Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 Rumours & Other Gossip

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodLike

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GodDamnit

I was on call for work Sunday night and so i couldn't get back for the PGU/NSU cup game. I ended up not even working! That was definitely THE game I wanted to play!

Sounds like it was a good game, as both teams are complimentary and not spitting electronic profanities across the TTP.

Good luck to NSU in the rest of the cup.

GodlikeWhoThoughtHeWouldEnjoyIslandLifeButIsn't!

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good match yesterday..thought both teams played well.
In terms of the ref, I feel we should both complain to the league, I believe the more complaints the better.

What the hell is the league smokin? This was the same shite fcuker who has never touched a bloody football in his life, wears glasses to the field and removes once on the field while running hash mark to hash mark in between the 30 yd lines. This was the same quality ref that we had back to back.Why receive him again? when there were ample talented refs sitting on the sidelines as there were only a few handful matches this weekend.

The VMSSL is fcuked...... Alex Bell et al.....

Kudos to Dapotayto, thanks again for the Heini's...I have not finished all of them yet, just taking my time enjoying the cold, crisp, little kegs of heaven!!!

cheers
Hammer
:cool:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NKH vs. Elephant Walk, Div. 2 Cup

Vratar is stunned as the Elephants striker unleashes an unstoppable thunderbolt header into the NKH net. Gooooooaaaaaaaalllllllllll!!!!!!!

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting...

Just a little tidbit for all of you who were yapping about how bad Division 2 "B" was a couple of weeks ago.

5 of the final 8 teams in Cup come from "B".

Take it for what you want, but to me it says that "B" is at least on par with the other groups, if not above (overall at least). :p

Two of the "B" group teams are guaranteed to be out this Sunday, either Elephant Walk, Cliff Ave Utd., Bingers or Primos as there are two head to head games. Should start to get pretty serious this Sunday...

Libero

Mar 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Sub Division

Hey Teelay,

Fair enough, maybe we have been hard on 2B, but consider this:

I watched your number 2 team ( Optima ) play your number 4 team ( Elephant Walk ) one weekend and what a waste of an afternoon that was. Absolutely amazing. It's been many years since I have seen a game played that has displayed shite footy for the ENTIRE 90 minutes. The only time the ball was played on the ground was when someone stubbed their toe trying to punt it down the field and the ball ended up trickling to an opposing player. If that's the cream of the crop, then burn the fcuking field.

If your division is not tragic, then prove us all wrong by winning the cup. 5 out of 8 teams left makes pretty good odds for you guys... ;)

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay,

If you have been around this league long enough, you would certainly know that you can't gauge teams when it comes to cup play. For some reason teams play differently in cup. Some teams don't take it seriously, and some do. Point is, league play is what is important. It could easily be 4 teams remaining from another pool. I still stand by what I said earlier that all of div 2 is weak except for the 2-3 teams at the top in each pool.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spot on, Therapist. I doubt Alemania were too motivated for the epic battle with Optima. Does that mean we don't deserve to go to Division One? Maybe, but I don't really care at this point. You play your cards as they are given to you, and with a bit of luck and skill, things will work out in the end........

Captain

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup vs League

Ok guys, you're entitled to your opinions, but I happen to be of the opinion that the teams who aren't promoted basically say "we may as well try for the cup". Personally, I know that the Primos didn't change their style of play much at all in Cup - we had a poor first game versus Bombastic, got our sh!t together for the second game, and played a very motivated Bingers in the third round. Of all the games we played against Bingers this year, the Cup game was definitely their most motivated exhibition.

And the Cup game I watched between NS Beam and PG was far better than games I have watched in all Division 2 games this year. Both teams seemed to pick up their play in that Cup game. Sure they had points to prove to each other, but those subplots always exist in Cup.

Libero,

I think that the style of play in Div 2 B was an uglier style for sure. Most teams we encountered played a kick and run type of game, which did not suit our style well. We like to keep everything on the ground (probably because we can't win anything in the air), and we had trouble with the air ball typle of play that other teams played against us. I also saw some stinkers ... I watched Cliff Ave lose to Bingers in a very uninspired game, but many games are like that in other divisions.

Anyways, all this is probably pointless. I was just trying to say that the only true measure we have of seeing if X is better than Y who is better than Z is to have Cup play, and 3 of the final 4 teams are "B" teams.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay,

Most teams we encountered played a kick and run type of game, which did not suit our style well. We like to keep everything on the ground (probably because we can't win anything in the air), and we had trouble with the air ball typle of play that other teams played against us.

If you team was truly skilled enough to win your divisions, you would have adapted your style of play to suit your opponents (at least your defensive style).

I'm not saying your team is shite (because I have not seen you play), but that's a pour excuse.

As for the 2B group, I predicted and still stand behind it, I think that group was overall the strongest. There are strong teams in the other groups but they are the top 2 or 3.

Captain,

I agree that Alemania where probably not very motivated after losing to Club I for promotion.

On another note:

I'd like to see the cup play format changed. I think that any team in any division should be allowed to enter any cup tournament at or above their current division. For example, this year Club I tried the imperial cup because they wanted to play against better skilled teams. But, If Club I could play in the division one cup, then maybe we would have entered there instead. The two options, division cup or imperial cup, is not good enough.

Any thought out there?

the insider

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not an April Fool's Joke

Dapotayto? GodLike? Is there anything that you'd like to tell us? Perhaps about why the VMSL web site has not yet acknowledged you as Div 2C Champions on their web site? ...and a certain decision made at the VMSL Board meeting last night?

I only think it's fair that you get a chance to announce it first... I think it is time this was made public.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do tell...

C'mon spill the beans ... what's the story from the VMSL meeting?

biteme,

I know that we (Primos) didn't deserve to win our division this year, and definitely don't deserve promotion, but it sure didn't help that teams played a long ball style of game against us (our weakness in my opinion). Good on the other teams to realize and exploit this weakness.

Anyways, it will be a completely different team next year. Maybe 5 or 6 returning guys, but otherwise new faces IMO.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGU-Bombastic Replay

Apparently PGU did not have teamcards for their tilt vs Bombastic. No protest was made by Bomb. but the ref made note of this fact in his report. League officials decided to have a replay as opposed to stripping PGU of the points awarded.

So, PGU needs a win for promotion. A tie gives JimBeam the nod for beatdowns in Div 1, a loss sees a Bombastic vs Jim Beam head to head for the league title...

-PGUStillALock..NoBonesAboutIt-

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did they mention anything about cancelling games outright?

There is only 1 make up game scheduled for the CAT division. Has the league simply decided to cut the season short and only play games which they deem are absolutely necessary to decide promotion/relegation?

Thinkingofsummernow

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boy, things are getting exciting in the league. Feel a little sorry for PGU. But this gives the Beam some hope now. Best news I've heard in awhile!

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
powder blue kit officially retired!

Hey all you morons in div2, any suggestions for a new Vratar kit, colour, etc. for next season!!!

Sounds like promotion still not settled in div 2, not surprised with the pathetic admn/policies of this league.
Go Bombastic Go!!!

Ah the NSU lads must be in awe, but not for long, I see Bombastic stealing the show for promotion!!!
Seriously, NSU would be a good candidate for DIV 1, after all they are the masters of the kick-and-run game.

See you all next season. Good luck to the remaining teams in cup play and promotion play.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haute Couture, Vratar

Vratar, go for a flesh coloured jersey just to fcuk everyone up.

Insider, I've been moving for three straight days and have been offline during that time. I now live closer to the JB's practice pitch so now I can watch from the sides and heckle them as they train. You know, great stuff like: "Fcuk, I've seen ships turn faster than that Therapist" or "Hammer, is that really your face or did someone figure out how to grow hair on a meatball?".:D

Anyway, yep looks like a replay. Someone couldn't show for the game and as they had the cards with them it will have to be redone. Man, I had just embarked on my summer training regimen of beer, bud, barbeques and babes too. So JB's, feeling a little relieved? Betcha that was a nice surprise. Therapist, ya got it all wrong mate. If we tie then we will have 28 points, just like youz guys which would mean a playoff. If we lose, then La Bomba is tied with you which, hey, would mean a playoff. It's irrelevant anyway. I will be playing and we will be winning.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto,

Odds are in your favor for winning against Bumblastick. But there is always hope that we may have one more chance to redeem ourselves with a one game playoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0