Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2017 VMSL Div 2 Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, the field status list has changed since I first checked it at 1:30 this afternoon. The only turf field that was listed as closed then was Jericho. All the other turf fields were added after the initial posting, along with some additional grass fields.

Now all we have to do is to get the Most Excellent Site to reflect this...
uhm...the only thing that I can think of is that you might not have refreshed the page. It was very clear that all the fields were closed when I checked and posted the information.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope. That's when we sent out all the cancellation messages to our kids' teams' staff (all 300+ of them). It was an odd enough omission that 3 other people on our board made comments about it too. Regardless, they did finally catch up with reality, and it appears so did the league's site.

We had the weekend off due to a first round bye anyway, but the rust is definitely starting to show...

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope. That's when we sent out all the cancellation messages to our kids' teams' staff (all 300+ of them). It was an odd enough omission that 3 other people on our board made comments about it too. Regardless, they did finally catch up with reality, and it appears so did the league's site.

We had the weekend off due to a first round bye anyway, but the rust is definitely starting to show...
... I can not think of any other reason why your browser would not be displaying accurate information. But again this does not surprise much since we live in an era of "alternative facts". Or perhaps a higher power decided to provide correct information to Campo followers. It was clear to since the morning that the municipality had close the fields. Good job for them.

penguin

Mar 3, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
... I can not think of any other reason why your browser would not be displaying accurate information. But again this does not surprise much since we live in an era of "alternative facts". Or perhaps a higher power decided to provide correct information to Campo followers. It was clear to since the morning that the municipality had close the fields. Good job for them.

Let's talk about this some more. Riveting stuff

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's talk about this some more. Riveting stuff
People take these things a bit too seriously. Guys, use common sense. The city is covered in snow and experiencing congestion from all the accidents and traffics. Fields are covered in snow. There is forecast of more snow. There is no precedent of municipality clearing turf in short notice. Of course, the fields are unplayable and closed and games will not take place.
.imgres.jpg

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Libre 4 - Cliff Cobras 4
What a game....what a game.... This was an action packed game with attacks going back and forth during the entire match.
Since we were aware that they were in first place, we started very cautiously but as we dominated possession and the tackless we started to become very aggressive and put 3 forwards up front. To be honest, I thought this most be a mistake because quite a few guys are completely out of shape. How is it possible that they are in first place and then I understood the reason.

These guys know how to score. They took advantage of every opportunity. Substitute keeper (given fracture or original keeper) missreads the corner kick and they put the ball in the net well. We tied with a nice goal and everything points out to an advantage, but they score again from a nice cross. We tied again with a chip over the keeper.

Everything pointed out to penalties but then we scored two good goals. I thought this is it. There are 5 minutes left in the game, but they did not give up and scored from a free kick and a defensive error. Unfortunately, no extra time. They were tired so I am sure we would have won the game, but there was no extra time. Direct to penalties and they put the goals like a machine to make it 4-1.

Perhaps the loss was undeserved as Campo Libre was the best in terms of possession and attacking opportunities but Cobras really know how to finish their goals well.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Atletico B 1 - Royal City B 1
Thank you to the Tigers game of the week our CAT players were full of confidence. If they could compete with the Tigers team they felt that they could compete with anyone. They came in good morale despite the unfortunately loss of the keeper at the hands of the Rinos organization.

They dominated the game but made a silly defensive error. Royal City went ahead and bunker itself. Campo attacked and attacked to no avail until the equalizer came. On penalties our players were better and scored more goals without a single miss.

Very happy for the CAT players. They have come a long way. Their first meaningful win so they were ecstatic.

Overall, very pleased with the teams in the club. We tried to play attacking style and scored many goals and went to penalties in every single game.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, both teams forfeit... It was ugly.
When teams do not want to play this is what happens. They came to fight. Coaches were apologetic of players behaviour. Essentially it was a 6 on 6 brawl after a free kick on top of the area.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, both teams forfeit... It was ugly.
When teams do not want to play this is what happens. They came to fight. Coaches were apologetic of players behaviour. Essentially it was a 6 on 6 brawl after a free kick on top of the area.
Brawls and fights are bound to happen. You see them at the highest level (World Cup Qualifiers, Clasicos, you name it) and all the way to the games in the "barrio". Perhaps there was animosity between the parties prior to the game. Very little a ref can do if two parties are intended to take it to the next level.

Perhaps showing cards would have helped. A though thing to say. I feel bad that both teams have to go this way. They are good competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0