Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks - Linden- 2014/2015 changes [Off season]

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M I can not understand why Canucks pay the scouts so much yet year after year kids are really not for top two lines. There is so many kids out there as twenty year old's not drafted yet could play better hockey then what we have. Just few names for big guys to check out. Steven Trojanovic 6' 200lbs D that can score and pass well. Keven Spinozzi 6'2'' D that can play and fight. Also Cooper big guy 6'5 inch stay at home D. He can handle rough going. Kid by the name Ben Thompson 6'4" LW goes in hard in the corners. Alex Litunemi 6'3" D that shoots left. All can be added with just a phone call. All played this year in OHL , QHL or WHL . Brent Hardgrave 6'4" RW, Steven Harper.6'2" C/LW as well. You can see how tough ST Jose plays in play off's. There is no way we can play against those guys with the size Canucks have now. In my opinion Canucks pays way too too much for managment. Money should be spent on better players. Linden and one GM can do the job. One head scout period. One astant in Europe.

Last edited:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Linden in the mix now, we may as well plan the Stanley Cup parade now for 2014/15. Because he won so many Stanley Cups as captain of the Canucks.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain cheers you are OK. He was just an average player with good PR. His team must get allot more mean or there will be no Stanley cups here. Travis Green on the side is doing well with adding in size and strength down in Utica.
Twins are soft and one dino players. That line needs a hard nose winger with size to protect the boys from getting hurt. Second line should be way better.
More tough wingers are needed in Utica in a year main club will have two three guys coming up. Archi should be here. He just needs a dam chance to play four games with a regular shifts.
Main club brings the guy up but for most they play three four minutes a game. Not enough for young men to get going. I hope Linden and his GM make few changes. I meant Oliver Cooper a kid from QMHL he is a forward not a D. Kids like that need to be here. Tough mean and and knows how to chip in few goals.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what the problem is Trace. Gm's lost respect for Canadian kids. They are giving jobs to guys that maybe have bit more skill but real don't care. Pride of local guys over ride the bits of upper skill.
Club needs more grit more will to win. With out it there is no way forward.Any of these guys I pointed out would proudly play for Canucks and try extra hard for the team to make the play off's and bring home the cup.
It looks like to me that the management is really missing the point of NHL in Canada.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base, trolling websites from the CHL leagues does not make you a scout. These teams are chock full of drafted supremely talented 18 Year olds and also 19 & 20 year olds who are physically much bigger stronger and faster than the 16, 17 & 18 year olds in the league with them, who will catch them in a year or two, which is precisely why these guys you list off are players nobody has ever fcuking heard of, they've never played for Canada in U20, or U18 and they're not drafted. They're AVERAGE players who are in their final years of eligibility in the Major Junior System.
Steven Trojanovic (look slike a 3rd/4th line plug from OHL)
Alex Litunemi (great shout there Base- even Google hasn't heard of him)
Steven Harper (not even close to a point per game as a 19 year old)
Kevin Spinozzi (Now draft eligible)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny Keven Spinozzi is a 19 year old. Big strong guy. Fee agent. I saw him three times when I went beck east for my sport license school. Steven Trojanovic is way better than Alberts. Johnny I watch lots of games via sat. Alex Litunemi is in my opinion most ready for NHL. Steven Trojanovic the same. Keven was 157 lbs when he was 17, he came up in last year and a half. That's one heck of a player with hart and drive. It only costs 25 dollars a month and you can see heck of allot games on TV from OHL and QMJHL. Harpper will do more than Dalpe as a fouth line. Spinozzi can also fight well. Same goes for Alex. Talk around town is that Torts will move on by the end of the month. Benning's name is up as a new GM. Benning I do think could turn the team around. Talk is that Craford will be a new Toronto coach. If Craford does go to Toronto you could see Kesler there and even Edler. Benning has ties with Toronto we might see some trades. Johnny the kid I like the most is Hunter Smith and Oliver Cooper. Talk about Lucic type of players. Hard nose hit hard play hard. I can only tell you one thing if I was a scout there is no way that any club would push us around in our zone. No one would even there to tatch our captain and two other best players or get in to keeper's space.. That's the number one reason why twins only have fifty point. Club got Sestito for what, he can not score will only fight every twenty games,teams are running twins an Lack he just stands and looks like pile on.
One sometimes has to sit up in the box but when he plays he has to show love for the game. Any one of us could be there and dog it.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny my bad Alex Lintuniemi is the proper name. He played more than any other kid on that team always on PK kill and on 5 v 3.
Sparks fly when he goes in the corners. If you see him play you would see why kid like that should be given a shot.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace do you think Cain Franson from Giatns would fit on left side with twins. I bet you any money the lad would have more goals than Jensen. another twenty year old that should be in NHL. Bit of work out and more of a mega intake could bring his lbs up. Linden might give the kid a chance because of Pat Quin.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linden in Boston to see Cam and Jim Benning one never knows if Kesler might be part of a deal. Big Lucic might be coming home to stay. Even first round drafts might change places. If it does happen Nucks will be a much stronger team. One can see one or two prospects coming to Vancouver.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You don't trade a Selke winning All Star Forward for a would-be GM. Also you don't trade a hulking all star winger when he's helped you win 1 cup and is likely going to do it again, just because Trevor Linden is a good guy, for said Selke winning All star Forward, especially when there's rumours of him banging teammates missuses and being not a great teammate.

Just saying...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You don't trade a Selke winning All Star Forward for a would-be GM. Also you don't trade a hulking all star winger when he's helped you win 1 cup and is likely going to do it again, just because Trevor Linden is a good guy, for said Selke winning All star Forward, especially when there's rumours of him banging teammates missuses and being not a great teammate.

Just saying...

Wait, more than 1 missus? Hypothetically speaking, which other missus has said douche forward banged? Besides one ex-redheaded-goaltender's missus?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boston is looking for top six pick in 2014 NHL draft. Kes is not really banged up I think his pride was hurt when US lost to Canada in Sochi. He was never the same after that. All the players have injuries. Playing 82 games one must get some. You can see he wants out. He is one hell of a player selfish or not.
Boston is not going to give us Benning just like that. Lucic is not as good as Kesler. Big guy with hart Nucks need. Kesler is that other element Boston needs. One must give to get.
Lucic would teach younger players here how to play with hart. With out that Canucks are just spinning wheels. It will take heck of a trade to change this club. As you can see Washington is cleaning house even big Rusian might be willing to come this way.
I don't think it will be long before Canucks add a GM. I think Linden will let the GM deal with future of a coach. Next year we might be like LA or we might go waste side. I just think if Linden gives the job to Benning the size and hart of the team will be addressed. Lots of guys better start training early in the summer, or the bags will be packed for them. Corado and Tenev better start drinking milk shakes to bulk up. Tanner Gloss might come back because of Linden. As we need more grit.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kessler for Lucic? And Lucic actually coming back here, after the fiasco that has gone on w/ locals harrassing him and his familly? First, the two players aren't the same value. Lucic is a winner on a perenial cup winner that might win again this year. Kessler...seriously, what has he ever won? He hasn't proven to be a catalyst type player than can carry a team, not the way Lucic has and can.

You are out of your mind.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lucic is a Slav. He likes to have drink or two and likes to shoot the shyt. Bit of fighting is good for the sport. I did lots of it my self. This why Canucks went golfing, chiken shyt prancers skating around. Boston would trade Lucic for Kesler in a split second. You just wait and see.
Only good GM can make the trades needed. Gillis was all about forth line helpers. Look where it got him. Canuck must trade or go and find a twenty one year old in OHL or in WHL or in QMJHL to hit guys in the open ice and along the boards. No one on Canucks is willing to do that.
Club lack speed and skill then you must have size and grit.
There is twenty guys in juniors over age that would do better job policing than Sestito. No one is looking. Club has two asstistent GM what the hell for? Team is slow team is weak. Get rid of them and find a guy that knows what he is doing. Kids like Matt MacLeod , Aston Carroll, Nathan Burns, Bret Lernout should be in the system all can stand up for their team mates have size to play five six minutes a game for a start and could end up on second and third lines. Club is top heavy with very little to show for. Blame goes against Torts. It's not his fault. If you can not skate than block shots, if one does not like to block shots than one must score five goals a game.
Frigen hell they all make millions to play but onley three four are worth the money the get.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am still trying to understand why Bruins would trade Lucic for Kesler and cannot find a single reason. Lucic is better, Lucic is younger, Lucic is a proven winner so Bruins would be crazy even to consider such a trade. Mr. Base, where do you really get some of those ideas you present here? Your wishful thinking probably.

Beside that, let's admit, if Lucic was drafted by Canucks he would never become a player he is right now with Bruins. Lucic knows that very well and that is why he is never going to play for Canucks.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lucic is a Slav, likes to have drink or two, and likes to shoot the shite. Well, that clears everything up. Clears up why the Bruins would make an astonishingly stupid trade. Of course it makes sense.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Drastic changes are needed here. Unless Canucks make one or two changes of that type nothing will change. After all Cam is from Lower mainland he might find bit of hart. Due to twins Kesler plays at fifty percent. If he was made a captain you could see him get 100 point or more a year. Kesler has it in him, he is disapointed that Canucks can not see it that way. Adding kids from draft it will take four years for them to be strong enough to lift the team up. Boston is after 6'3 kid Perlini from Ontario that falls in reach of Canucks in this years draft. He scored a goal for Canada in world hockey just few days ago. Canada came back with bronze medal.
AS you can see what LA is all about,Sharks are dam good team yet might be going golfing soon. Ducks the same. There is no way forward for Canucks till you match one element with those teams. There is no way they should push us around. Rest as it can be done. I am sure Linden has a scout watching Edmonton Oil Kings vs Portland this coming week and on.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're on crack that you value Kessler that high when nobody in hockey does. He's a terrible teammate, what makes you think he'd be a good captain? Players need to like and, above all, trust their captain.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0