Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 Rumours & Other Gossip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fury

They're okay - have one guy up front who can do some damage, but he's slow. Pretty weak throughout, but if you light a fire under them, they could cause some problems. Kind of like Elephant Walk - when they feel like playing, damn they can play, but generally they're pretty content to drink some beer and hang out.

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
therapist,

the only way you look good is from the sidelines practising your jockey skills and not your lunging technique that you have so eloquenlty developed over the years!

hammer will be out to training in full force with a couple of pints fueling this british bod. i have taken up the same training techiniques as R. Fowler

:D

booze&cigshavekepthammerhealthy!

H

Henry8

Big game

Well big game this weekend for Club Ireland!! But the question is can they RISE to the occassion? I hope for there sake they do but after their 5-1 loss to whoever it was, there's got to be some doubts in the side. And just another question to any Club I players do you have some better forwards for next year? Because you will need them. Good luck on Sat!!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I may

Henry~ What month was that loss in? I think Club I has been playing freindlys for three months. They just beat the Div 1 Pacific 96ers on Tueday and soundly thrashed Surrey U "cat" team before that. (to name a few) I think their over it.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How they soon forget . . . .

February.

Imperial Cup
WFC Bimini's 5 - 1 Club Ireland

StupidWestsidefcukedupmypool

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

I will go on record now and say, if our Under 21's were available for the Bimini's match, we would have beat them. Once again, the VMSL came up with a cracking new rule that did not allow 4 of our starters the chance to play. One of our strikers was at about 60% because of an ankle injury. I would never make an excuse for a 5 - 1 loss but I feel like I understand the game enough to understand that we would have beaten Biminis with a full complement of players.

Henry 8,

I am not sure if you want us to do well or not, but we have scored a lot of goals this year. Sure, a lot of the games have been against weak opposition but we have not been shutout this season. We have scored goals from all positions this year, including our center back who has 8 to his credit. Against Bosna, who have given up very few goals, we scored 7 in two matches. Tomorrow, we will be missing our starting sweeper, Gordy MacIntyre because of 3 yellows and yours truly is doubtful right now. I still feel confident that the Under 21 players can step it up and get the result we need. The same players beat Argentina and Pacific 96ers over the last couple of months and played quite well against Sportstown, giving up a couple of late goals.

If we don't win tomorrow, then we're not good enough. It is simple as that. If we do win(or draw I guess), we will have to add 4 or 5 good players in order for us stay in first division. If I play, tomorrow will be my last winter game. I still try to save myself for games like this and I will do anything to win this game tomorrow. I believe the rest of our players feel the same way. Time will tell.

Captain who is off to the hot tub to loosen up the groin.......

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Game !!

Captain, Biteme, et al

Good luck this weekend boys, hopefully it will be a better result this time around. Would be nice to end the season with a win but a tie is all you need for promotion. With some of your starters out that may be a blessing. Hopefully the two teams will be able to decide the outcome without the ref and the park influencing the result too much. Regardless of the outcome I'm sure you'll have lots of bevvies....hopefully for a celebration.

Mickster

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

If Bimini's had access to our Div 2'ers they would have been more than able to take care of your U-21's. :D Everyone knows that it's the Rangers that keep the Bimini's/Ranger Program afloat. That's why were in first and their . . . well, somewhere down the list. :cool:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't make it el Capitano,

Sunday at Adanac?

Fcuk that, I'll see you at the Croatian Cultural Centre at 4am Sunday,....Right?

Home Brew

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuking snowing.

it's 12.51.a.m. and its fcuking snowing like a bastard here in Richmond!Looks like we may have to wait even longer for our big game.Sidewinder.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It Ain't Snowin'

H.B

It'll be fine, the snow will melt away, the game will go ahead as planned, and we'll win accordingly

Cheers,

The Champ......... :cool:

H

Henry8

Captian, you've got me all wrong! I'd love to see Ireland win the league and I belive they will. However I'm saying that if indeed this is you're last game will the players you brought stay with the club or go away like a couple of years ago!! Leaving Club I with the problem of rebuilding again. I'm sure the coach must have this on his shoulders. Well I hope this clears that up and maybe if the game is still on I'll come down to watch and have a victory beer after!! Can you tell me the name of your coach? Because I might have a few players that might be intrested in playing next year. Cheers

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Henry8,

The coach's name is the Hurricane(a.k.a. Jimmy Mulgrew). The game is off today. According to the Richmond field reports from this morning. It is so fcuking hard to stay motivated to play this game. I was actually going to give the leg a try today and had been taking a plethora of pills to make sure I could give it go. If and when we play the match, try to come out and we'll chat and have a few win or lose........

Captain

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK Hrvatska 1 Westside Knights 2

NK Hrvatska 1 Westside Knights 2
Beaconsfield - Sunday 2:00pm - cold and wet...

I played goal as our regular keeper was knocked senseless by the Nomads last week and took this week off. We came into the game thinking we'd be short players. Turned out, we had 11 they had 10. Mind you 2 of ours hadn't played in about 4 months.

Beaconsfield had standing water in the centre of the field which, it appeared from goal, made it extremely sloppy. Having the extra player seemed to give us the clear advantage but they scored first on a counter and I was extremely cold/rusty. Take your pick. We came back with 2 for 2:1 at the half.

The second half they had a lot more of the play. We're old and tired. Although we did manage to get a least 4 or 5 CLEAR chances. We couldn't even buy a goal if wanted to. Open net, post, break away... we had 'em all.

They had 3 clear chances where I had to dive. Two I saved, one went wide by 6 inches without me touching it.

2 : 1 final ... I think.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGU 4 Bombastic 1

Superior linesman work today by Dapo. Overshadowed though by Timmy's hat trick to put the pressure on the JB's. Mickster, tell Legroom he's falling way behind in the scoring race and he's only got one game to go. The pressure is on and seeing as you guys are probably feeling it I found some stuff you might find useful.

Choking under pressure is a natural response to competitive stress. Cracking under pressure is a normal and natural function and many teams may have to experience it many times before they can get over it.

Here are a few tips you can try to lessen your
chances of choking:

Dwell on the possible negative outcomes.
Visualize something positive and calming, like losing.
Do not concentrate on anything that you can control

Remember that it is only a portion of your life. Do
not try so hard. Instead, just let your performance happen and you will end up with nothing, which is your ultimate goal!

Hope this helps. by the way Mickster, nice to meet ya but remember no need for training this week eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0