Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div. 2 Promotion/Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any banter regarding promotion/relegation can go on here...

...anyone got that info for me on where I can find the Promotion/Relegation schedule???

~Shaven

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaven, schedule is not posted anywhere. I believe the NDFC game vs Port Moody that was scheduled for yesterday got postponed in order to give NDFC more notice heading into the playoffs. I believe NDFC will be playing Eagleridge on Sunday this weekend. We will be playin Port Moody at Heritage Park at 6 on Sunday night. A win will clinch a Div 1 spot for us but we are in tough. We have 3 regulars (including 2 of our top 3 scorers) out of town on this weekend, plus we do not plan to call up our youth for this game unless they are upset in their Coastal Cup game earliar in the weekend, but we don't expect that to happen nor do we want that to happen...We'll be looking to play a tight defensive game and see what happens as even a tie combined with a NDFC win over Eagleridge will clinch promotion for us...Our game vs NDFC looks like it will be next weekend, probably at Mackey.

shaven said:
Any banter regarding promotion/relegation can go on here...

...anyone got that info for me on where I can find the Promotion/Relegation schedule???

~Shaven

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WE are supposed to play eagleridge sunday and a win should pretty much knock eagleridge out of contention. although we will be hurting for numbers just like the hurricanes.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
WE are supposed to play eagleridge sunday and a win should pretty much knock eagleridge out of contention. although we will be hurting for numbers just like the hurricanes.

What time 'jive, and where?

~Shaven

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
we still don't know. League said we have to deal with these promotion rounds ourselves and let them know for refs. We are hoping sunday at 8pm Eagleridge said they will let us know.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
League said we have to deal with these promotion rounds ourselves and let them know for refs.
Your kidding!? If this is true, another very bush representation by the FVSL. They do the right thing in promo/relegation games, but drop the ball on organizing them.......hmmmm......please tell me your kidding.
As for the game, do not underestimate the PM team. They have been in div 1 for a reason, not a fluke!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:
Your kidding!? If this is true, another very bush representation by the FVSL. They do the right thing in promo/relegation games, but drop the ball on organizing them.......hmmmm......please tell me your kidding.
As for the game, do not underestimate the PM team. They have been in div 1 for a reason, not a fluke!

We are definitly not underestimating anyone. everybody involved is a good team. Our game is now wednesday 9pm mackie turf against eagleridge no game this weekend because it didn't get organized in time. the league doesn't have permits for fields so our manager has been trying to organize everything.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you guys play your game and go at their defense, you will get the win. Just make sure you play a full 90 mins cuz they will! We are really hurtin for tomorrow with guys out of town and no call ups. How desperate are we for bodies? We will dress my 47 year old uncle who we signed early in the year when we were missing too many guys...He played 1 game for us which was our 4-1 loss to Poco in September. Looks like he'll be trying to turn back the clock about 10 years tomorrow night!

bulljive said:
We are definitly not underestimating anyone. everybody involved is a good team. .

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
no game this weekend because it didn't get organized in time...the league doesn't have permits for fields

Time to sound off...this is absolutely bush league and a total disgrace. I know that the FVSL brass are largely volunteer, yadda yadda yadda, but what a stinking bunch of shite this Promotion/Relegation experience is. The fact that the league does not have permits is totally unacceptable, given that this format was their brainchild in the first place! Honestly, I have seen more rediculous business from the FVSL this season than in a long, long while. How can you decide to have such a tourney to decide promotion and relegation, and then not have a fcuking plan in place to run the damn tourney??? What the fcuk is going on with this??? Is this seriously the same league that can pull off (somewhat, and in fits and starts) all the Cup brackets, and then drop the ball big time on this, this absolute disgrace of a system??? Pardon my expletives, but I just have had about enough of this manner of operation. I thought it was bad enough that the league 'forgot' to schedule a President's cup Quarter-Final in which I happened to be a participant, but this is too much. How can they not have permits, and organise this tourney??? How can this happen??? Summer soccer has not started yet, so what the hell is the problem??? Man this makes my blood boil...Leave it to the teams to schedule their own matches??? Are they kidding??? Absolute bush league, I've said it once and I've said it again.

And so ends the rant.

~Shaven

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes 1 Port Moody 1

We had a depleted squad tonite but gutted out a 1-1 tie. We gotta protect leads better late in the game as we gave up the tying goal in the last 10 mins of the game same as we did in our OT loss to NDFC in Cup Play. We did win the PKs tonite though so that is good in the event we go to tiebreaker with Port Moody. We'll be out watchin the NDFC boys on Wednesday night as a win by NDFC "officially" clinches a Div 1 spot for us...Well, time to go have a few beers. :D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did Port moody look? you guys have too be happy with a 1-1 result with such a depleated line-up. WE are going to be missing 3 of our starting 4 defensemen on wednesday night. Hopefully nobody else will be missing.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Port Moody, it is hard to say as they might have been missing guys as we were today. But from what i saw, i would say they are at about the same level as eagle ridge.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Port Moody is a more complete team than Eagle Ridge. Eagleridge is the team to beat in this tourney. Hopefully you guys have some depth at defense for your game on Wednesday as the one thing Eagleridge does have is team speed. They will put pressure on your backline. Their biggest weakness is defensively. They do get disorganized on the backline and can be beaten if you make good runs off the ball and go at them with the ball. Watch out for #11 offensively for them as they seem to depend on him alot. What time is kickoff on Wednesday night? We have practice Wednesday till 8, but we'll come check out the game afterwards.

bulljive said:
How did Port moody look? you guys have too be happy with a 1-1 result with such a depleated line-up. WE are going to be missing 3 of our starting 4 defensemen on wednesday night. Hopefully nobody else will be missing.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
9pm kick-off. we should be able to fill the hole in defense but apparently we could have up to 5 starters either not their or injured. WE will see though, I think we will be fine with 3 guys missing but 5 could make it a bit more difficult.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's Shite that the three teams that won there Div have to go into a play off when last year the top two went up and third played off with a Div one team congrats to the Hurricanes glad we never had to play you guys ever :D

SoccerGod

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
Hurricanes 1 Port Moody 1

We had a depleted squad tonite but gutted out a 1-1 tie. We gotta protect leads better late in the game as we gave up the tying goal in the last 10 mins of the game same as we did in our OT loss to NDFC in Cup Play. We did win the PKs tonite though so that is good in the event we go to tiebreaker with Port Moody. We'll be out watchin the NDFC boys on Wednesday night as a win by NDFC "officially" clinches a Div 1 spot for us...Well, time to go have a few beers. :D

i actually made it out to the game and watched most of it and it was a good game....regarding the hades game....hurricanes should be forfeited the match for using an illegal player...i actually private messaged hurricane power about this and he said it was his brother sukhi dhaliwal who played so i looked into this further and u know sukhi dhaliwal doesnt play soccer...the guy cant play soccer...it was sonny dhaliwal who was playin and he is registered with sikh temple div 1 and did not transfer over at the deadline...i was actually gonna play for port moody in this promotion/relegation battle but i opted out...so yeah as i was sayin...i did look into it and asked some of the people i know who know these ppl firsthand....sonny is actually playin under his brothers information...sorry to spoil it hurricanes but u got caught in a bluff....i hate doing this but if u gonna play...play it fair

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SoccerGod said:
i actually made it out to the game and watched most of it and it was a good game....regarding the hades game....hurricanes should be forfeited the match for using an illegal player...i actually private messaged hurricane power about this and he said it was his brother sukhi dhaliwal who played so i looked into this further and u know sukhi dhaliwal doesnt play soccer...the guy cant play soccer...it was sonny dhaliwal who was playin and he is registered with sikh temple div 1 and did not transfer over at the deadline...i was actually gonna play for port moody in this promotion/relegation battle but i opted out...so yeah as i was sayin...i did look into it and asked some of the people i know who know these ppl firsthand....sonny is actually playin under his brothers information...sorry to spoil it hurricanes but u got caught in a bluff....i hate doing this but if u gonna play...play it fair

Is this a fukin joke??? I hope that this is not true and the Hurricanes are not using illegal players. I have nothing else to say about this right now till the facts come out.
I thought more of hurricane power to allow this to happen though.

SoccerGod

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i could actually care less...i just thought that everyone should know this though....im not tryin to stir the pot or anythin...i am 100% sure this is the truth unless my sources lied to me and if they did then im 99% sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0