Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brown Soccer Banter

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: GN Spot, Would have to be as a CAT Team

Originally posted by Gurps
Now there is no Div 3 in VMSL, GN could probably get a spot in Div 2.

I don't think that the VMSL is giving out any league spots to lone teams anymore. That is why Div. 3 is no more.
Teams now must buy a spot from an existing team, or join a team and become the CAT team for the team that they join.

GN could join Khalsa next year and be their Div. 1 CAT team.

HOS

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN

HOS, I think you are right....that is why they got rid of Div 3.....
I know Van United wanted a spot in Div 2 this year.....but couldn't get one....and they did very well in Div 1 Cat last year....so.........

GURPSWASTESTOOMUCHTIMEATWORKONTHISITE

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VMSL, wants all CAT Divisions Eventually

The League wants the CAT System to Replace the old Div. 1, 2, and 3.
So all the teams in the lower Divisions are CAT Teams for Premier Teams.
So a Team or Club would have Premier, Div. 1 CAT, Div. 2 CAT, and U-21.
They want to have the full CLUB system, with no more lone standing teams.

HOS

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan

Hey my question regarding the Fraser Valley League and VMSL is not meant to be viewed as me TTP out of the FV league. I have honestly yet to see a Frase Valley Game and was wondering if the competition is comparable and what the quality of soccer is.

So Kurgan I think you have it wrong when you thought I was TTP.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting

So what will they do with all the extra teams....Let's say you have 10 Premier teams....So 10 Div 1 Cat teams....10 Div 2 Cat teams...Total equals 20 teams.....There are like 30 teams in Div 2 alone....not including Div 1....where will everyone go?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AnkleBreaker

I think want Kurgan meant was that whenever anyone asks the question comparing how the leagues compare......things get personal....Your question was not a Piss Take.....but when people will respond...they will inevitably offend someone in the other league....hence things get out of hand....
VMSL PLAYER..."FVSL PREMIER IS LIKE VMSL DIV 1 and Div 2"
FVSL..."Well then how come the province cup games are so close?"
VMSL PLAYER---"FVSL SUCKS.....BUNCH OF PIG FARMERS"
FVSL PLAYER RESPONSE---"YOU GUYS THINK YOU ARE A BUNCH OF PROS....GUYS WHO THINK THEY CAN STILL MAKE IT TO EUROPE"

And on......

:p

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you Gurps. Elegantly put.;)

AB, feel free to take the piss out of the FVSL guys. It's fun, although somewhat like arguing theoretical physics with a six year old:D

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kokanee had a few and thinks he knows what hes talking about

The FVSL premier is like the Div 1 VMSL. The VMSL premier is in a whole other category. But the the Richmond Premier is comparable to the VMSL premier.:D
Just my understanding

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Premier

How are you guys doing in that league Kokanee?
How does it compare to Div 1 CAT?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Interesting

So what will they do with all the extra teams....Let's say you have 10 Premier teams....So 10 Div 1 Cat teams....10 Div 2 Cat teams...Total equals 20 teams.....There are like 30 teams in Div 2 alone....not including Div 1....where will everyone go?

10+10+10=30, not 20, but let me explain.

14 Teams in Premier, each with a Div. 1 CAT team, a Div. 2 CAT, mabey even Div. 3 CAT, plus U-21 teams.

That would be 14+14+14+14+14=70 Teams
This would be like what the B.C. Rugby Unions have. One Club, with 4 or 5 teams, that are in Premier down to Div. 4.

The only problem with this is you start to get rid of some of the ethnic teams that don't have enough players to start a club system, and you lose the relegation/promotion aspect of local soccer.
Where a team could start in Div. 3 and slowly try to work up to Premier.

HOS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You also pretty much phase out the Imperial Cup.

TTP would then have one less pool to offer.

TTP doesn't like that.

Down with the CAT system!

:D

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs
You also pretty much phase out the Imperial Cup.

It has allready happened. Remember when the Imperial Cup started with over 100 teams and the upper divisions would be brought in as the rounds went on.
There was something like 11 rounds of Cup play.

Now it is only 32 teams, all the premier teams, most of the Div. 1 teams and a couple of Div. 2.

All the rest play in thier own Cups.

The VMSL has allready killed the Imperial Cup, whats next?

HOS

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Interesting

Originally posted by Hands of Stone

10+10+10=30, not 20, but let me explain.

HOS

I meant 10 premier teams.....
AND then 10 Div1 and Div2...which equals 20....NOT including Premier.....

As for the ethnic teams.....the "brown clubs" all have a club system as far as I know...
Temple has one...Indo has one.....Khalsa...I think they have one too....

Not sure bout teams like Croatia and Inter...etc

GURPSWONDERINGHOWHEISBECOMINGACAWITHOUTKNOWINGHOWTOCOUNT:D

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS and His New Proposal

HOS:

Is your proposal what the VMSL executive are trying to achieve? I mean this as a serious question as I certainly have no idea.

I don't mean the number of teams, only the elimination of relegation and promotion with all teams in clubs.

All I know is that when my team got the boot from Clan Alumni and I asked to put the entire same team in the relegation/promotion side and work our way back up to Div. 1, Willi Azzi told me that that would not be allowed. This was the case depite other members of the executive - Ruben Tremarco and Joe MacIntyre- both knowing we had a competitive div. 1 side. Ruben's words: 'we should have more teams like yours.'
Willi: 'find a club to be their CAT team or disband.'

If the ultimate goal is all club teams, then without relegation and promotion, how do you ensure quality teams which apparently is the CAT objective. Does Willi know where he is headed with this?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will answer, but I am no expert.

Gurps,

I was not talking about the Ethnic teams that you mentioned, that have large number of players to pick from to make the top teams very strong.

But teams like Ismalia in Div. 2, or Polska in Div. 2, or Serbia in Div. 1, or Bosna in Div. 2. These are the ethnic teams that have enough players for one mabey two teams, but that is as far as it will ever go. They will forever be in Div. 2, at times getting promoted, but never having success when promoted.

The ethnic teams that you talk of, can or do have very strong numbers to create the club system that I am talking about.

Look at the organizations that are based on Geography, Burnaby Canadians, Westside, or Slurrey.
They have a strong Club system, with youth coming up through the ranks, trying to work through the CAT System into the Top team.

Reccos

The example that you gave, shows you the motive of the VMSL and the move toward the CAT system. They will not add any new teams, they could even start to deny applications for teams looking to buy spots in the league that are held by other teams.
You can join the league, but you come in as a CAT team for a current team.
I think that Div. one teams will have to start developing this CAT system to Survive and try to get promoted.
You may even see Div. 1 and Div. 2 teams joining forces and creating Clubs based on Geography and/or ethnic bases.

Look at the power house Clubs that could be formed by say the Italians with the two ICSF teams (Inter and Milan).
Or the quality Club that could be formed by the "Brown Teams".

A big problem with it all is the politics. So teams stay as individual teams, and don't join forces to make a Club.

HOS

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Changes

Point taken Hos....you are right about teams like Serbia...Bosnia...etc...

As for brown teams....I couldn't see many mergers happening....
However....if the whole format of the league changed....teams may have no choice....
Neighbourhood Clubs and ethnic teams would have the best chance of surviving.....I agree
Hence, this may work out good for all the "brown teams out there"
As long as they all have a spot in Premier:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Changes

Hence, this may work out good for all the "brown teams out there"
As long as they all have a spot in Premier:D

I don't think that will happen, even though they may have good teams, to get promoted and also stay is a different story.

I think that Indo has a very good chance of going up, but Fireman will make it difficult for them.

As for Temple, they need a big win this weekend vs. Clan, to make it a tight race in the second half.

It is going to be close in both races.

As for one Club, I guess all the Politics that go with India at Nations Cup, that it would be tough to join forces and start the Super Brown Club System.

HOS

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Super Brown HOS

HOS:

Politics is a huge issue to keep teams from merging. Also, some teams may be a group of guys who simply want to play together regardless of promotion (play first to avoid relegation and don't worry about going up).

That seems precisely what the VMSL are opposed to. I also recall Willi telling me that clubs will improve the over quality of soccer in Canada, blah, blah, blah. When I mentioned this to a Premier team manager who had no CAT team (not Sapperton), his response was that what they were doing had nothing to do with the overall development of the game. They worried only about club.

By the way, you outline the VMSL thinking so well, maybe you should be on the executive!

Shagaholic

Sep 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Change of Pace...

I never knew that the "brown banter" thread could actually be interesting!!!

Finally some worthwhile conversation!:cool:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
New League

Could this changing of the VMSL force some teams to other leagues like Richmond Premier? This has happened with some brown teams that couldn't get spots in VMSL. If some of the better teams in this league do not get a club system started don't be surprised to see a new league maybe pop up for old VMSL teams to go to. Just a thought....any opinions?:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0