Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2014/15 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll admit I do find the whole Kassian saga perplexing... I get that they want more out of him but the kid was just starting to get things going, makes a bad play and suddenly he's scratched?

Maybe Burr can loan him his Harry Potter Magic Wand :)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lack needs Potter magic today in third period. Looks like he and Miller cut some lines together. Focus need bit more attention. Lol them guys are flat today. What play=off''s if you play like that against NJ. Hard to watch.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll admit I do find the whole Kassian saga perplexing... I get that they want more out of him but the kid was just starting to get things going, makes a bad play and suddenly he's scratched?

Maybe Burr can loan him his Harry Potter Magic Wand :)
Kassian thanks you Burr.

:)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now since they made a mistake with Kassian this year maybe they will go an find two three D with NHL size. We all know that few guys got injured. All except Richadson can be replaced. Young man on Giants is born in 1995 by the last name Geertson. Could easy take place of on of the older worn out players. Team needs more youth to push harder in March and April. Only with addition of size and speed that Canucks will get to next step.
In my opinion with half of the guys over thirty three years of age it will kill us in the last ten games of the season. Only if Richardson comes back and playes the way he knows how we will chip out them hard points to make it. Coach Talks about Burrows yes two years ago but he is thirty four on a down swing. With a trade he could bring a guy here for the future. Montreal is in need of two mature players. Burrows an Bieksa could bring Eller here. He is the guy for Vrbata and Kassian. Team needs to get younger or they will look like New Jersie team. Old worn out. With addition of youth on D it has been fun watching them growing in to a better team. And with McMillan and Kennis team is much stronger both ways.
Trade up Benning future is needed. Boston will fire both coach and GM this summer, try to grab a guy or two from them. Neely will not stand for that type of playing. Am sure he is watching American League and University guys hard. One could see six seven new faces in Boston next year.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nikolas Jensen called up from Utica. Looks like Linden and Benning are trying with in system to see if it will bring points needed to make the play-offs. Must be more hurt guys. Wao they are falling like bricks in a storm. Two points today could fix the problem.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a win. Twins have more points than last year. Kassian is staying put. Kennins and Horvat know how. Beer tastes good. Now little wish from Benning, please add Tim McGrauley to Utica and Nathan Burns and Ty Stanton our club will score way more. Burk keeps on grabbing all the better over age players to improve the Flame. I think we have to do the same.
McMillan was worth taking. The lad is getting better each game. Matthias is one dam strong guy.
Mooshed have a guy to take care of things by the name Brandon Vuic.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kassian!

This team is fun to watch again, hopefully they can keep it going and weather the injury bug storm.

Eddie Lack got shite kicked last night :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In any other era, Kassian would be a hero... a character... this is the second year in a row that he has produced over a stretch when the games start to heat up.

He finally gets time with the twins, gets PP time and here we go.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope Eddie Lack starts chopping with the stick when guys charge. Them refs in Boston must be getting double pay. Four five times Eddie was driven in to his net, just from Boston player charging hard. Some one should show Eddie, Billy Smith tape to watch how he used to clean up his clue area.
But just the same huge with buy the youngster. I hope coach gives chance to Markstrom on Buffalo. We all know coach has to win but in my opinion Miller should be moved to San Jose. Two young men can do the job. Kennins Horvat and Hansen sure make me laugh. What a line. Twins and Kassian have something going. Second line needs help. Mathias,Dorsett and Richardson are more than fine. Higgens, Bonino, Vrbata are not strong enough for second line. I still think Higgens or Bonino should be moved for a bigger centre man. Right wings we have in Utica. Or Burrows if he does not get moved.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You must be sharing the same acid Garrett is on... Clendenning drilled Soderberg into Lack; you tend to fall over when smoked like that... don't want your goalie crumpled, don't cross check your man into the blue... pretty simple... the Bruins actually have the least PP's in the league this year, so as Shawn Thornton would say (again), "there goes that argument"...

Maybe try a new sport Base?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mktb them shrooms are hard on you. If have watched the game you would see bit more. We all know if Canucks defender pushes the forward it's fine, that was not the case. There is no need to talk to you. For get it. I will call you next year to come and show us on the ice how to do it. Us coaches do have open mind. Garrett is older guy he hates pushing and crashing the net. I love hard fought games,this is why I said team needs big centre on the second line come play-off's. Some one has to stand up to guy that like to crash in to the goalie. I can tell you one thing with Bieksa there there would have been none of that. Luke Gozdic and all would be taken care of.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leafs just got rid of Clarkson so it looks like they will have some extra cap room to overpay someone else this year in free agency.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Regs looks like I posted in the wrong thread. Feel free to move the previous post into why the Leafs suck thread.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Canuck down and out. No legs in the twins and few others. Buffalo must be happy tonight. Toronto has maple leaf on their chest it really does not matter how far down it the standings they sit. They have money they will pay. Maple leaf rules. Cheers twins need to sit in the ice tubs to recover fro game before. Boninno needs a new girlfriend. Shyt man making millions and dogging it last two games. Papa Lue will go nuts if country man plays like that. Jager is forty three still plays better. This club could drive a guy mad. Betting on Canucks is like pointing a gun at your self. Shoot the dam puck.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brutal tonight. Seems like at 2-1 nucks thought the game was over. Then kenins serves up a breakaway. Lack played good tonight minus him playing defense for one shift. Damn, if the Canucks started markstrom I bet the Canucks would have kept the foot on the pedal and stayed focused the whole game. But I understand trying to get lack on a role. But given this team's performance in games like this all year, should have predicted a lack of focus

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any time team drops the points they all point fingers at keeper. Lack was left to dry last knight. TV and radio guys blame Lack but one than knows the came could see that twins did not care did not come to play. Bonnino, Vrbata line was shytall knight long. Lack did what he could. Guys on D played very dumb game. They all try to make extra moves and turned the puck over.
This all is a result of a weak captain. I hope Trev and Benning go and get a proven left wing and a proven right wing. Kassian scores but he is not a leader same goes for Bonnino and Higgens Burrows can take Higgens spot. Verbata should play with twins rest of the season. Markstrom should have been in net guys would have step it up to help him. Over all coaches mistake.
D is not strong enough from here till the end. Spisa, Clendening and Stanton are OK rest could be replaced. Sanguinneti should have played against Buffalo but again they send the guy back down with out a game to play in.
Next five games will show why Benning has to make changes.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
This all is a result of a weak captain.

How about understanding that Canucks have exceeded so far the expectations even of the most optimistic fans! They are simply not good enough this year but most of the games they have played hard and when you play hard during the regular season (even with the depleted roster) you will do well.
If they think that they are better team than the opponent on the other side then they will drop points because there is simply no enough quality to cover for "not so hard" work (perfect example on this road trip are games against Devils and Sabres). So, if they make play-offs that is a huge, huge success this year!

On the other hand I want to comment about the guys on AM 1040. I understand that their job is to create a story (even if it really does not exist) to spark some interest but what they do very often is so ridiculous that I simply cannot stand some of them (and the first on the list is Dave Pratt). They change their stories (and stands) as the wind shifts - just pathetic. And when Pratt starts commenting soccer that is when I definitely turn the radio off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0