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Valley doesn't want him either. Can we pitch in for a ticket to Norway?
For the record i was referring to an actual guy that collects garbage. Not pissin on the valley soccer guys. Just thinking throwing bags in the back of a truck will be easier for him to hit

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team is a joke. Im done. Call me when They get some real management to run and build this team. Lenarduzzi, enjoy retirement when they fire your pasta ass and allow you to step down to save face.
Hey Hurtado. They are looking for garbagemen out here in thw valley. Apply soon .
Will they force Bobby into retirement? A wholesale change of the Pres and the coaching staff may be required. The team keeps losing, we don't see many Canadians on the field and the residency program is not producing players. To quote Donald Trump, "it can't be any worse, what have we got to lose"?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I honestly couldn't care less about how many Canadians are on the field. Like, really guys.... if they're good enough, sign them. If not, there's the NASL or WFC2. Counting maple leafs is what got them Teibert in the first place....

Blas Perez is the one striker that's given them what they expected. He's 35 not 25, meaning he's an off the bench substitute and spot-starter. He holds up better than the rest of their strikers combined, and he brings real energy and bite every time he comes on.

He's even scored the odd goal, which, again, distinguishes himself from the band of clowns he has to work with...

For the record, my initial assessment of the Kudo youtube video was that the defending he was playing against in Japan was more akin to Adanac than it was any MLS (or better) field. Sadly I was not mistaken. On a rail, the lot of them... Except Blas... I'd bring him back for one more year on a clear substitute's salary...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have over achived playing some pretty ugly football. Honeymoon is over now. Take note from canucks and lions. If you dont put a. Posative result on the pitch you're gonna lose a vital piece of the market that keeps this team a float.

Someone up top better reconize this soon

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know guys.... I was at a bar, and I thought that some clowns were playing football. Then I realize that it was the goal against the Whitecaps. :( . This is really sad. Is it only me or it was a really ugly goal?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a disaster of a season, and what a disaster of a finisher Hurtado is. I mean, hit the target! How many clear cut chances did he have and missed the net? This guy would not be able to score in the local premier leagues, why does he continue to get time in MLS?

This is where I start to fall into the "Robo Out" camp.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a disaster of a season, and what a disaster of a finisher Hurtado is. I mean, hit the target! How many clear cut chances did he have and missed the net? This guy would not be able to score in the local premier leagues, why does he continue to get time in MLS?

This is where I start to fall into the "Robo Out" camp.

Wouldnt mind seeing Sigi Schmid take the job

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Morales tells the media its his last season in Vancouver... Why even bother putting him on the pitch, waste of space... With the season over I'd much rather see Levis, Seiller and some USL guys get chances than the regulars we have in now... Don't think De Jong or Edgar had the impact we needed and really was somewhat against Robinsons general plan of bringing up young talent by bringing in 2 older fringe Canadians. I'm wondering if he is getting a ton of pressure to win now and has his hands forced which has altered his strategy.

We didn't win every game the last 2 years but we played a game that was fun to watch...now.. its just frustrating and ugly.

Has to be frustrating for guys coming up.. I don't think we've really given many USL guys a chance yet, other than Hurtado who despite a ton of effort yesterday... was awful.

Sounds like Adekugbe is off to a good start in the UK, he's a guy I much rather would have seen take over for Harvey than De Jong... As dude pointed out Robinson seems to have a way of playing new guys out of their natural position, seeing them do poorly and taking them out of the line up I remember Adekugbe getting time in the midfield and looking lost... Parker was moved wide, had terrible games and made yesterday's line up because Waston is out.

I loved Robinsons player selection and changes when he started but lately... seems way out to lunch. Honestly cannot understand how he could possibly be ok continuing to play Morales over Mezquida other than purely based on one being a DP.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sigh.

Their goal was a massive defensive mistake. The initial ball was a massive header from their holder and our CB's let it bounce. #1 rule. It's bounces and next touch is BWP#99's. How they let that bounce is another story.

I feel bad for Eric. The guy works his bag off. Gives defenders trouble. Throws his weight around, bumps and grinds. His pace gets in behind strikers and he can hold up a ball. He has many of the tools needed..... But the most important tool.... Finishing.
If he scores some of his chances last night he is a hero and in form. If he scores a percentage of his chances this season, he would be looked at as an up and coming striker in this league. As every game the chances are coming. And that's half the battle. I honestly don't know if I would give up on him quite yet. I have not seen a striker create and get on the end of that many chances for this team, ever. The guy was balling after the game. He knows. oh. He knows. But we have no one else that creates and gets on the end of so many chances.
If he can find any sort of finishing form he is good enough for this league. An off season of finishing drills could do this?
As he seemed to come back a smarter, simpler player this last time around. So if the work ethic and want is there, it might come.

I thought RT was great. He worked his bag off. Didn't give an inch to them. Presses the ball well. And helps balance that midfield. His through ball over the top to Hurtado for the first of those two chances in minutes was a great ball. He plays with want. No floating around. I don't think he got beat once when he pressed on a midfielder. We looked great as a team that first half. They really had nothing.

Morales was the bum of the 3 mids. He did nothing. I don't remember anything fantastic from the guy. If he didn't have the work horses in behind him in the middle to balance us he would has stuck out worse even more. He is done. Put a fork in him.

I know we can't have everyone running around a mile a minute. But he shows no passion or want. Always trotting around. Did he sprint past Eric once in the entire match as a 10? Hurtado shows and he goes? Nothing. I don't get how he beats out Nico for that starting spot. That's one mistake from Robbo for sure.

The Reffing was a joke. He made it all about him any time he had the slightest chance to. Nuts. Hand ball on their goal too. Agh.
Between Hurtados multiple missed clear cut chances and the ref making a show of things it was hard to watch at times. At least we are creating numerous chances though.

We should have brought Nico and boy wonder in 10 min earlier. It was a little late there. And they brought a spark right when they came on and we switched to the 3-5-2.

The problem isn't the hard working young guys. It's the morales esc guys that collect big money and are not working hard and going through the motions. Even Watson.

Anyways. Go caps. Still believing. (Not in this season) but a bit of a clean up, and some new guys with heart and this team has some pieces.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please don't ever put "RT" and "great" together in the Whitecaps form... Unless you're referring to his ability to just get back in time to get on a poster, there is nothing remotely great about that complete waste of space. Ottawa Fury rag-dolled him in the middle of the park. Don't forget that. He's USL quality at most.

Hurtado is the type of guy that would go to Portland and end up scoring bags of goals in a "different environment"... sometimes they're just in their own dome so damn much that the new scenery thing actually holds some merit.

Other times they're just not good enough and the amateur scouting department should share a cab with him out of town...

I suspect we'll find out next year which it is...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please don't ever put "RT" and "great" together in the Whitecaps form... Unless you're referring to his ability to just get back in time to get on a poster, there is nothing remotely great about that complete waste of space. Ottawa Fury rag-dolled him in the middle of the park. Don't forget that. He's USL quality at most.

Hurtado is the type of guy that would go to Portland and end up scoring bags of goals in a "different environment"... sometimes they're just in their own dome so damn much that the new scenery thing actually holds some merit.

Other times they're just not good enough and the amateur scouting department should share a cab with him out of town...

I suspect we'll find out next year which it is...
Find out next year when they make Hurtado a DP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0