Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2002/03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champions League draw

Third Qualifying Round

Matches to be played August 13/14 and 27/28

Sporting Lison v Inter Milan
AC Milan v Slovan Liberec
Rosenborg v Brondby or Dinamo Tirana
Shakhtar Donetsk v Club Brugge or Dinamo Bucuresti
NK Maribor or APOEL Nicosia v AEK Athens
Barcelona v Vardar or Legia Warsaw
Skonto Riga or Levski Sofia v Dynamo Kiev or FC Pyunik
Lillestrom or Zeljeznicar Sarajevo v NEWCASTLE UNITED
Hammarby or Partizan Belgrade v Bayern Munich
Genk v Sparta Prague or Torpedo Kutaisi
Maccabi Haifa or Belshina B'uisk v Sturm Graz
Celtic v MSK Zilina or FC Basle
Feyenoord v Fenerbahce
Boavista or Hibernians v Auxerre
Lokomotiv Moscow v Grazer AK or Sheriff Tiraspol
Zalaegerzek or FC Zagreb v MANCHESTER UNITED

Second Qualifying Round

Matches to be played July 31 and August 7
Dynamo Kiev v FC Pyunik
Sparta Prague v Torpedo Kutaisi
Club Brugge v Dinamo Bucuresti
Boavista v Hibernians
Grazer AK v Sheriff Tiraspol
Brondby v Dinamo Tirana
Maccabi Haifa v Belshina Bodruisk
Vardar v Legia Warsaw
Lillestrom v Zeljeznicar Sarajevo
MSK Zilina v FC Basle
Hammarby v Partizan Belgrade
Zalaegerzek v FC Zagreb
Skonto Riga v Levski Sofia
NK Maribor v APOEL Nicosia

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't have asked for a better draw, Jinks.

That should give Ceptic enough time to sort out your back line and goalkeeping.....not that the "friendlies" counted for nought?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't fcukin' believe it ......

Zalaegerszeg (bunch of Hungarian goulash cooks) have beaten Manchester United 1-0 today in the first leg of the Champions League Qualifier ......

Fcukin' shocked / stunned / gutted ........

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did Rio look on the touchline

Walks,

How did it feel to watch ManU choke with your 30 million pound defender on the touchline??

Must have been a painful sight:( :(

There's always next year;)

Lean

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a warm-up .......

Lean,

No worries ...... he should be fit for the trip to Chelsea (I fcukin' hope so anyways).

Not a good start to the campaign but we're looking to batter the farmers when the 2nd leg is at OT next week ......

Ruud with a hat trick !!!!!!!!

Still fcukin' gutted ........

p.s. maybe you could give Rio a tip on treating his ankle .... how is that bad boy by the way ??

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
champs league

Went and watched the Celts first leg today. Not an impressive performance by any means. When the man of the match is Douglas(goalie) you know it wasn't a great performance. Granted they got the 3-1 win but honestly they were lucky.

The only thing worse than the performance was the Celts Jersey's. What was with the big white square on their backs? Shock-ing.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky,

Can we see a photo of the shoc-king jersey? If the game sounds as bad as it was for Celtic(withstanding the score), the Hoops could be in trouble with that one away goal. :(

It goes to show how weak the Scottish Premier league is though. There isn't one team that can give Celtic a decent match. :rolleyes:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that the Hoops will prevail however they were woeful today. Particularly Bobby Petta. No guts and no brains. O'Neill warned us that FC Basle were an excellent side and he was right.
They are a very good team.

The goals by Sutton and Sylla were classics.

I also noticed the huge white number square. Weird.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
O'Neill warned us ...
Us? Who's that, you and the Captain? :rolleyes:

Yesterday's results

Maccabi Haifa 2 - 0 SK Sturm Graz
Apoel Nicosia 2 - 3 AEK Athens
Feyenoord Rotterdam 1 - 0 Fenerbahce
Boavista 0 - 1 Auxerre

Today's results

Shakhtar Donetsk 1 - 1 Club Brugge
Levski Sofia 0 - 1 Dynamo Kiev
Zeljeznicar Sarajevo 0 - 1 Newcastle
AC Milan 1 - 0 Liberec
Graz AK 0 - 2 Lokomotiv Moscow
Partizan Belgrade 0 - 3 Bayern Munich
Celtic 3 - 1 Basle
Rosenborg 1 - 0 Brondby
Zalaegerszeg 1 - 0 Man Utd
Barcelona 3 - 0 Legia Warsaw
Sporting 0 - 0 Inter Milan

~Regs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe us would be all Celtic fans. You don't have to worry about the warning, nor do Rangers fans because they are not in the Champions League. :eek:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Captain Shamtastic,

I would have thought that was clear.

Regs must be so focussed on the big game tommorrow that he is not thinking straight.

Either that or REX has broken into his pad and his posting under his name.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs must be so focussed on the big game tommorrow

Is there a big game tomorrow that I don't know about? Is Liverpool playing, Regs?

Anyway, it looks like Celtic will have their work cut out for them in the return match. I have read several reports and they all the said the score flattered Celtic. Nonetheless, it is still a 3 - 1 win and they still have a good chance to advance. As for Rangers..... oh I won't say anything anymore. :)

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I watched the Man. Ure. debacle and if there was anything more annoying than listening to John Motson continuously asking Trevor Brooking how badly 'Trevor' thought Man. Ure. would batter the Hungarians at Old Trafford, it was watching Giggs and, in particular, Beckham diving about like poofs trying to 'facilitate justice'. Fcuking cheats. It's a sad day when British players start play-acting the way their swarthy, untrustworthy, and closetted-homosexual European counterparts have always done.

Motson was also have a right old whinge about the state of the pitch. It was all bumpy and shite. Poor little lambs.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty

I obviously never had a chance to watch the match yesterday, but I have always found John Motson as the best football commentator in the game!!! Yeh he is a bias English twat, but he delivers the match well and just the sound of his voice reminds me of Saint and Greivsie highlights from back in the 80's... (cracker Saturday morning show that was);)
So what are you pissed about??? Borough are going knowhere fast or just bitter about not making the Kamloops tourney???

BTW, how's Beano's arm??? Fcuking mossies are huge in Kamloops!!!:rolleyes:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beanbag.....

Motson used to be good but him and his signature sheep-lined jacket want to be put out to pasture now for the good of all. His biased nature is annoying and some of the stuff he says defies belief. Last night he was apoplectic about some aggro in the stands which, of course, we couldn't see. He kept saying, 'Trevor! Trevor!' as though Brooking might've been doing something untoward to your hero.

Borough is going nowhere fast as it's merely a stop on the Northern Line on the way to Bank or Embankment in South London. 'Boro is going places. You'll see.

Beano's arm is still in a sling and, apparently, it's getting him loads of attention off the ladies. I know, I don't believe it either.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ladies???

Beanbag talks to creatures of the opposite sex??? Since when???
'Boro/Borough whatev, they are going places, just not anywhere more Northern than they already are!!!;)

BTW, Man Utd to win the Champions League this year!!!:D (only because Rangers didn't qualify due to a Euro rule change or something)!!! I'm absolutely sure the top team in Estonia is Much Much better than the second placed team in Scotland (two trophy Rangers)!!!:rolleyes:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You must be fcukin' joking me .....

Manchester United's England defender Wes Brown has been ruled out for three months after a scan showed he had fractured his right ankle during the club's shock Champions League qualifier defeat against Hungarian side Zalaergeszegi.

Who the fcuk is going to play right back now ?? Paul Parker ??

Great fcukin' start to the season .......

Fastshow .... where did you watch the game yesterday ?? I called everywhere looking for it but no one seemed to have it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0