Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Computers

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
www.a-power.com
NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection.
Between these two you will usually get the best price. If you are someone that prefers warranties and service you will want to stick with BestBuy or Futureshop etc.(Not that you don't get a warranty but you can buy extended warranties easier with the big boys)

And I guess I haven't been checking out the new stuff on the market. The Quad Cores are out but are a bit pricey..If you are building a new system make sure you get a Mobo that supports both Core 2 Duo and Quad Core so you have an upgrade path

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since we're turning this thread into an advertising war, try these guys:

Generic Technology

They aren't as big as NCIX, but I've found that they usually have among the cheapest prices in town. Most of the stuff if not available immediately, is there within a day or two.

TigerDirect's prices are okay, but has anybody ever bought anything from them? Personally, I don't trust mail order for hardware - too easy for stuff to get sidetracked.

TI: one thing I'd suggest is to check on the performance of your video subsystem. A number of newer games slug out because of their graphics-intensive nature, and a standard on-board video doesn't have the horsepower to keep up. If it's in the budget, you might want to look at some video help for your processor as well...

Trece

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since we're turning this thread into an advertising war, try these guys:

Generic Technology

They aren't as big as NCIX, but I've found that they usually have among the cheapest prices in town. Most of the stuff if not available immediately, is there within a day or two.

TigerDirect's prices are okay, but has anybody ever bought anything from them? Personally, I don't trust mail order for hardware - too easy for stuff to get sidetracked.

TI: one thing I'd suggest is to check on the performance of your video subsystem. A number of newer games slug out because of their graphics-intensive nature, and a standard on-board video doesn't have the horsepower to keep up. If it's in the budget, you might want to look at some video help for your processor as well...

Trece

tigerdirect has always been problematic, especially if you have to return anything. And if you do, you still have to pay the shipping. So if the price is slightly cheaper, still not worth it. At ATIC computer is probably the cheapest, great if you know what you want but if you ask questions, service sucks. apower and ncix are good because prices lower than futureshop and you still get decent prices. They can order anything and you don't have to worry about sending it by mail back like tigerdirect.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another thing to keep in mind for just about every computer store in town:

3% discount if you pay cash - the bandits all hate having to deal with the credit card companies, so they nearly all want cash, and that's reflected in their advertised prices.

Ralph Nader

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece
per your previous msg on performance
my video Card is a Nividia GEforce 6700 and per the spec's for the games is more the capable... it 's the spec's for the CPU requirement that my machine fails

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0