Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div. 2 Promotion/Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer God you may have been confused as to who played, since the brothers are twins. I have known the family for years, so for me and others that know them, it would be easy to tell the two apart, but for another person it could be difficult.

TheRegulator

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did some digging of my own on this matter. From everyone I have talked to, the Hurricanes are telling the truth. They used Sukhi who is signed to them and not Sunny. One person said Sunny was out watching his brother play and they talked to him on the sidelines during the game so obviously he could not have been playing.

Hurricanes are guilty of many things. Are they arrogant? Yes; Do they talk too much? Yes; Do they think they are better than they actually are? Probably; Do they use league rules to their best advantage possible? Definetly; But have they done anything illegal? The answer is no.

The Hurricanes have all their trash talk to blame for why they are disliked (mind you they have been pretty good since 08twinklestar was banished by NDFC), but they are good team and a Div 1 team and that is where they belong.

p.s. One thing I did hear when asking around is that there are some team(s) out there that are pretty disappointed that the Hurricanes have gotten to Div 1 as that means their team will be staying together next year and their won't be a dispersal of their young talent to other team(s) that would have stood to gain from the Hurricanes failing.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay I hope this answers everyones questions we have alot of players named Sukhi Lucky and Sunny but not the Sunny that you think as that is Sukhi's brother in law and no he didn't play on our team as that would be cheating he only watched everyone of our games this year and is a great player. We don't put their names on the roster sheets as everyone calls them the wrong names anyways so we just use numbers just to facky everyone up involved in the games along with the refs. I hope that I've straightened everything out as just because we have alot of players and spectators with similar names does not make us cheaters.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think it is fair to generalize your statement to a team or teams. Over the last while, through various summer league and summer tournament meetings, I've gotten to know the heads of each of the Indo-Canadian Clubs pretty well. There is a mutual respect b/w us and each of the Clubs and I don't believe any one of them would try to create rumours like this to discredit us. Having one more strong Indo-Canadian Club is simply good for the community. I think this is a case of individuals out there trying to stir the pot and get a reaction. That's the one problem with TTP. Anyone can go behind their computer and say anything, and I mean anything, they want without the target knowing where it is coming from and, thus, not knowing the motivation behind it.

TheRegulator said:
p.s. One thing I did hear when asking around is that there are some team(s) out there that are pretty disappointed that the Hurricanes have gotten to Div 1 as that means their team will be staying together next year and their won't be a dispersal of their young talent to other team(s) that would have stood to gain from the Hurricanes failing.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
whack said:
Whack, please insert TM. behind that phrase....I wouldn't want you to get into trouble with the makers of sunny delight. Haven't we had enough contraversy in this thread. :rolleyes:

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i find this to be stupidly funny...the best part about it all is soccergod (should be goddess) has this overwhelming proof as to the hurricanes using illegal players yet we have to ask him for it.....how surprizing....on a website like take the piss youd figure that the proof would have been in your post but we need to ask your for it....is this just a cheap way to find yourself a new friend....ill ask right now give it up.....

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC 6-0 over eagleridge.

I think that pretty much seals it for eagleridge. 2 games 1 goal for 11 against. unless they beat port moody and we beat port moody thay are finished. can't see them beating anyone though. They competed and ran hard all game they are just way to unorganized at the back.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
great game last night for fc. looks like the train is back on the tracks....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! 6-0, quite impressive. game was finished after the 3rd goal but the final whistle came with fc having 6 subs on the field........two of which scored :confused: .
ps jive you spelled "they" wrong. old school burning pee.
congrats boys :wa: :wa: :wa:

hajduk 11

Mar 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:

I think that pretty much seals it for eagleridge. 2 games 1 goal for 11 against. unless they beat port moody and we beat port moody thay are finished. can't see them beating anyone though. They competed and ran hard all game they are just way to unorganized at the back.

Wow what an embarassment Eagle Ridge has been. The wierd thing is when we played them this year I thought there defence was their strong point. I know some of the guys weren't interested in moving up so maybe they were not playing. I thought they would give the teams a much better challange then losing a combined 11-1. What a waste of a promotion spot. Them having trouble scoring goals is not surprising as they had 3 shots in two games on us they just battled so hard we couldn't get deep in their zone. Makes 2C look like crap, I know Whalley, DFC or us would have put a much better effort up. I can't rememer the last time we let 5 or 6 goals and lost by more them 2 or 3.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought their defence had some strong players individually but like the hurricanes had said if you make some nice runs they leave openings. Just a bit unorganized but I think with a few more pick ups and another year in div 2 they could play div 1. I have seen whalley play and thought they were a better overall team. i don't imagine eagle ridge has let in that many goals before either. They came in first I don't think they were having games letting in 5 or 6. One of their guys said they didn't want to move up anyway but had decided to play the games to see how they could compete. although that was after it was 3-0 in 15-20 minutes.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
hajduk 11 said:
Wow what an embarassment Eagle Ridge has been. I know some of the guys weren't interested in moving up so maybe they were not playing. Them having trouble scoring goals is not surprising as they had 3 shots in two games on us.... I know Whalley, DFC or us would have put a much better effort up.

lets not pull any punches, they licked balls. when you played them were their shots on target at least? i'm sure the amount of teams that could have battled harder are plentiful. time for the fvsl brass to go back to the drawing board for next years promo/reg tourney. this years style is ridiculous.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to NDFC as the win over Eagleridge clinches a spot in Div 1 for you guys. It also clinches a 1st division spot for us. No matter what happens in the remaining games, there is no scenario possible in which NDFC or us would not go through. Bulljive, do you know if our game against you guys is scheduled for this weekend? I haven't heard anything from the league and I just fired off an email to Neil this morning to check. Our matchup would mean nothing in the standings so I'm not sure it is worth playing. Jb called and apparently our summer league starts on Thursday so it would be nice to have somewhat of a break!

bulljive said:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were looking to play sunday night. However it is a mean nothing game so i don't know what the league wants to do at this point. I don't think we will be going all out anyway more then likely it will be a game to get lots of people playing time. I guess if eagleridge beats port moody we will have to play port moody and go all out just to be fair to eagleridge. although if we don't have to play anymore games i think most guys don't want to. We had 5 starters missing last night, 3 due to injury so we can use all the rest we can get. At this point we are looking to play sunday night until we hear otherwise.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We would be doing the same thing and use the game to get guys who haven't gotten to play a lot during the year a chance to play. If Port Moody beats or ties Eagleridge, then everything is settled anyways so hopefully that game is on for Saturday sometime so we'll know if we need to play or not. Our summer league starts Thursday so we would really prefer a little bit of a rest, but we'll see what the league wants to do.

bulljive said:
We were looking to play sunday night. However it is a mean nothing game so i don't know what the league wants to do at this point. I don't think we will be going all out anyway more then likely it will be a game to get lots of people playing time. I guess if eagleridge beats port moody we will have to play port moody and go all out just to be fair to eagleridge. although if we don't have to play anymore games i think most guys don't want to. We had 5 starters missing last night, 3 due to injury so we can use all the rest we can get. At this point we are looking to play sunday night until we hear otherwise.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done to the Hurricanes and NDFC for being promoted to Div 1.
I think you will both do well next year.
If all goes we will see you the following year.

Good luck

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Redwoods. Best of luck to you guys next year. You guys had a great season and I would easily consider you guys among the top 3 front runners next year to get promoted. Good luck and we'll hopefully see you guys in 2006/2007 in Div 1.

redwoods said:
Well done to the Hurricanes and NDFC for being promoted to Div 1.
I think you will both do well next year.
If all goes we will see you the following year.

Good luck

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats to both ndfc and the hurricanes, best of luck in div 1, you two are both very good teams with a lot of potential, i dont think div 2 will see any of you guys again

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
Thanks Redwoods. Best of luck to you guys next year. You guys had a great season and I would easily consider you guys among the top 3 front runners next year to get promoted. Good luck and we'll hopefully see you guys in 2006/2007 in Div 1.

I thought you guys were gonna go straight to premier in 3 years? :confused: . Has the plan changed or are you guys not good enough to win div.1 next year?

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done NDFC and Canes on your promotion, well deserved. Div 2 will be alot
different next year with the absence of your two teams as I don't think that the
relegated teams are as strong. Leaves the division wide open for Poco and the
Clones and maybe a couple of other up and comers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0