Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 Rumours & Other Gossip

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legroom Feels No Pressure

Come on Potato...Dah...,

Looking for LegRoom to choke is like looking for Godlike to forgoe 4am anal sex with 39 yr old...the kids should be asleep now... mothers of 4. There is a reason he does the drugs, you know!!

How quickly memories do fade....It was but a year ago that PGU-David Glass et al made a visit to InterRiver where a percieved game winning 3 goal lead evaporated at the hands of the one, the only, speed kills, ball stuck to feet, you can't stop me, look mom no hands, pick that $hite out of your net, one man PGU wrecking machine, also known as Legroom.....

He feels no pressure...Your best bet would be to ply him with drinks and food the night before and see if he will strip to his leopards and race cars in the street....Sorry Legs but that was Xmas party never to be lived down...

-Bonefish..StillHobbledFromLastGamePlayingKeep-

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2 CAT

WFC Rangers 3 - 0 Bombastic B

Back on track and tightening our grip on first.

David Lam became a resemblance to Squamish '01. Not quite Squamish -- but close. Needless to say, the mud became the great equalizer and made trouble for both teams down the middle of the park. When we used the wings though, the Rangers speed and skill kicked in.

Other than a couple of minor complaints and a tantrum resulting in a Bombastic yellow, Bombastic may be one of the classiest bunch of guys in Div 2. Where they fall short in wins, they make up for in class. I imagine the A-team in group C is much the same. I just don't understand why they don't hang around for beers afterwards . . .

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No pressure here baby !!!

Dapotayto,

nice to meet you, great job on the lines this weekend. I guess we'll have to win the division the old fashioned way, by being the best team. Bombastic didn't do us any favours on the weekend but at 1-1 we were hopeful. I guess we'll see you out next week for our tilt vs Westside. I hope I run the lines as well as you did.

Number2

playing keep again next week? It should be a good game and hopefully the weather cooperates for us. If we play like we did at our last meeting or like we did vs Fury in the cup we'll be in serious trouble, but if we play like we can it should be good. We may even have a full compliment of players, excluding myself of course so hopefully you guys will too.

Keeper, the Bombastic A boys are a good group but like their cat team don't drink after games either. The Beam boys outlasted both teams and were drinking alone at the field after the PGU / Bombastic game yesterday.

Looking forward to a playoff vs PGU, could be a very heated game as we'll meet them in the next round of cup too. It will be interesting to see how many games Davie Glass gets for his comments to the ref.

Captain, do you think you guys will get that game in before summer?? Maybe I'll be free whenever its next scheduled.

Mickster

the insider

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I'm terribly hurt now.... Bombastic don't drink after games?? Such short term memories. I won't pretend that we booze it up more than any of you lot (Westside C-men are easily King in that regard anyway) but we have a very generous beer sponsor in R&B Breweries and we have shared our beer with the opposition at almost every game this year. Well except this Sunday. We would have done the same as usual but we had already arranged to meet our "B" teammates at Malone's in Kits.

Seriously though. Thanks for the classy compliments about our club. Most of the players are really happy with the improvement this year despite the results in the past couple of games. I think this is the first year Bombastic have been in contention since they came into Div 2 8 or 9 years ago. I think we'll be able to keep most of the guys together for a good season next year too. Congrats to JB's and Point Grey for putting it together when it really counts. Before Sunday I was hoping that Westside would pull it off against JB's next week but now I think that one game playoff would be a fitting end to the season. Not to mention that a JB's victory would give Bombastic 3rd place :D

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL Rules

What are the official rules for promotion if PG and NSU are tied in points? Goal differential or playoff game. SHould be a playoff game if it were up to me...

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regular Season Record Ties

According to the VMSL rulebook, if two teams are tied in points after the regular season, a single game played on neutral ground with overtime(& shootout if necessary) will decide which team goes through.

-DemBonesDemBonesDem...ButcherPGUBones-

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay,

It's a one game playoff this year. Winner takes all. That's the way it should be as each team controls their own future.

Surprised Pt Grey and Bombastic were allowed to play on that mud hole. Sad to see Bombastic lose it, but it makes it pretty exciting for the end.

Dapotayto,
What's up with the flip by #10?? It's only Div 2. Even Mickster and myself don't celebrate like that, and we only score once every three years.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, in my opinion it should be head to head results which decide the winner:D Therapist, no offense to Mickster or yourself but if you guys ever try to do a front flip after scoring a goal I hope to hell you guys are playing beside VGH. That way the trip to the O.R. ain't so long.:p I think the purpose of the flip was throwing the gauntlet down to Legroom. Not only does he have to get about ten goals on Sunday to catch up in the goal scoring race he now also has to do at least one front flip to equal the PGU style factor.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No flips here !!

Thankfully I only score once every three years so I don't really have to worry about any post goal performance. No offense taken Dapotayto, you're absolutely right, if I attempted a flip it would have to very close to the OR, with my belly I have a hard enough time with a forward roll or even a sit up.

Sorry to see NKH lose again.......NOT........The only reason I'd want to stay in div.2 is to kick your sorry asses again...twice...

Teelay, glad to see another win for you guys but looks like too little too late. At least you get the first chance to play spoiler for Army's chance at promotion. Maybe we'll see each other in the semi's of the cup....if all goes well against PGU and you guys can start scoring goals of your own in the cup ;)

Mickster

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, no flips here either. If I tried it, I would end up face planting. I have the same damn problem as Mickster, we both look more pregnant than our wives.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Biggy

Well the game report is already posted thanks to the Westside goalie. Just like he stated it was 11 on 10. Field was yet shite again. Our boys barely even showed up 10. The flu, injuries and game not meaning anything other than finished at .500 there was no motivation.

We scored first, tehy scored 2 after. They should have had another 2, one hitting the post and one hitting the crossbar. It was a fun game as our defenders played a little forward and our forwards played a little defense.

Now we think and prepare for the Cup. Round of 16 takes place in 2 weeks.

Bring on the Elephants! :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could it actually happen?

Mickster,

We are tentatively scheduled (and I mean tentatively) to play at 2:00 on Saturday at McNair. Hopefully we will see you there....

Captain

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Optima or Bingers

Mickster,

Yeah - that 4 game skid in the middle of the season really hurt us. Don't know how the team is going to look next year as I know a lot of the guys were counting on promotion next year and really wanted to play Division 1. We came so close last year that this year is a pretty big let-down.

As for us vs. Bingers to close out the season. I'm not sure who is a better team between Optima and Bingers. We played Bingers really hungover the first time and should have at least tied them, and we beat Optima pretty soundly the second time we played them. Binger's has a pretty good knack of taking advantage of their scoring chances, but really between them there's not much difference. We'll play Binger's hard and make them earn the promotion. Otherwise, we'll be happy to take the win. ;)

As for Cup - should be pretty tough. Our next opponent is Surrey (CAT). Anyone got a scouting report on them?

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:mad:

what the hell is with this outcome? All you lads were geared up for a bloody tie... Now this just lights pure fuel for the mighty beam..

As far as training, make no mistake, all beamers will show. (the cars and the lads, a reference to all the NK boys)
The Hammer might lay off the sauce for one evening... (a sobering thought.)

As far as our cup match, will not even entertain a mere post on the score, but will predict check mark for the mighty BEAM in the win column... I think Legroom has a few tallys in those gifted pegs of his.

The only tallys old Timmy will demostrate, will be those fielding donation calls down at the telethon.

Hey Vrtar, since retiring your powder blue kit, would you mind lending it to God-like for the upcoming game, as there seems to be some correlation with the kit's colour and fishing the ball out of the back of your own net! :D

Mickster, I think it is time to cease fratenizing with PG until after our wins...time to get busy lads!

beameuptodiv1.

H

Heavy Set

Hello to all the Club I members, it's been awhile but I've finally got on to this web site!! I've heard that you boys having been doing very well this season, this is good to hear. I have to say the standard of football in Canada is getting alot closer to the standard over here, personally I hate admitting that but it's true! Well good luck on promotion and I'll see most of you in the summer, till then keep me posted on TTP. Just one more thing Home Brew please change your slogan to the truth, Ho's before Bro's who are you trying to kid!!!

GodLike

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh ya, baby!

Point Grey comes through and puts the pressure soley on NSU JB's: Way to go guys!

I unfortunately have moved to Nanaimo but am hoping to make it back for at least one of the JB games.

Meanwhile I've started my novel, here's the opening paragraph -

If asked to describe Nanaimo I would have to say, it's the kind of place where a single young man looking for a mate has limited options. Should a young man fall for a young girl, he must secure her affections before she is married at twenty-one, or else wait until she's divorced with three kids at twenty-six.

Bonefish
Needless to say, I'm in my element: Lots of single mothers here in need of... My BIG cack! :D

PGU for the double!!!!!!

Godlike, out!

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
God-like,

Glad to see you have moved off the shore and more into your element! I thought there was something "Nanamio" about you.

Enjoy the divorced cougar in waiting movement full of feather-back hair, white tassle boots listening to a little Seager down at the local pub. (if you can call it a pub)

cheers,

beamlookingforwardtoincreasingyourgoalsagainst!

iron mike

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster,the only reason you are in Div2 is because your teamates feel sorry for you and have to carry your sorry ass on the pitch. I hear they have a good over 40's league on the shore,check it out for next yr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0