Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oliver Kahn, Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.

:D

Apologies to all members of the hartman family and those that had a friend of a friend who's uncle's employer's daughter once saw SNL live

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bayern Munich 3
Chelsea 2

Bayern had chances to win this one but came up short. Didnt watch the whole match just parts of it, Im sure Chelsea had some more chances to score.

Chelsea won 6-5 on agg.

Milan 1
Inter 0

This match was abandoned after 73 minutes when the ref dissallowed a good Inter goal, the stupid fans kept throwing flares and bottles onto the pitch. One flare hit Dida (AC Keeper). There goes home Champions League matches next year. Not to sure if they will replay the last 17 min or not. Anyways Sheva scored an amazing goal and Dida was a wall in the Milan goal.

Milan 3-0 on agg.

As much as this one hurts I cant see any team stop Milan this year.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
zenga said:
Not to sure if they will replay the last 17 min or not. Milan 3-0 on agg.

the final 17 will not be replayed, as per fox sports press release 13mins ago.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
zenga said:
Bayern Munich 3
Chelsea 2

Bayern had chances to win this one but came up short. Didnt watch the whole match just parts of it, Im sure Chelsea had some more chances to score.

Chelsea won 6-5 on agg.

Milan 1
Inter 0

This match was abandoned after 73 minutes when the ref dissallowed a good Inter goal, the stupid fans kept throwing flares and bottles onto the pitch. One flare hit Dida (AC Keeper). There goes home Champions League matches next year. Not to sure if they will replay the last 17 min or not. Anyways Sheva scored an amazing goal and Dida was a wall in the Milan goal.

Milan 3-0 on agg.

Heres a link to the video

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?tno=246&fid=122&sty=2&act=1&mid=2140512965

Hopefully it works!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AC 1 Inter 0

Absolutely nutbar non-finish. I just watched the rebroadcast, and am still trying to figure out what the call was for in the box that disallowed the goal.

Mrs. stew was watching the game with me, and we were debating over the wisdom of trying to restart the game (ie whether there was actually any point). Well, madame, it appeared to not be such a good idea after all, as the riff-raff resumed throwing flares onto the field just about right after the restart. Wonder how much this is going to cost Inter?

Bayern looked substantially better than Chelsea for most of the game. Too bad they couldn't make up the difference they needed to cover. Chelsea really looked like they were coasting; getting the first goal and sitting back, leaving only Drogba up front.

More games, please.....

stew :cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the call was a push on the keeper. There was minor contact though... bad call.

How about the aim of the nutbar that bullseyed Dida?

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
don't think liverpool had one shot the entire game. quite a squeaker.

Juve had two shots all game...........all from 20 yds +.......

Baros should have slotted one

Ibrahimovic and Carnavaro with the only two chances that Juve had.

Credit to Liverpool they did what they had to today........Adding Alonso, Cisse and a healthy Gerrard will result in totally different line-up than the one that faced Chelsea in the Carling Cup.

Slated for April 26th or 27th

Sandman

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Juve hit the post from about 3 yards out and the rebound was pushed out after half the ball had crossed the line...

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
don't think liverpool had one shot the entire game. quite a squeaker.

What would you expect of any English team in Italy up a goal? Given their depleted side, and the scoreline, a great performance.

Can't wait, first really huge Liverpool game since FA Cup win of the Mickey Mouse Treble year. Now if only these gutsy performances in Europe would spill into the premiership.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch said:
1 Liverpool FC (well hoping.... anytime Juve lose is a good time)
2 AC Milan (though this might not be as boring if Sheva is fit and Adriano is back from his mid-season slumber)
3 PSV Eindhoven (though I haven't seen more than highlights from either team this year)
4 Chelsea FC (have been enjoying this English team thoroughly this year)

Hmm... not bad :D

As for the Inter curva mess, hopefully this will be the beginning of a major clean up in terms of fan violence in Italy. What amazed me was how typical the flares being thrown onto the pitch are. There were at least 1/2 a dozen on the field and Dida was still attempting to take the goal kick. It wasn't until he was actually hit that they decided that it could all be a bit dangerous :rolleyes:. Waiting to see what becomes of Inter. Apparently the decision comes down tomorrow.

As for the next round. An AC/Chelsea final looks the most tempting.

Matchday 11 - Tuesday, 26 April
Milan 20:45 PSV

Matchday 11 - Wednesday, 27 April
Chelsea 20:45 Liverpool

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought after Baros had missed his chance that it would come back to haunt the 'Pool but it turns out all I had to do was chew my fingernails down to the bone for the Reds to get the result. They owe me, I can barely type this post. It was kind of annoying, though, having to explain to friends (imaginary ones of course) why I was desperate for the game to end 0-0. No offense to people with imaginary friends (cough cough walls cough).

The Italian teams just aren't the same when they are chasing a result as opposed to shutting the game down it seems. Ah, karma.

Can't wait for the semis, should be magic. Anyone know a good place to watch the games at 6:30am in Hawaii?

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From inter.it

FOUR-MATCH STADIUM BAN AND FINE FOR INTER

Friday, 15 April 2005 17:48:25
NYON - After meeting to discuss the incidents in Tuesday's Champions League match between Inter and AC Milan, Uefa's Control and Disciplinary Body has ordered FC Internazionale to play its next six European club competition matches behind closed doors. Of these six matches, the last two are under a probationary period of three years according to Article 15 bis of the Disciplinary Regulations.

FC Internazionale have also been fined 300,000 Swiss Francs (approximately 200,000 euros), and AC Milan have been awarded a 3-0 forfeit victory in the quarter-final return leg.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened at the San Siro the other day was an absolute disgrace. How many times are UEFA going to let clubs get away with murder because their fans go fcuking mental. A four match stadium ban and a fine ?? You must be kidding me ..... totally laughable :mad:

When English fans (Liverpool ;) ) were running riot all over Europe in the 70's, they were simply banned from European Competitions ...... and rightfully so.

Time for UEFA and god help us, FIFA to step in and start reprimanding clubs that can't control their own fans. And before anyone goes off and says that clubs can't control them, blah, blah, blah ...... look at what they've done in England. Security is so high at stadiums that they can track you 20 miles away from the stadium. If you throw something onto the pitch (ie. The Everton fan that threw a coin at Roy Carroll a few months back), they can zoom in and get a clear picture of the guy and ban the cnut for life. It’s been done countless times and it’s about time other countries (Italy, Spain and Turkey in particular) step up and do the same.

At least English fans are smart, they batter the fcuk out of each other miles away from the cameras :rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed. How in the hell the Italian fans are even allowed to consider bringing flares within a few miles of the stadium is beyond me. Christ, that was an accident waiting to happen. And the amount of stewards they have to protect/separate/police the visiting fans is a joke as well. Four coffee-drinking, high-vis vest wearing monkeys without pants would do a better job. One for each side of the visitors section to ensure there's no monkey business. There's more security at New West Skytrain station and that's just to ensure Croatia SC don't have there baby blues stolen by some demented baby blue loving :rolleyes: squeegee kid/drug dealers.

I agree with Walks on all but one point. It was the Liverpool team that was running riot all over Europe not just the fans. :bronco:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Indeed. Four coffee-drinking, high-vis vest wearing monkeys without pants would do a better job. One for each side of the visitors section to ensure there's no monkey business.

Wouldn't that mean there would be nothing but monkey business? Serious fcuking monkey business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0