Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 DIV 3 - 2011- 2012 SEASON - Banter, Predictions, Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, I know this isn't the right thread - but this seems to get much more traffic than the summer leagues thread.

Are there any leagues other than the league in Richmond which is around VMSL Div 2 or top end of Div 3 level of play? My players have expressed an interest to step up the standard from our Winter League, but they don't want to travel to Richmond/Ladner for games.

Google isn't helping at all.
Please don't post in threads because "they get more traffic".

Don't do it again.

Regs.

PS. if you think that is harsh, I did say please which is ten times more others have gotten from me in the past :wa:

danny_agger5

Sep 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the scouting report United FC...you should come check out the playoff game. We can use all the Friends that we can get.

How are these Friends puns working out for you?

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was only the match report.
I thought there were couple Friendly guys at our game scouting :cool:
Will catch the playoff game for sure!(as one of the friends of course)
btw Bosna and PCOV Europa back to div 3 next year

ryansd87

Sep 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
btw Bosna and PCOV Europa back to div 3 next year

EDIT: Only 2 Div 3's, I thought there was 3.

I'm under the impression that there isn't a 'guaranteed' entry into Div 3. I have been contemplating joining with Westside to aid my application to the league, but realistically what is the liklihood of being successful as an individual applicant?

P.S. Regs - Point taken. I didn't think it'd generate too many replies, so didn't think it'd be an issue. Apologies.

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 div2 teams get relegated, 3 div3 teams promoted (greens, ajyal and winner of friends-west van playin game)
In reality, more teams are going to jump into div2, last year 6 I believe.
I think there is a waiting list to get in Vmsl. Why don't you contact Blarney Stone, Zawisza or one of the struggling teams and fuse with them (nothing wrong with Blarney Stone Greencaps).

ryansd87

Sep 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm gonna sound like a right w*anker here, but if they finished near the bottom of the league, I'd imagine they have a lot of dead wood. So I'd be 'fusing' with them, and then ditching all their players. Hardly think that's fair! haa.

I've been speaking with Westside, and we're trying to establish a merger there. Hopefully that'll produce something.

How comes 6 teams went up last year? Teams deciding they didn't want to be in Div 2, and lots of Div 3 teams wanted to step up?

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not suggesting that you would have to ditch the 'dead wood'. Just thinking that they would fold anyway, get hold of someone at Blarney Stone Pub and try to keep the team running by taking over. You'd probably get some free beer out of it for your lads.
Who is this Westside team you keep mentioning, and how would that benefit you guys?

ryansd87

Sep 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside as in, the club.

They have a Prem team (soon to be Div 1 by the look of it) and 2 CAT teams. Plus a few Overs teams.

I'm worried we might not get a spot in the VMSL Div 3 if we're applying as an individual team (rather than a club), and end up in the CAT Div, which is not what we want at all. Speaking with the chairman, they have already applied for a spot in Div 3, without having a team to fill the spot, so our timing was good.

I'm just worried that I say no to Westside, then they take the Div 3 spot with their application, and we end up in CAT.

By the way, which of the Strathcona players are you? Is it Michael?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ryan, why don't you just phone the league and ask them how many teams have applied to start a new Div 3 team next year?

Or if you want a guaranteed spot the suggestion from united fc of a merge/takeover of an existing team would save you from having to worry about actually being granted a spot via the league.

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just worried that I say no to Westside, then they take the Div 3 spot with their application, and we end up in CAT.

By the way, which of the Strathcona players are you? Is it Michael?

No, I'm not Michael, playing fully back.
I'm pretty sure that if you apply as an individual team, you cannot be placed in CAT(Club Affiliated Team) division .
IMO, new teams should have priority to get in over a team that already has 3 open teams in the league.

Blue and White Army said:
When is that match likely to be held? I don't see anything in the D3 schedule on the league's website.
Friends playing their last game on the weekend, so I assume 17th or 18th

ryansd87

Sep 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMO, new teams should have priority to get in over a team that already has 3 open teams in the league.

But I'd imagine that if certain clubs have a certain footing within the league committee, that they will see themselves gaining some sort of priority.

ryansd87

Sep 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Incase anyone's interested, we managed to lose our first game this season yesterday.

Unfortunately, it came against the 8th ranked team, in the first round of the playoffs. A team who lost 12 times in 18 games, and had a goaldifference of negative 63.

We started absolutely terribly, and were 2-0 down before we showed any signs of a resurgence. 2nd half we camped in their half, threw everything at them, but just couldn't mount a come back. Brought it to 2-1, and they scored a breakaway after a sloppy throw from our defender straight across the back four. 3-1 down, with 12 minutes to go. We had 3 strikers, 5 midfielders and 2 defenders on at this point. We had numerous chances, but their keeper made some fantastic saves. We maneged to convert a penalty in the 90th minute, but despite a corner in the 3rd minute of injury time, we just couldn't find an equaliser, going down 3-2.

Absolutely devastated. Not just because we lost, but the manner in which we were played. If we played well, and were knocked out, I'd hold my hands up, but to lose because of playing so badly - just makes it that much more frustrating.

danny_agger5

Sep 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello everyone.

This Friend has a question he wants to ask anyone with the proper knowledge. How many yellow cards do you need to get for a suspension AFTER you have already served a 1 game suspension for 3 yellows? Does it restart and become 3 yellows again? Or is it for example 2 yellows the second time?

The reason I asked is that one of our Friends has 1 yellow after serving a suspension and we really need him for our playoff game. Since we have a game that is basically irrelevant to the grand scheme of VMSL, we were wondering if it would be safe for him to play (assuming he get a yellow) or would he be suspended if he were to get his 2nd yellow.

Thank you for your help.

YWNAWF (You Will Never Walk Alone With Friends)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 game suspension after 3 accumulated cautions
1 game suspension after 5 accumulated cautions
1 or more games suspension as determined at discipline hearing for every additional caution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0