Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadian Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus Sensei !

Just ignore the Canadian Olympic Hockey Taleban.

This is a free country,..isn't it?

Ps,..In his tirade, Gretzky said it was okay for Canadians to criticize the team but not anyone else. I suppose that makes Gretzky a turn-coat then.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei Turncoat

Boy…leave the office for a day and look what happens!

1. Sensei- Easy there Simba! I was just TTP out of you to get your blood boiling. Wanted to see if you’d show your true colors. Besides, it was more a slag directed to our resident starving student, Keeper. My point is this: I am not prepared to criticize our boys until the games count. We have the best overall mix, bar NONE. The only one or two players that are missing are Joe Thorton or Derek Morris. We have great leadership, and we have great youth. Let’s see what happens when the money is on the line. I’m very happy to see you have a Maple Leaf tattooed to your ass.

2. Advertising- Team Canada didn’t produce the ads, so don’t call it part of their strategy. Even if the team asked Labatt’s to pull those ads, they wouldn’t because they sell beer with those ads. Don’t confuse beer sales with Pat Quinn’s strategy.

3. Gretzky- Brilliant! That ’72 speech is famous because it galvanized a team, and brought the nation together…he had everyone pulling in the same direction while getting their backs up about the Russians. I wasn’t alive for the ’72 speech by Espo, but it is jarring. I don’t know about you, but Gretzky’s press conference sent chills up my spine. I think it is part brilliant timing, but a lot of emotion. For Canada to win, they need to develop a hate-on for the other teams and their players…leave all friendships at the door. I think he accomplished that. I think the guys are now in the “Do what it takes to win” mode. They’ve been practicing all week, now it is time to get serious. I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see Peca do something a la Booby Clarke to help our boys win!

4. Defense- Jovo: making things happen and showing he belongs. McInnis: either score one from the blue line or break an ankle with your shot, and I’ll feel a whole lot better!

Fired up? You bet your beaver!

Yours with Hooked on Phonics,

Dude.
:cool:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Labatts???

Dude, wake up all of these nae sayers are confusing you and forcing you to mix up your words!!! Doesn't MOLSON make the ads for I AM CANADIAN!!! :rolleyes:

ps. Hanson ignore Jinky he is a Commie spy!!!:eek:

GuinnessiscountingdowntheminutesGO CANADA GO!!!:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually couldn't remember the advertiser, only the themes. I do know they were beer ads. There are the other ones too, like Coke (I like those ones), and the cell phone ads (those too).

The beer ads are pretty ****y though. I don't think the others are out of line...because that is exactly what it will be like WHEN Canada plays in the finals!!!

Who else is working at the Shark Club today?;)

GO CANADA GO!!!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

It's now do or die and the top players will come to play... If Canada comes out with Heart and intensity I feel sorry for the Fins;) That said,
Canada 5 Finland 2 (Kariya with the hat):D
Usa 5 Germs 1 (The Yanks are getting over confident):)
Sweden 4 Belawho's 1 (Nazy with a pair and Ohlund Big hits);)
Ruskies 3 Checkers 1 (Hamrlik trips over the invisible red line and breaks his leg):mad:

GO CANADA GO!!!

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
canada

I never heard who is starting in goal is it martin?? and who is backing him up???

I think tonight canada will be a different team then before just to prove that canada is a threat to the europeans and for them to hang on to there balls and keep there heads up or they wont have them anymore:) :) :)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ride King Martin all the Way

He is the best puck handler out of the 3 keepers, and he has played good in his two starts.

Cujo should back him up, with Eddie "pay you a million dollars" in the stands.

Canada has to hit the Fins top line early, and put three good periods together, and they should find themselves in the Semi's.

Where is the best place in the City to watch Canada play, CBC has a camera at Gretz's in TO, I wonder why.

HOSwatchinggameattheIN-Law'stonight:(

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brodeur

I didn't think that Marty's puck handling would be as big an advantage as it has been so far............but if the Canadians stand the Finns up and make them dump it in he can lead the transition game which is huge on this ice surface........It will be even bigger if we play the Americans as the dump and chase is there style!

I think we will win tonight...........without too much trouble but I hope that we keep it in check! The Swedes are on fire and we will need something special to beat them..........

The dream final is vs the States........

John

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Swedes?

You mean Belarus right? They're leading Sweden 2 - 1 in the second right now. Wouldn't that be sweet.

TRwho'smadthatKellyLawsrinkjustlosttoBritaininthesemis.:(

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you fcuking believe it!?!?!?

Let's hope this isn't a sign of things to come tonight!

4-3 final Belarus.

~TB.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cool Stat

Canadian Team Salary for 2001-2002 : $118.5 million
U.S.A: $97.2
Russia: $ 57
Czechs : $50.7
Swedes: $44.7
Finns: $32.7

Belarus: PRICELESS

thisoneisforyouHOS;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What it Costs to Buy Gold

Sounds like a visa ad.

Hockey Gold for Canada = 118 million

More than one wife in Salt Lake City = free

HOSwould'nt wantmorethanoneLJ;)

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you don't know now you Know

Belarus vs Winner of Canada/ Finland

Winner of Czechs/Russia vs Winner of USA/Germany

therobthinksheistherockbutisgonnagetanotherlegdrop...brotha

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Young Padiwan.

youjuntasmokingcowdungsniffingillegalpassportcarryingstinkingsteamingpileofmonkeydung!:mad:

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GAME

What A Fcuken game the end was a bit scary; had me on the edge of my sit but they pulled through i thought they should have won 6-1!

They really are starting to look like a hockey team

Keep up the good WORK!@!@!:cool: :rolleyes: :D

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
paddy quinn

Takes a good IRISH LAD to do the job(QUINNS GREAT CANADIAN ARMY)nolan ,shanny,BLAKE
GOLD-CANADA-GOLD
GOLD-CANADA-GOLD
bella fcuking who

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 Stars

The daft fcuks that e-mail in their selections are retards!!!
The Fin keeper had to be #1 star!!!:rolleyes: if not for him Canada would have scored at least 6 goals before the third period!!!:mad:my #2 star was Jovocop... ;) his mobiltiy and passing are a huge asset to the Canadian Blueline!!!Last night he was hitting everything!!!:D #3 star goes to Brodeur for keeping cool in an unorganised final 10 minutes where the Fins were applying loads of pressure... he had nothing to do for two and a half periods and then it was like Canada stoped skating and the Fins wanted the puck more...
The end result we will take, but if Canada had of burried their early chances it would have been Fin-ished before the third period began!!! Ya gotta love the heart of these guys, getting better every game!!!:D

Prediction: Canada 5 WhiteRussians 0 (scoring outbreak);)

GO CANADA GO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0