Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmm, I say I'm growing sick of commercials and I'm accused of being grumpy.

Point is lack of marketing imagination.

And yes, excited about the potential for Davies but if I recall, there were a lot of people saying how great Hurtado was going to be when he scored several matches in a row a couple of years back, even though a majority of the goals were miss hits :rolleyes:

They sent me a thank you email for helping to make the best sporting atmosphere in Vancouver when I renewed. I didn't get all grumpy about it.

For me Hurtado and Mattocks never passed the eye test when they scored. I remember when the radio guys were talking about Vancouver not having a young electrifying player like Mattocks since Pavel Bure was a rookie and thinking these guys have no clue.

Davies passes the eye test for me but not so much for the goal but the assist on Hurtado's goal. Both Hurtado and Mattocks would have blasted a shot straight at the keeper in that position but the 15 year old had the composure to pick out the open player for the tap in. He makes mistakes but he does a lot of these little good things almost every time he plays so I like what I see. That said I am sure the Whitecaps will find a way to ruin him before he ever fully develops. Was that grumpy?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game on Saturday!

Davies would have been a game changer if he started.

Things are looking up!

Can't wait for February and CCL action, BC Place will be rocking!

So awesome!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haha.....awesome. :D Grumpy, and angry. Grangy Regs.

I didn't even watch. I've checked out of the MLS season.

Did Davies play at all? If he did, obviously he made no impact, nobody did. I guess I should go look at the highlights. Ugh.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Jigsaw will be coaching Captain and a bunch of old folks on Saturday against a team coached by Heanjob's dad and another bunch of old folks. I didn't see soccer coach on either list but he is probably too busy interviewing for the open spot on the national team.

Good job Regs keep up the positive attitude.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The first half I thought I went to Roger's arena by accident but then in the second half there was a fight in the crowd so I realized I went to a lions game instead.

That was the worst atmosphere since 2011. They are going to need to do something in the off season to make sure they don't lose what the have had. Another year of this and you will be lucky to get 16,000 in there.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It has been but you can just see the enthusiasm in the crowd has been lost. I know some of the season tickets in our section have not renewed and some at least thought about not renewing. I think next year unless they do something to create some excitement you will see the crowds regress.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I won't be surprised.

Vancouver simply isn't a great "support" town. In any way. We are when the team is winning, or in fashion, but even the Lions right now can't draw more than the true die-hard, despite dropping prices.

shite, we were having that ongoing argument about opening up the top? Are you kidding me? They can't even fill the bottom on a consistent basis.

I think getting a real name will be the only thing that can turn ticket sales around.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But Davies just got his first start ever in MLS, how can you be so negative? Hurtado is a goal scoring machine!

And the biggest match in club history is coming up tomorrow night. Win and we top the group. Then we have 2 more Cascadia Cup matches with our fate in our own hands - Cascadia Cup champions we will be! Fly those Cascadia flags and banners fiercely everyone!

Things have never been more exciting for the Whitecaps!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I detect sarcasm again. There are no emojis, so I can't be sure.

More and more, I see my support going the way of the Victoria Highlanders of the CPL, whenever that happens. Or, if the Caps fie BL and go a decidedly more Canadian route.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
But Davies just got his first start ever in MLS, how can you be so negative? Hurtado is a goal scoring machine!

And the biggest match in club history is coming up tomorrow night. Win and we top the group. Then we have 2 more Cascadia Cup matches with our fate in our own hands - Cascadia Cup champions we will be! Fly those Cascadia flags and banners fiercely everyone!

Things have never been more exciting for the Whitecaps!

Its actually Wednesday

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been saying that about Vancouver sports fans for years. Everybody looks at Portland and Seattle and blames the caps front office, (which I agree is a joke and needs to go), and says it's their fault we are not like them. Truth is we do not get the same support because we are not American sports fans. The stadium is half empty until about half way through the first, just the same as Rogers arena. A big name will draw fans, like that guy who use to post on here crying because he couldn't see Beckham but as soon as they grow tired of that name or the guy leaves so will the fans.

Good or bad it is was it is. Like grumpy Regs said, the best sporting atmosphere in Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0