Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks - Linden- 2014/2015 changes [Off season]

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a tough time thinking Linden is going to hire a puppet. Linden's never made a trade, he's never signed a free agent, he's never complied a scouting list, he's not the GM and will hire one and has only done 5 things we're aware of:
1. Had a presser
2. Done the media tour
3. Held internal exit interviews with staff and players
4. Fired Torts & Sullivan
5. Gone to Boston, asked B's for permission to speak with Benning (The speculation)

Linden will hire a GM that will have similar philosophical leanings and beliefs in improvement areas for the club, notably:
1. Getting younger
2. Getting heavier
3. Getting faster
4. Scouting better; thus
5. Drafting better, and
6. Developing players better, more patiently.

I highly doubt Linden is going to hire some rookie GM that is going to be Linden's errand boy to avoid Linden having to suffer any image issues due to wet work. If anything, a rookie head coach might happen, but even that's a long shot imho. Linden is a conduit between Ownership and the fans, and ownership and staff (Playing and nonplaying)

And Base makes me want to stab my eyes also. He's your Drunk Uncle who rabbits on about the same tripe all the time and everyone ignores him, as do I for the most part. You could endeavor to at least TRY to spell names correctly ffs.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny with all those brainiacks club went to shite. Now yo think Linden and his pell will turn it around in one summer. I went to first game Canucks played. Watched many guys come and go. Really to tell you the trouth only Quin was worth watching. Johnny if you draft an 19 year old all the development was done. He is ready for NHL or does not have it.

Last edited:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny Craig Ramsay is one hell of a hockey man. Guy is about sixty two tree years of age. Guy like him would do better for Linden than Benning or any other guy. Tactic strong guy always teach's positive hockey. Does have Stanley cup ring or rings.
If you think that a seventeen year old kid with five goals and twenty five assists will become a power forward than it is all over for you.
Gillis did draft two three very good kids. Trades are something this club just can not do. Buying guys in the summer with low hockey drive does very little for the main club. Go and find one or two players in Europe with speed and skill. Add two guys from WHL that hit like Gloss or Tores and this club will move forward. Mr politicly correct Linden in your eyes is a new god for Canucks. Plumber that spoke well. Bure was a player with Victoria lad and Greg Adams.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tallon has stated that the #1 pick is up for trade, now does it make sense to offer Kesler and our #1 (6th overall) or Edler and our #1 to move up, and would Florida go for it??? I would go for it in a heart beat if Florida would go for it.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
To offer Kesler and our number one pick for their number one spot and a player would be a bad move. Floridas best player is no better than Kesler. By doing that Florida would gain experiance we would get a player like Shawn Matthias. To move Edler to Florida along side of our number one pick we would need to get back a left side wing and their number one pick. We would get the young D we need they would get the 6'3'' centre they need. IN that case OK. See I would offer Kesller for Callaham and a big D from Rangers plus a third round Rangers pick in 2015 draft. With Kes Rangers would have the Stanley cup again.
Burrows is the guy I would offer to Rangers, he would bring back a younger wing and a second round pick. Vinny loves Burrows. Our team needs to get younger. Hansen can do same job as Burrows and he is younger. Biggest moves must be made with out loosing better players.

Last edited:

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Callahan even dress for the rangers 2nite.
:panda::finger::spitoutdummy::wtf::stinkyfeet::mooning::hungover::stop:

To offer Kesler and our number one pick for their number one spot and a player would be a bad move. Floridas best player is no better than Kesler. By doing that Florida would gain experiance we would get a player like Shawn Matthias. To move Edler to Florida along side of our number one pick we would need to get back a left side wing and their number one pick. We would get the young D we need they would get the 6'3'' centre they need. IN that case OK. See I would offer Kesller for Callaham and a big D from Rangers plus a third round Rangers pick in 2015 draft. With Kes Rangers would have the Stanley cup again.
Burrows is the guy I would offer to Rangers, he would bring back a younger wing and a second round pick. Vinny loves Burrows. Our team needs to get younger. Hansen can do same job as Burrows and he is younger. Biggest moves must be made with out loosing better players.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ummm.... No, because he's currently a Bolt. Remember the St. Louis to NYR for Callahan, Base?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
One has to understand what we lack before they start bashing Callaham. He plays like Matt Cooke but stays away from sin box. Vinny likes gummer's I don't think Callaham would be his date, trade him said Vinny. Team has skill but lacks guys that can hit in open ice to get the turnovers. Fire of Torts will not change a thing with out the guys that play hitting game. You guys will hear nice polite talk from Linden but net result is still the same Team gave away two starting keepers and held on on bunch of old men. D is good for AHl's top spot with out fighter. Forwards we have two second line groups again with out big tough winger that can throw punches. Third line is OK fourth line has no skill but one guy is willing to fight every fifteen games. And on top of it we have goat hunter that can not score at all go figure it out.
Torts must be frigen laughing his head off. Linden told him that he has to change all he said I do change my shorts each day. From here on you will have to change yours twice a day 8 million later nice golf clubs see you later.
Club must make trades. Club must get tougher as Johnny pointed out. Maybe aqua is trying to start a new figure skating club in GM place. Dude I knew I just used his name to bring the point across. That type of a player is needed here. Tanner Gloss will be free this summer. He is only thirty years he still has four years in him.
LA Sharks and ducks kick Canucks around like they are grade four kids.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Sedin's (in the right system with the correct linemate) have a year or two of being capable of being a 1st line on an average team, which would be bubble to make the playoffs, enough time for the likes of Kassian, Shinkaruk, Horvat etc to develop to take the reigns.

If you can trade our 1st @ 6th and a player to FLA for 1st overall you do it.... To get Reinhart. Problem is that any of the guys that would go and make that work would have a NMC/NTC like Kesler or Edler. Would either of those guys waive to go to FLA? I doubt it. If I were the Canucks I'd be trying to turn Kesler and/or Edler in Pouliot and a roster player from Pittsburgh. That's a fit. They would be joining a winner, etc...

Like I've said all along, the Canucks are nowhere near capable of making a cup run inside the next 3 years, act accordingly.

Make some decent picks, stay the course on the youth development guys, try and pick up a few younger UFA's to play roles and if you Can fast track the reload/rebuild by making some trades in and around Kesler and Edler then you do it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree JBN, and the benefit of that is that it allows time for the current crop of studs playing in all the cities above the 'Nucks to creep up in age as well.

Youth needs to be served here, now, and while we're at it, make use of the assets we have- starting with Kessler. Get rid of the Cancer before you get rid of anyone else.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny Kesler will be moved this summer. If Benning takes over as a GM you will see some younger guy from Boston come this way plus two prospects . We all know Lucic will stay in Boston. Twins need a guy like Simens to play with them. He can play any side up top. I heard that Phili would like to spring Edler from Canucks. You could see first round exchange and Edler for Simens. Two three good moves could spring the club back to upper level.
Sants sholder is fine he will be in good form for fall. You will see him with Kassian on the second line. Hensen or Burrows will find a new home over the summer. Hensen before Burrows. GM might give Burrows a chance with twins again to see if he can score again. I still think our D is far to small to play against big forwards from LA,Sharks and Ducks. Something needs to be changed in the back. All depends if New York loose to Pitsburg, We could see Vinny ask for Burrows. Big D might be coming this way to plug the hole when Edler goes.
I would never make that trade. There is no way you know that that guy will work out in Vancouver. Rainhart is not a speedster just a steady player. Kids in next years draft yes.

Last edited:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talk is that Boston will not let Benning go till July fifteenth. If that is the case what does Linden do but share him. Here we go again. Another draft year might go all to shyt. In my opinion Linden should get the coach asp because there is two very good coaches out there now. Next year take time and make sure he is the right coach for new GM.
Gillis's assistant should take care of things till new GM is in place.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Talk is all speculation. Benning is under contract to Boston, and without any sort of compensation from the Canucks why would they let him go with all that Intel on their draft homework etc? Why do you think a draft will go to shyt? The Canucks can still make trades and can still tender offers to Free Agents July 1st and their own RFA's right now.

As for the coaches, what's the hurry? You've got a few guys out there like Trotz, Crawford, and potentiall McLellan...but why would we go racing in to sign McLellan if he gets the sack? His teams have been like the Nucks, A force in regualr season with nothing in the playoffs. Also his team was loaded for the cup and he didn't manage it effectively...and we want that here? Trotz did well with a shoestring budget due to his defensive posturing play and relatively young team. Crawford coming back is probably a tough putt, especially with the Moore/Bertuzzi thing still limgering and likely heading to resolution this summer.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no way Crawford is coming here. Travis Green will get better look than many. Also only one assistant got fired at the same time as Torts. The other guy was Gillis's man to coach but owners made him take Torts.I still think Linden will bring in one of the Sutters here. Maybe as a GM or maybe as a coach. Alberta guys have lots of tabs on young guys coming up. Trats and Mclellan need a year off to get the drive back. Same goes for Torts. Rushing in to coaching only brings more problems.
Free agents will not do a dam thing for this club. All they want is a big pay cheque and no more. Trades and youth are the only way forward.
Coach needs to be in place as he should choose the type of player he needs if he is coaching. Coaching players taken by managers never work out. Linden has watched the team play he knows only one thing. They lack hart and drive. Changes are needed to lift the spirit up. A guy that knows how to cheer the guys on in the dressing room is very much needed. There's no way forward with Henrik as a C, very passive man.
Why do you think Kesler wants out?
The only bright light is Chase Cassels coming up next year. One hell of a player. Guy like Greg Adams with more grit. All wee need now is Bure to find us one of them Russians like he was and things will change.
And for fcuk sake no more five foot ten inch players. Six foot two and up, two hundred LBS and up.
Watch the game tonight between Boston and Montreal and you will see sparks flying. Perline and Virtenen are more sooted to be on this team than a Reinhart. Left wing is very short on Canucks. We need two three guys on that side.

Last edited:

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And for fcuk sake no more five foot ten inch players. Six foot two and up, two hundred LBS and up.
Watch the game tonight between Boston and Montreal and you will see sparks flying. Perline and Virtenen are more sooted to be on this team than a Reinhart. Left wing is very short on Canucks. We need two three guys on that side.

Call me crazy, but 2'3" guys are way too small to play in the NHL. They're even shorter than 5'10" guys!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MTKB my bad I watched the young man play, There is no need for him to waste time in miners. He is more than capable. Watch and see. Plays like Greg Adams with allot more grit. Passes well under pressure make smart moves under pressure.
Gomesy little less of catting lines. Did you see them crazy Habs kick Bostons ars. Go Canada go. Hope is still there. Price my lad is more than good. I heard Bure is bringing some guy from Ruskies U20 program to help Linden.
Kid plays like OVI. If Markas can do the same from Sweeds here we go.
Pireli Santoreli and Sestito would make good 4th line. Bit of Zauri heat. Cassels Kassian Higgens steady Eddy. Twins and Jensen. Richardson Burrows Dalpe checking. Not bad. New guy for Kesler might be Smith from Boston plus a 2 round next year and a miner league player.
Can we ask for Chara. Than LA, Sharks and Ducks would stay away from Lack.

Last edited:

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good God... kicked their ass? The Bruins showed up for 20 minutes and Montreal still had to hang on for dear life...

The Bruins are after Edler, not Kesler... Can't see them moving Smith for Kesler given the cap situation... Smith is the better player in a year or two anyway...

You can ask for Chara, but the answer will be no... unless you want to throw Horvat, Tanev, and the #6 pick their way... then they'd at least think about it before saying no...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Gilman better start looking for a new job soon. Linden and Boston guy are staring to see guys for coaching job. Huda, Stevenson,Trats,Carolina x. should be in a top ten. My gut tells me Huda or Stevenson. Trats could be if Linden has more pull.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0