Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div. 2 Promotion/Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
from what I am understanding it looks like the titans are going to be in provincials as one of the 2 teams. I'm happy for the titans but at the same time I think it's pretty shitty, that loss is just turning out to be a real slap in the face. i'm just biast because I think us and the hurricanes deserve it more then anyone but those are the breaks. Not to mention the league pretty much said it was going to be the top 2 of the 3 div 2 teams that came out of this promotion tourny now they are changing their minds. maybe they should just give it too eagleridge itleast they get something out of their solid season :rolleyes:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats NDFC on the promotion. You guys deserve the spot. Now with a few pick-ups you guys should do well in div.1.
CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
from what I am understanding it looks like the titans are going to be in provincials as one of the 2 teams.

If the Titans do make the provincials it will be an amazing accomplishment. We didn't even consider ourselves for a position in provincials at the start of the season. SO if we make it, we will be extremely excited. Unfortunately it obviously comes at the cost of a spot for NDFC or the Hurricanes. I feel for you both as you would both make excellent representatives for the FVSL. Maybe there will be a way to send more than two??

Also, does anyone know when provincials will take place. I know the U21 and Premier brackets are set. When, and where are Div 2 provincials? Anybody know the format (what divs are involved)? Right now are team is clueless as to what is going on. Then again, we don't know if we are in. But regardless, anybody know the answers to these questions. Lata.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
P.S. Congrats to NDFC and the Hurricanes sercuring spots already in Div 1. You will both give the other div one teams a stiff run for their money.

And for the one questioning the comparisons of NDFC and the ND Players....hahahaha. NDFC is a far superior team. The Players are a lot like us (the Titans). But without patting ourselves on the back, I think we are even a better team than them. Hopefully we will prove that next year.

Anyway, congrats to NDFC and the Hurricanes.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
provincials are june 4-6 burnaby and coquitlam. all div 2 teams, 4 goups 16 teams, round robin, in each group top team advance to semifinal show down. If we are the other team to go I don't know how strong our team will be lots of our guys won't be around. To be honest from last years experience it is a horrible tournament. it is considered a recreational tournament with not very much effort put into it. Last year their was a team from the wack who didn't even qualify they just threw a team together and got an invite(average age 40). to win you have to play 5 games in 3 days yet you can only bring 18 guys. It's really all about drinking some beer and enjoying a few soccer games more then it is some sort of intense provinical experience you may have had when younger. all in all it is a good time if you take it for what it is.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titan4Life said:
P.S. Congrats to NDFC and the Hurricanes sercuring spots already in Div 1. You will both give the other div one teams a stiff run for their money.

And for the one questioning the comparisons of NDFC and the ND Players....hahahaha. NDFC is a far superior team. The Players are a lot like us (the Titans). But without patting ourselves on the back, I think we are even a better team than them. Hopefully we will prove that next year.

Anyway, congrats to NDFC and the Hurricanes.

I sure hope you are not the div 2 team we (players) practice against because I remeber schooling quite a few of your players...

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with Bulljive. The tournament is more about survival of the fittest. I played in this tourney a few years back up in the interior. Dopeashell joined us back then.
By time we got to the finals we were done. It was 30 degrees or so the whole weekend and we had to play the finals 60 min after the semi's. This might of been fun when we were 15. But in mens league it's a different story.

Bring up a team of 25 guys if you can. It is impossible to not have some guys get injured or to sore for the next game.
Also, the draw is what helps teams. We had to battle for 90 against JoeBilly and Cliff Ave for a 1-0 win then an hour later play in the finals against a team who won 4-0 in there semi's against some soft team.
Survival of the fittest, not the best team wins. HAVE FUN!

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The goal is the same but it may not be realistic. This year we got off to a slow start with a few guys injured and 2 guys playing college season until the end of October. We survived by basicaly running the table from November on. Next year, we will have 7 starters playing University/College seasons until the end of October. We will, thus, be without them for the 1st 6 or 7 games of the season. It will be tough to stay in the hunt in Div 1 without that many guys, but if we can stay .500 until they get back, then we have a chance. The goal I am setting for us though is to finish top 5 in Div 1 and to make some noise in the Pakenham Cup. With all our guys back by then, no reason why we can't take shot at the Pakenham.

Champlain's Keeper said:
I thought you guys were gonna go straight to premier in 3 years? :confused: . Has the plan changed or are you guys not good enough to win div.1 next year?

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what the League hinted at to us as well. It looks pretty certain that the ND Titans will get 1 spot in the Provincials and we will compete for the other on Sunday night. I would have thought we both would have gotten to go, but I can't take anything away from the Titans as they worked hard for their Cup victory. The Titans always seem to be in contention whether it be winter league or summer league and they got the job done in the Cup so they deserve to go. It may still work out that 3 teams get to go like last year but that will depend on some teams dropping out. The winner Sunday will have a spot for sure though. It's great for the fans though as this will mean both NDFC and us will crank it up for what should be another great game b/w us. The game is Sunday at 6 pm at Mackey for those who want to come check it out.

p.s. To whoever asked, NDFC is a much stronger team than the Players. We played the Players on our way to the Cup last year and they have good team speed but can't match the skill of NDFC.

bulljive said:
from what I am understanding it looks like the titans are going to be in provincials as one of the 2 teams. I'm happy for the titans but at the same time I think it's pretty shitty, that loss is just turning out to be a real slap in the face. i'm just biast because I think us and the hurricanes deserve it more then anyone but those are the breaks. Not to mention the league pretty much said it was going to be the top 2 of the 3 div 2 teams that came out of this promotion tourny now they are changing their minds. maybe they should just give it too eagleridge itleast they get something out of their solid season :rolleyes:

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
The winner Sunday will have a spot for sure though. It's great for the fans though as this will mean both NDFC and us will crank it up for what should be another great game b/w us. The game is Sunday at 6 pm at Mackey for those who want to come check it out.

Great for the fans??? hahahhahahah, ok hulk hogan.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will defnitly add to the match with their being some meaning behind it. I have a feeling their will end up being a third spot, I think it happens quite often. WE are pretty hurting for bodies for sunday as we have another injured starter and maybe 2 more. We won't be playing win at all cost, we did what we set out to do,a provincial spot would be nice but not worth playing injured players. I think it will be a good game maybe a little different then last time. hopefully the same result however :D

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We will have a couple of guys out as well, but our teams match up very well and I think it is going to be an exciting game. We've never lost to the same team twice so we'll be looking to keep that streak. I guess the game has been moved to 8 pm on Sunday. Should be a pretty wide open game on the turf, hopefully we'll get a better result than the Cup Semi-final.

bulljive said:
It will defnitly add to the match with their being some meaning behind it. I have a feeling their will end up being a third spot, I think it happens quite often. WE are pretty hurting for bodies for sunday as we have another injured starter and maybe 2 more. We won't be playing win at all cost, we did what we set out to do,a provincial spot would be nice but not worth playing injured players. I think it will be a good game maybe a little different then last time. hopefully the same result however :D

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
redwoods said:
Well done to the Hurricanes and NDFC for being promoted to Div 1.
I think you will both do well next year.
If all goes we will see you the following year.

Good luck

What the hell are you talking about Redwoods?! We've got another year of Div 2. That means two summer breaks between this season just past and your prediction that PCU will be back in Div. 1. Do the math! Two summers of beer and bacon-cheese smokies for you... If I can remember how to add (hard at my age I know... :eek: ), that means 20-30 pounds on that already prodigious ass of yours!!! WTF!? :D

PCU and Clones will be looking to the West Coast O-40's to be put out to pasture... :wa:

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bitter_cabbage said:
What the hell are you talking about Redwoods?! We've got another year of Div 2. That means two summer breaks between this season just past and your prediction that PCU will be back in Div. 1. Do the math! Two summers of beer and bacon-cheese smokies for you... If I can remember how to add (hard at my age I know... :eek: ), that means 20-30 pounds on that already prodigious ass of yours!!! WTF!? :D

PCU and Clones will be looking to the West Coast O-40's to be put out to pasture... :wa:

being sacrificed by my own people!!!! Just so you know I have cut down my consumption of bacon-cheese smokies to 1 for breakfast and just 4 more for the rest of the day!!! As for the beer I can't say I have the same discipline and that seems to be just getting higher.
We should have a weigh off just before the season and wager a case of beer and a pack of smokies for the winner

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
redwoods said:
being sacrificed by my own people!!!! Just so you know I have cut down my consumption of bacon-cheese smokies to 1 for breakfast and just 4 more for the rest of the day!!! As for the beer I can't say I have the same discipline and that seems to be just getting higher.
We should have a weigh off just before the season and wager a case of beer and a pack of smokies for the winner

You're on! :D

...but me thinks we should make this a home and away series. He who gains the most (or loses the least!) gets a flat of pints, a pack of smokies, and the buns, mustard, relish, 'kraut, onions, & mayo to doctor 'em up!!! Grill to be brought to the last game of each season by the winner (or should that be weiner? :confused: )...

One wager for summer league and one for next fall! :) I'll bring the scale for Thursday's game. Weigh-off prior to kick-off!!! :wa:

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes 3 NDFC 2

In what was a back and forth game, we have secured a spot in the Provincials. This game went back and forth but this time we were the team that was better able to finish our chances. We went up 1-0 early in this one but NDFC tied before the half. We then went up 2-1 early in the 2nd half, but NDFC once again tied. We then got the winning goal with about 15 mins to go in the game on a great finish by one of our strikers. This was a great game and hopefully a 3rd Provincial spot opens up for NDFC as they have a heck of a team and deserve to go also. We are happy to be in though, as we have to make up for last year and have lofty goals for ourselves in the Provinicials this year...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
first of all I need to say tons of respect goes out to the hurricanes. They have a really good team and deserved it tonight. I think both teams match up really well, we owned the first half and they came out fired up in the second. I think we could of easily won tonight but just made too many stupid errors we don't usually make and they took advantage. I tore my hamstring unforunatly and will be out for a few months. I think the hurricanes could win provincials as i can't imagine their is really any div 2 better. Honestly i have not played any games in the last 4 years that i have enjoyed as much as I have enjoyed playing the hurricanes this year. anyway i had fun cheers on the win and good luck in provincials.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
I tore my hamstring unforunatly and will be out for a few months.

Tough break 'jive, hope it heals quickly and in time for the winter.

Congrats go out to the Hurricanes and NDFC on their promotion to Div. 1, and on two great seasons, respectively. Good luck also to the Hurricanes and the Titans at provincials; no doubt they will both represent the FVSL and Div. 2 well there.

~Shaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0