Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know about anyone else but I am growing sick of "best sporting atmosphere" commercials - note to FO, that ship sailed years ago.

Also, with everyone getting themselves wet over the 15 year-old... the strike he hit last night was going for a throw-in until it hit that guy's arse.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know about anyone else but I am growing sick of "best sporting atmosphere" commercials - note to FO, that ship sailed years ago.

Also, with everyone getting themselves wet over the 15 year-old... the strike he hit last night was going for a throw-in until it hit that guy's arse.

Yah. But his set up on Hurtados goal was great. Going at defenders at pace, one two, and a perfect ball to hurtz. 15 years old. Kid is exciting to watch for sure.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Holy shite, who crawled up your ass last night?

First off, I didn't see the match.Only highlights. I saw AD set-up the first goal (which Hurtado nearly bottled, haha), get turned on the goal against (but, fack me, the attacker still beat two other veteran Caps in the box and hit a left footed wonder striker to score that, it was a fcuking beauty), then I see him take the initiative in added time and hit a very nice strike that he was aiming to the keeper's right. Yes, it took a great deflection off an arse. Who fcuking cares? It's a goal that seals arguably the most important victory in post NASL history for the Caps! About the only thing bigger, in my mind, was the similar North American Club Championship the '86ers won in, like '90 (somebody help me w/ the history on that). But, that's only because this is now advancing to the quarters. They move on to the semis, and to me, that's the very highest peak post NASL. I'd rather they do well in and win the CCL than in the MLS Playoffs.

Everyone is all wet about him because he's making us believe the Caps truly have a special "homegrown" player in the fold, a kid that could legitimately move on to bigger and better things in very short order. It's fcuking exciting! Besides, nearly every time he plays, he does something special, something memorable. Are you telling me you aren't excited for the kid? I'm ecstatic for him.

Secondly, "Best Sporting Atmosphere in Vancouver". In the past 12 months, I've been to 4 Canucks games, and three WFC Matches. At every WFC Match, I had fun. A lot of fun. At every Canucks game, I was bored, so very bored. Boring style of play, boring fans, and when it's as boring as that, the game takes way too long. And they won 2/4 games I attended, for crying out loud! It was terrible.

Don't get me started on the BC Lions and CFL, which has become nearly unwatchable live. Too long, too much punting, too many penalties and game delays.

Maybe you could say the Vancouver Canadians have a better sporting atmosphere, but I haven't been to a game. Why? Because 3-4 hours sitting in the sun, watching a game that moves as fast as peanut butter, doing SFA, is not my idea of fun. I call that a wasted day.

For the WFC matches I attended, 2/3 wins, but had fun at all of them. The crowd helps. You've pointed out that the supporters are mince as compared to Portland or Seattle, and others, and you are right. But, on the more positive side, it's still a better atmosphere than 25 other MLS clubs around the league. That shite doesn't build overnight, and I'd argue that part of the bigger problem is Vancouver itself, traditionally the shittiest fan support of any NHL or CFL city, where fans get mad if you stand to cheer too loud. Only in Vancouver.

So, you can be a cranky old bugger, and shoo the kids off your damn lawn, or just appreciate the players and atmosphere for what it is. I'm super disappointed so far in most of our season here, but at least the CCL campaign is going well. That's huge for me.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely.

I love watching Morales when he's fit. Problem is, he's never fit. Time to move on from him.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmm, I say I'm growing sick of commercials and I'm accused of being grumpy.

Point is lack of marketing imagination.

And yes, excited about the potential for Davies but if I recall, there were a lot of people saying how great Hurtado was going to be when he scored several matches in a row a couple of years back, even though a majority of the goals were miss hits :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, so you come on TTP, the night after a massive win, where a 15 year old scores the GMG in added time to clinch the biggest win, arguably, in WFC post NASL history...and you have a moan about advertising, and are quick to point out his hit went off an arse?

And you're NOT grumpy?

Come on...

Besides, how do you know it was a miss-hit? It looked like he was aiming for keeper's right top corner to me. Perhaps had it not hit an arse, it would have been a top corner screamer, and you'd have a moan about the kid not having the courage to take it into the box.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

So, what else would a "strike he hit last night was going for a throw-in until it hit that guy's arse" be, besides a miss-hit?

Help us understand, the whole cryptic message thing isn't quite translating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0