Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadian Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Appitiser

Well said... your smart... can I be like you...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
We all know Jovo takes chances, but don't you think it's because he tries abit too much as he is playing with lesser talent??? Now he is showing how good he really is and displaying his skills among the words elit D-men!!!
For a defenceman, how can you argue with his skills and ability??? (ie) size, speed, touch and passion!!! (to name a few):rolleyes:

GuinnesswouldliketothankACMforcomingoutthisSunday;) ;)

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jovo

I guess he tries to much when he is in Vancouver because he is playing with lesser talent but all I was trying to get at was that if he played like he was playing in Vancouver before Christmas at the Olympics he would have been a bad choice. I cannot argue with his ability because he is a great player but sometimes he does not have the mind of one. He should play like this even if he is playing with weaker talent but I am glad he is helping team Canada and hopefully his good play will continue.

TAwouldliketoknowifguinnesswillbesniffingthepitchonSunday?;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty soon there's gonna be a Jovo-Thread

The biggest question I have though, and I know someone brought it up earlier, is what's up with Lindros. He didn't look all that upset on the bench but he didn't look all that happy either. The only two reasons I can think of that he was benched is either (1) injury, or (2) not following the game plan. Frankly, I can't imagine any players of this calibre not sticking to their job, so it must be an injury. But to what extent?

Then again, maybe his Mom has been demanding that he be traded. :rolleyes:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Bob Mckenzie said that when Lindros was hurt Pat Quinn gave Peca his spot with Smyth and Nolan and he played well so he just kept him on that line moving Joe Niewendyk into Peca's old spot. No one really knows if Lindros is either hurt or just playing the shites. He seems to be hurt because he tends to be backing out of hits and looked out of place on the ice.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Straight from the Province report card

Keeper

The Big E is hurt.Missed four shifts in the second period and didn't play at all in the third

I red all the Olympic articles and not once does it mention anything about Lindros:confused:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lindros

Word is that Lindros was Benched! In the third period and up a goal they decided to give Peca a regular spot! As Peca is the 13 forward he is the odd man out to start the game.......

This just in.......Russia is threatening to pull out of the Olympics over some Cross Country Skier!!!!!!!!

Comments????

John

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peca shouldn't have been the odd man out in the first place. He has played well all tournament. Just wondering if anybody knows who was on the Joe Sakic line last night besides Gagne?

Re: the Russians
International Olympic Committee president Jacques Rogge and the Russian team are expected to hold a news conference at midnight ET.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go Canada Go

The ladies are up 1-0 at the end of the first.The ref who happens to be American has called everything on the Canadians trying to even it up.They've been 2 ladies down twice already.How can they have an American ref in the finals between the 2.That should never be allowed.

Go Canada Go

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oops! Jimmy beat me to the punch!

GO CANADIAN CARPETMUNCHERS GO!!! GO CANADIAN CARPETMUNCHERS GO!!! GO CANADIAN CARPETMUNCHERS GO!!! GO CANADIAN CARPETMUNCHERS GO!!!

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done ladies

They were by far the dominant team on the ice and are well deserved of the gold medal.St pierre played great as did Wickenheiser,a great team effort.Loved it when the flag was being raised while our anthem was playing.They played against 7 players the whole game cuz the ref was whistling everything against the Canadians.

Now,when the men bring home the gold,we will secure our spot as the most dominating hockey country in the world.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A softie?

I must be becoming a softie in my old age. I had a few tears well up in my eyes after the Canadian Pie-Lickers beat the American Pie-Lickers. Seriously, that was a fcuking disgrace to have an American official reffing that final match. Nice touch by the Americans to put Canada's flag in the middle of their dressing room floor. Of course, they weren't allowed to walk over it. :rolleyes:

Fcuking Yanks

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadian Carpet Munchers Rule!!!

I must admit, seeing the Canadian flag being raised in a hockey rink, then hearing the anthem was the highlight of my week. Until tomorrow, about 1:00 PM.:D

Every time I see that I get a lump in my throat. Ok...so Dude's a softie...now fcuk off!!!

I have a very strange feeling about our men's team...it is our destiny. First Sweden being sent home, then the defending champs...time to re-claim our place atop the hockey world.:cool:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not in this thread partner.

This just in.......Russia is threatening to pull out of the Olympics over some Cross Country Skier!!!!!!!!

Comments????
Not here please. Canadian Hockey team stuff only.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Way to go... erum.. Ladies?

Anyone catch a look at some of the Swedish team.... Yeesh! No wonder the Sedins decided to sign with the Canucks.....:rolleyes:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
why aren't the

Sedins just as bad?

Two big heeds, and kind of "Beekerish" looks, like in the other thread "predictions" mmmmmm

Okay, the gals were well composed tonight. I am impressed that they didn't joke about this time. For crap sakes, you should have heard the guy on the radio coverage called the ref "him & he" about a million times. It was fricken funny.;)

Canada on a high? Let's just ask the Apprentice - "YES" -thanks for your input Appy over to you CHERRY

+SCiscladthatthewomensteppeditupandstucktoplanA-trueCanadianasswhippin'

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where to watch?

OK...I know this isn't quire the appropriate thread, but WHO CARES? I'M WILD MAN! OUT OF CONTROL!

So, I decided that country is more important than work for today, and I'm making the pilgrimage downtown (no easy task for me right now, not being able to drive for a while). Where is everyone watching the game? Is there an impromptu TTP event? Suggestions on good hockey watching venues?

How about Hailey Lickenhauser's comments? "They had our flag on their floor, and now I'd like to know if they want us to sign it!":D

Why they would use a 12 year old boy to ref a Gold Medal game, I'll never understand...

:eek:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SWEET

A Gold medal is a Gold medal!!! And the ladies werefull value for it!!!:D

Dude, Boston Pizza (5 Road & Steveston, Ditchmond) they have 3 big screens and specials on pints!!!;) A few of the good old SU lads will be there!!!:p

GuinnessdreamingofmoreGOLD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0