Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadian Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada 2 - 1 Finland

I didn't think it was the prettiest game to watch, but we'll take it. Jovonovski looked great. Lindros looked like shite, and I'm glad Quinn benched him. Does anyone know if he is hurt, or if it was because he sucked? Don't get c**ky and look past Belarus. They did beat Sweden.:eek: What a shitty time for the game though(11:00am)Guess I won't be doing much work tomorrow;)

How sweet it is.:cool:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness hits the Spot

Good call on the three stars, cold and creamy one, the on-line picks is a joke.

JOVO is skating and hitting, the pen. agianst Ruttu was a brutal if the hit on Pronger is not a pen.

Kayria and Lemieux are great together, hint to Mario, spend some money to bring Kayria to Pit., you and him would light up the league.

Still in shock about Sweden and Belarus, but it is the best for Can. so lets move on to the other Semi on Fri.

US vs Russia is going to be a cracker with the best keeper, putting their team in the Gold medal game.

HOSfeelsshameforNasyandOhlund

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not many of my customers were pleased to find me answering my phone from the Shark Club yesterday. Great hockey day! Very unhealthy on the stomach, but great day nonetheless!

Belarus? I read this morning that they only have something like 800 registered hockey players! I bet I could put together a team of Surrey’s finest Major Junior players and beat that team! Whoever was running Sweden’s bench (Anders Headberg???) got severely out-coached. Sweden can play that team 20 times and perhaps only lose once! Always good to see the underdogs win. Better Sweden than us!

How about Adam Foot??? I had my doubts about him being able to keep up, but he showed why he is considered by many to be a premier defenseman in the NHL. Very pleased for Jovo…his passion makes him such a great player. I’ll take his gambling tendencies any day in exchange for the heart!

The US will be in very tough to get any goals tomorrow with the way Khabi-alphabetman stoned the Czechs. The Russians kept everything to the outside…the Columbus Bluejackets play a more exciting brand of hockey than that.

Predictions:

Russia-2, USA-1
Canada-4, Belawhos-1

GO CANADA GO!!! GO CANADA GO!!! GO CANADA GO!!! GO CANADA GO!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Proud to be a Canadian

I'm always proud but yesterday especially when i was standing in my neighbourhood pub and heard everyone singing our anthem.The patriotism that was running throuh the pub was electrifying.They looked really good and totally deserved that win.Jovo is definately their best defenceman out there and is getting a huge amount of ice time in crucial times.Jovo and Blake are destructing everything in their sights,they look good together(hoping Lacroix is not watching that too closely).I predict a Canada ,Russia final with the Canadians taking home the gold of course.

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy

I agree with you I think Jovo Was one of the strongest players out there last night and quinn used him in important plays !

But i didnt agree with the refen on the hit with jovo and ruutu
ruutu turned his back to jovo at the last mintue but i guess you cant have everything, we will take the win :D

Rugby : A sport played by Gentleman

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Proud to be a Canadian

Originally posted by Jimmy Holiday
I'm always proud but yesterday especially when i was standing in my neighbourhood pub and heard everyone singing our anthem.The patriotism that was running throuh the pub was electrifying.They looked really good and totally deserved that win.Jovo is definately their best defenceman out there and is getting a huge amount of ice time in crucial times.Jovo and Blake are destructing everything in their sights,they look good together(hoping Lacroix is not watching that too closely).I predict a Canada ,Russia final with the Canadians taking home the gold of course.

So Jimmy, you're going to be a proud Italian when the Italians win the World Cup of Soccer?:confused:

It's all or nothing for Canada. I just hope they can play right through this time and not lose steam in the 3rd (I don't have any nails left to bite):eek:

On a side note - Go CANADA Women GO

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I Am Canadian

SC

Last time I looked at my passport it does say that my nationality is Canadian,so why wouldn't I be proud of MY COUNTRY

So Jimmy, you're going to be a proud Italian when the Italians win the World Cup of Soccer?

Well if Canada was ever in the World Cup,i would definately cheer for them but seeing that I'll probably never see them there in my lifetime I'm hoping that it's ok with you that I become a proud Canadian/Italian when the World Cup rolls around.

And to stay on topic,the Women will snap the USA's undefeated streak,bringing home the Gold.The Canadians were heavy favourites in Nagano and the Americans beat them so this time the roles will be reversed.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent move by Pat Quinn to sit Lindros ( unless he was hurt). Finally Gagne, Smyth and Iginla showed us why they deserve to be on the team. Gagne played a hell of a game setting up Sakics first goal, while Smyth and Iginla mucked it up all game and went to the net hard.

The play by Paul Kariya to set up Yzerman's goal was amazing. He went to the net hard took a defender with him and allowed Mario to make a pass only he could have made.

Shouts out to JovoCop, not really a big fan of his but he has limited his mistakes and has defenitely proved that he deserves to be on the ice with the best in the world.

SC, please don't come in here and start getting off topic. Thanks.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who are you kidding

Apprentice do you remember this post???:( (back on Dec 11th))
Who the fcuk is Ed Jovanoski? He doesn't deserve to be on the olympic team. He has average offensive numbers but the guy has been scary all year on defense. He's given the puck away more than Dana Murzyn.
sounds like something you would say now isn't it???:mad: and now you are claiming Jovo's O.K.:rolleyes:Hmmm must be a Hab fan :eek:
Lesson for Mr. Hockey Admin himself : Never post negative assumptions about somebody just because you don't like him!!! He might have to make you look like a muppet!!!:D

GuinnessthinksJovoisonlyprovinghisskilltothenaesayers!!!

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last nights best.....

I would say that the best Dman last night was Foote! I think he blocked more shots than Cujo did vs the Swedes. Sakic was the best forward.........great move putting him on a line where he is the go to guy!

I can already here the Americans and Russians excuse.........." we had a much tougher road to the gold medal game as opposed to the Canadians"..........I am sure that is what the American media is and will be saying too!

Any comments on Cherry during this whole thing? I think he has been great and just what people want to hear and see, as opposed to the regular season. But during his rant last night he mentioned that Canadians were getting on Gretzky for his outburst.........is this true?

John

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Figured an Idiot would speak out

Guinness,
Anybody that knows anything about Jovo Cop knows that Ed Jovanoski is a liability on the blue line. He has so much potential but he always seems to have problems realizing that he is a defenceman not a forward. When I posted that Comment on Dec.11, Ed Jovanoski was playing terrible. Everybody was carving him for his defensive play in Vancouver and he was being made to look stupid by the likes of Pavel Datsyuk and Mike Ribeiro. He has a tendancy to hold on to the puck to much and seems to cough it up in his own end. This olympics he has learned that if he tries to be a hero against the best in the world they will capitalize on his mistakes. So he has smartened up and has not tried to overdue himself and he has been rewarded with more ice-time. When he plays smart he deserves to be on the ice with the best but before the olympics he was playing like shite and would have been ripped apart at Salt Lake if he kept it up.

Lesson to Mr. Leperchaun Look-a-like, I just made you look like a muppet!!! Get-It.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now you're talkin' nonesense

Anybody that knows anything about Hockey . . . knows that Ed Jovanoski is a liability on the blue line.
And what is it exactly that Gretzky doesn't know about?

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jovo

Guinness

I for one, love the way Jovo has played in the Olympics and had been playing for the Nucks but at times he does have the tendecies to rush things and take some costly chances.His role was probably firmly stated to him by the Canadian Brass to be a more stay at home d-man.I beleive that he is doing what they want and thus making him by far more effective then when he does take all those chances.With him being that rock on the blueline,his minutes have been increasing every game and is getting some well deserved power play minutes.

The Apprentice does have some valid points which are not surfacing in the Olympics because he(Jovo) is doing what he does best,play a hard nosed style of hockey.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are a Hab Fan, Don't talk about JOVO

TeddyTA

Jovo is still very young in defensman years, he is going to be a big star and this Olympics is really putting him on the Map.

He may gamble at times, but he is smart about it, and he is a strong enough skater to recover most of the time.

He is a great hitter, and has soft hands around the net too.

HOSpoliceloveJOVOcop

TA, a Nucks fan takes alot of abuse, so when you insult a Canuck that is at the Olympics and is playing well, you may piss-off a few people.

I still fancy ACMoverSlurry

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper go cheer for Germany in the Consolation round, shithead. Gretzky knows that when Jovonoski plays with the puck in his own end, and gets cautious racing the puck up the ice he becomes a liability. About a month before the olympics Gretzky was on TSN and he said how Jovo is a little too offensive minded at times and he needs to be more careful with the puck in his own end, especially at the Olympics. But, he also said he brings a physical presence which was needed and at the right times he is able to bring the puck up the ice just as well as any other d-man in the NHL. So........ummmmm....fcuk off.

HOS, whatever buddy...you and the HOS police need to take that Sweden jersey and jump off a bridge.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS, a canuck fan takes alot of abuse? How about a Habs fan?
ya I forgot it comes with the territory. I could care less about Jovonoski, I like most people just want to see Team Canada win, and when Jovo comes back after all this great exposure and demands millions on millions when his contract is up and the Canucks can't afford him , I hope all of you have positive things to say about him.:rolleyes:GO ED GO.....BRING HOME THE GOLD

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have we even won ONE Cup

TA

A bunch of off topic jibberish followed by this:

You cherish the times that one of your players can even make the Olympic team, not to mention Play well.

Look out if he scores in the Gold Medal game:eek:

HOSdon'tgetmestartedonBurnabyJoe

ihavenevertalkedjibberishabouttopicsinmylifeandicantbelievethatthatjerkthrobwouldeditoneofmypostsandforcemetowritesomerealjibbeishlikethisandforcepeopletotryandreadthisstupidstuffthatiamwritingwhenreallywhatiwanttosayisIHateThrob

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happy now?

Since someone is unwilling to let me clairify the status of Germany, I'll repeat.

Anyone who knows anything about hockey knows that Germany was knocked out yesterday and will not play in any consolation game.

Go Canada. :rolleyes:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
THANKS

Keeper,
Great Post. I am Happy. I edited my post just for you...you have shown me the way.

Well done HOS, way to clean up your act.

GO CANADA GO;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0