Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadian Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Twas the Night before the best day in the last 11 years...

Balls,

"The Night before Christmas" analogy is perfect! My buddies and me were discussing the impact of this game the other day, and the topic came up: which is better- this or the Stanley Cup? I can say with all honesty that this means more to me. A victory tomorrow can do more than just ignite a week long party in the streets…it can be the shot in the arm our Province and Country need right now. A little National Pride never hurt anyone.

Having worked on occasion in the States, having worked for various American Companies, and being a rep for US made products, I get a lot of exposure to the US culture and it’s people. I have a different perspective than most; I have a great deal of respect for our neighbors, and some good friends down there. One thing I have always envied about the US is their National Pride. They are boastful of they’re country, while quite often it seems “Canadians” are either embarrassed for their country or take more pride in the heritage of their parents than the country in which they were born. To those people, I wholeheartedly say, “Get the hell out of MY COUNTRY!”

We should be proud and boastful about Canada! We live in one of the greatest Democracies in the world, and one of the safest countries. We have the freedoms of speech, religion, and culture. We have the freedom of peaceful protest. We have an abundance of natural resources, endless outdoors, and breathtaking natural beauty. We live in a country where a person can make his or her dreams come true, with just a little bit of elbow grease. Most of the world’s population can’t make the same claim. Canada is considered to be the most desirable country to live in the world!

On a few occasions, I have had the opportunity to move permanently to the US for work, and even back to my wife’s native Fiji to start a business. In all cases, the decision was easy: I can’t leave BC, or Canada. Yes, in the U.S. I would probably pay half the taxes I do now. In Fiji, we would probably live a more lavish lifestyle…but where else would I rather live where I can pursue my active lifestyle every weekend (Mountain biking on the North Shore on Saturdays, soccer on Sundays, and something every evening of the week)? Where else can I live where my kids can grow up relatively safe (the right to bear arms is insanity!), while still being provided with endless opportunities to pursue their dreams? My wife’s parents moved here when she was 7 years old, and her dad worked in a Sawmill (under the table) to save enough money to buy a house. In the process, he lost 4 fingers to the saw, but couldn’t take time off because he had 4 kids (he has 8 total) to support and wasn’t entitled to compensation. They basically left everything behind- including a Government job- to become Canadian citizens. Out of his 8 kids, 6 are Canadian citizens and positive, contributing members of our society. He says he moved because his children wouldn’t have the same opportunity in Fiji as they would in Canada. My in-laws did everything they could to put food on the table until their debts were paid. Now they own they’re own house in Surrey and are living debt free, albeit modestly. They’re the most successful people I know.

Sorry for the long, sappy story. I love Canada, and we all need to be thankful to this country for the opportunities available to us. Hockey is our National game, and it has drawn us all together as a country time and time again. We are the best because we are the most passionate. I am already as proud as I can possibly be of both of our hockey teams in Salt Lake. To me, it doesn’t matter right now what happens…but I know they’re bringing home the Gold!

Final score: Canada-5, USA-2.

GO CANADA GO!!!

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dude

All i gotta say is touching very touching
it really brings your the other side of you hahahah jk
i hear where you are coming from

oilers

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a buzz around Steveston.....

I just drove back from a workout and the Buck is basically full at 11:00. There truly is a buzz around the streets of Steveston and it is not for the fresh fish that just arrived in.

Go Canada!

Captain Canuck who is heading around to the Buck right now

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoooooooooo!

A quote by Don Cherry:

No illegal goals by ex-canadians. We're the best, and we always will be the best.

Very proud to be Canadian.:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boooyahhhhhh

They fcuking hammered the Yanks in ALL aspects of the game. Brodeur looked uncomfortable throughout the game but the defense played brilliant. Joe Sakic is the best player in the world right now. He does everything well.

Fcuk the Yanks. Of course, I am gutted because I didn't put a lot of money on CAnada(only a $17 bet)to win the tourney but I must admit, I was concerned after that 2 man advantage went down the drain and the Yanks tied it up. Anyway, well done to our Team Canada, both the men and the dykes.

BTW, do you think Ken Hitchcokc was looking for Benedict Hull in this photo? I love it.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah Baby

What a great game,the Canadians dominated from the first whistle right to the end.What a great feeling to see those cokcy Americans in defeat.This will shut up all the critics about us being the best hockey country in the world:D

As TheRob said,very proud to be Canadian:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's our game

Fcuking Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just did a walk up and down Robson Street... Downtown is bedlam right now.

How fcuking magic was the last minute of the game when the crowd started singing Oh Canada? Brought a tear to my eye, well, more than one :D

Very fcuking proud to be a Canuck right now,

~TBwhowantstoknowwhoisgoingdowntowntonight.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Number one in olympic hockey, number one in the hearts of all Canadians

What a great ending to a great tournament. The most satisfying moment was seeing that ****y, annoying, piece of shite, Bill Guerin with a look of disbelieve after the game. It made my day.

The Juntas in the middle of Robson and the girls flashing their titties made the day a hell of a lot better too.:D :D :D :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titties at the Buck too

Dana was working today and wearing a revealing low cut white t-shirt.MMMMMMM Boobies. Fcuking tremendous.

Guerin's look was classic. They are all a bunch of arrogant pricks and deserved to lose.

BTW, another classy touch by the Russians today. There was no one present for the medal presentation, at least not that I noticed. Fcuking Commies.

Boris Shamrock

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know, other countries have the right to play OUR game. They have a right to love OUR game. They have a right to profit from OUR game. But they have no right to stake any claim on OUR game. That's just the way it is.

What a great day and I still have a buzz going. :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Encore

CBC is showing the game again starting right now...

~TBwhothoughtitwassogoodhe'swatchingitagainalready.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OH CANADA!!!

Who would have guessed a 5-2 score?:rolleyes:

No questionable goals. Big hits. Few penalties. No controversies. A good old fashion ass whuppin'!

I hope everyone out there who's been saying Canadians have no skill was watching today. That was- without a doubt- the best game of the tourney. Open skating, nice plays, emotion...the Yanks still have a bit to learn if they want to master OUR game!

Very, very proud to be Canadian today. Watched at Sammy J Peppers (big tits there, too) with my wife, son, and best friend. We were singing the anthem along with the live crowd in the last minute, waving flags...my son (2-1/2 yrs) has even started chanting, "CANADA...CANADA" every time he sees the flag or hears the word on TV! Too bad I can't be downtown tonight...I can only imagine the atmosphere!
:cool: :D :cool: :D :eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best thing seeing it the second time around again besides the anthem in the last minute... Gretzky jumping up in the stands after Iginla scored the fourth yelling "Fcuk Yeah!" and shaking his fists at the Canadian bench... Raw emotion at it's best.

~TBstill'stoked'dude.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How am I going to watch the Canuck game tomorrow?

How bad is the hockey going to look after that game? They should do this every other year.

How could Sakic be the only Canadian on the all-star team?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TB

"FCUK YEAH"!!!
That was an absolute classic!!!;)

"Can you hear the Yankees sing, NO!!! NO!!! Can you hear the yankees sing, NO!!! NO!!! Can you hear the yankees sing, I can't hear a fcuking thing!!! NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

GO CANADA GO!!! :D :D

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Much sadness

Well done, Canada.:)

You kicked our collective asses. I was in Seattle last night and we were as into the game as you undoubtedly were. When the fourth Canadian goal went in, our hearts sank.:( We never said a word for the rest of the game and quietly turned off the T.V. after the medal presentations. We were outworked, outskilled, outhit, and lastly, outclassed. (Did anyone read Herb Brooks' whining comment about getting a tougher draw?):mad:

It truly is - CANADA'S GAME.

Funny thing is, I thought Richter was our best player, despite letting in 5 goals.

See you in Italy.;)

Yankee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0