Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadian Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goalie status

Brodeur starts today vs the Czechs with Belfour back-up. Joseph is not even dressing.

Yours in watching too much TV today,

~TB.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This new wave of nervous and negative Canadian fans isn't something to give the ol' backhanded "turncoat" response to.

We're the ones loudly promoting our hockey talent with those inane beer commercials where opposing countries go into different levels of shock upon hearing they have to play big, bad Canada. Or showing 67 different bar scenarios where Canada is in the gold medal match and the entire nation sits on edge. Howabout a commercial where several plaid-wearing beer-swillers sit in silence while the Swedes snap off tape-to-tape passes during their 5-2 rout of Team Unstoppable?

If you're gonna talk the talk, you'd better walk the walk. Sadly, walking is pretty much all McInnis has done in the first two games thus far. Seriously though, if you promote yourself as an Olympic powerhouse 2 months prior to the tournament actually kicking off, you can't just turn the page and start coming up with awful excuses (no red-line, lack of chemistry, round-robin games don't mean anything) when things go badly.

Is it too early to panic? Probably. But without questioning the powers that be, or openly critizing what has been a brutal display of hockey so far, we enter into the continual stigma where despite not winning anything significant on the international level, we still feel we're the team to beat in World Hockey. And that's just not the case, anymore.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's your label Sensei

You're a fcuking turncoat too! So there! Wait until the games count for something before wasting space with long "National Hockey Inquiry" type posts.

continual stigma

WTF? These are the HOCKEY threads man. Keeper doesn't read these posts. Besides, you have to make sure the Apprentice can understand you...

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

Sidekick???:confused: do you really need one???:confused: I tell ya what, I'll keep flag waving (because we will prevail) and laugh at all the muppets (A.K.A.) TURNCOATS!!!

GO CANADA GO!!!

Guinnesscan'twaituntilWednesday7:15pm!!!;) ;)

ps. Dude keep up the good banter... I've got a bet with my Yankee mate Smiles on finishing ahead of the wannabe Canadians!!! (ie) Deadmarsh and Hull:D

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Great One

The great one snapped last night which is out of the ordinary for him.Do you guys think he's frustrated with the teams play up to this point or is he just trying to light a fire under the boys butts.They looked very good last night and are prime to bring home the GOLD.

Jovo is not looking out of place at all out there,his speed on the big ice is a huge advantage for him.It seems as though things happen when he's on the ice.

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah i think jovo is really giving it all and things are starting to happen when he is on the ice

I think wayne is just sick and tried of the media and i would be too :mad: :mad:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wayne's outburst

Wayne's outburst last night is being compared to Esposito's of 72' in the media. I don't know if I would go that far but I can see it in a way.

Comments?

john

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Gretzky

My hat goes off to the Great One... the passion he displayed last night was over the top!!! How can anyone argue that he hasn't done (and continues) everything in his power to lead Canada to Gold??? His frustration at the U.S. media in regards to their constant quest for a negative story (even when one is not there) about his Hockey Team and his Nation are actually being displayed!!! Gretz has never been one to let his emotions (other than 88' trade to LA) or frustrations get the better of him... he is a true gentleman in every sense of the word and for him to have such an outburst at such a crutial time for his Team can only mean one thing... Motivation at its finest!!!
Bravo Mr. Gretzky, BravfcukingO:cool: :cool:

GO CANADA GO!!!

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wayne

Well firstly, we helped the Europeans get rich by letting them play in are league and then one week out of the year they decide to bad mouth us play dirty and maybe its time for us canadas to start taking arms to the eurpeans as they have to US!

* this isnt for all Eurpeans but a big group of them *

I think Wayne Did a great Job adressing this WAY TO GO WAYNE

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes but.....

I agree that is was typical Wayner, and was brilliant, but would you compare it to Esposito's tirade of 72' in Vancouver?

Lets just hope that the lads with skates on have half as much emotion as Wayne did last night for the rest of the tourny, cause anything less won't get it done!

I read the paper and it said that Lindros was a force.........I thought the exact opposite! If anyone should have seen less of the ice as a forward it would have been him.

John

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada

If anything this should make the Canadians want to win more and let the other countries know they are a threat and should be watchen !@!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pronger should be Pronged

He has been terrible on the D-Line in this tourney, I don't think the big ice surface suits him one bit.

Jovo however, has been a force, seeing lots of powerplay time and not looking out of place with the big boys at all.

Sad note, Jovo's stock in rising, along with the money he will want in the future, this tourney will really put him on the map.

Look out Selanie, Nolan is going to hit you so hard, you may wish you were still a Duck.

HOSlikesSweds,notFins:mad:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Compare the Big D-men

I must have had some lerb at lunch.

Good luck vs Slurry this weekend, don't let them go a man down or you are in trouble.

HOSfriendofACM

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
addressing the issues

1) I am not a turncoat. I want more than anything for Canada to bring home the gold and piss all over the Czechs, Ruskies, Finns and Swedes. And the bloody Yanks. There's a big difference between jumping off the bandwagon and simply being critical or questioning the moves of a team you have followed closely and are interested in. That's all I was doing. Since Dude Where'sMyCommonSense seems to be unofficially running the TTP Olympic Hockey discussions, I hve been improperly labelled as a "turncoat", when all I really am is a shite-disturber at best. I thought from day one that the ads and proclimations that Canada was the team to beat were a bad strategy, and now it shows.

2) Gretz. Very impressive use of the media to his advantage. For someone who devoted a press conference to show his anger and frustration with the current situation surrounding his team and olympic reporters, he should be thanking his lucky stars the media is paying as much attention to him as they are. Without 45 microphones and television cameras in his face, that tirade last night is nothing more than a cranky GM pissing on everything in sight. Now, its being compared to the passoinate Espy speech in '72, all of North America is buzzing about it, and you can damn well be sure that Team Canada has heard the rallying cry. Gretz is a smart, smart man.

3)McInnis is shite. He still looks like the most immobile and useless defender Canada has. He's devoid of any acceleration or speed, his passing out of his own end looks average at best, and he's not checking hard or hitting like some of his counterparts (Blake has taken the body well all tournament; Neidermayer has done an excellent job of tying up opposing forwards and chasing down speedy Euros). Until he gets his slapshot off in the slot, he's gonna be a liability rather than an asset.

Sorry if this is too long. I can send someone from Sylvan over to Dude's place of employment to help sound out the big words.
-Sensei.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jovo has played well, not only solid defensively but he has been smart with the puck. He has only seen limited ice time so hopefully he will get to play more and contribute on the offensive end where we all know he can shine.

TAfriendofBCFC
HOSfriendofjunta;)

dudethinkheisrunningtheshowinherebuttheapprenticeistopdawg

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hanson

Your ranting and raving just sounds like some senseless drivil coming from the mouth of one of your brothers!!! "Get me a grape or an Orange, and none of that stinking rootbeer" or how about this one; "I'm listening to the fcuking song" (that was a classic) anyway TURNCOAT stop picking appart every little thing Canada does and I might stop calling you a Turncoat!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GO CANADA GO!!!

Guinnesslovesquotingslapshot;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gretz. Very impressive use of the media to his advantage
Unfortunately he didn't show a very impressive use of self-censorship: "crock of crap". Next time, don't hold back, Wayne. Just say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0