Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 DIV 3 - 2011- 2012 SEASON - Banter, Predictions, Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know about any of the other lower mainland leagues, but ultra league sure seems to be on the same level as vmsl div3.
Gastown won it last summer and finished 6th in vmsl (although they pretty much quit half way through)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh my poor bleeding retinae...

For a good take on the level of play in the Ultra League, ask the Gastown or Bari guys, as both their teams have been relatively successful there in the past. Top teams in the Burnaby league compete in the Provincial B Cup; they're about on par with some of the VMSL Div 2 sides. The rest of the league? Not so. However, Norm Bradford still has his lucky tuque.

Thus endeth the grammar lesson. Please take something away from this, students.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs - it is an acceptable alternate spelling. You know I don't make these things up...

B's and Pylons 2-2 near the end of the 1st half when I left. B's with 9 players, including Max in goal, and they were up 2-0...

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
and now they lost in the league too! friends clinch second and now must await the results of the other division to see who they play in the playoff now.

ryansd87

Sep 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So whats the ultra league like? I'm guessing div 1 there is about the same level as vmsl div 3? And what of the Burnaby league.. is it competitve at all? i hear about all these leagues in vancouver but wonder if any come remotely close to the superior VMSL??

The Ultra League isn't that bad, but it's not great either. The only knowledge I have of Div 3 is Strathcona, so I can't really compare it to VMSL.

Its very well run, and nicely organised with a good website, but the quality of teams is very mixed.

We have absolutely walked it. We played the final game of the season last night, against the team in 2nd, and won 4-0. There are one or two decent teams, but I think its just below our level of ability. We have a very good midfield, and score goals for fun.

Our record: Played 18, Won 17, Drew 1, Lost 0. Goals 99, Conceded 22.

We won the league by 11 points.

I must say, I was impressed with how much Strathcona have improved since last time we played them. They have some good players, in particular the guy who played centre back (with the white ankles on his socks). He was decent. They just lacked any substantial fire power up front. But definitely a lot to build on.

We are definitely going to join the VMSL next season. I am contemplating joining with Westside, to potentially take advantage of any teams dropping out of Div 2. But it is most likely that we will simply enter Div 3 under our own name.

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for your kind words Ryan,we are totally different team this year, and yes we have trouble scoring (most of our wins were 1:0). If you keep the core of your team, you will be contenders for sure.
So here we go, last game of the season on saturday and Norvan Saints will be our biggest fans.
Tie would get them a tiebreaking game against West Van, and our win would take them straight to you FRIENDS.
We got 2 midfielders suspended, hope that we'll have 11 guys available.
Will give you some scouting info on West Van, Friends, if it's them

baback

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
United we will be cheering for you! I don't think a scouting report will be necessary, there could be a few "friends" watching if you know what I'm sayin...
Good luck to you and your team, go kick some snobby west van @$$ :eek:

ryansd87

Sep 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know anything about the Richmond Summer League?
Teams this year are a mix of VMSL Div 1/2, Richmond Prem/Div 1/Div 2. I assume we'd be put into Div 2, (2 Divisions I think) but not sure.

Any idea what the Richmond winter league is like? We don't wanna end up in a league where we totally spank everyone again. Without sounding like a tool - its boring, and we want more of a challenge.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know anything about the Richmond Summer League?
Teams this year are a mix of VMSL Div 1/2, Richmond Prem/Div 1/Div 2. I assume we'd be put into Div 2, (2 Divisions I think) but not sure.

Any idea what the Richmond winter league is like? We don't wanna end up in a league where we totally spank everyone again. Without sounding like a tool - its boring, and we want more of a challenge.

If you are talking about the RRSL Richmond Summer league, then it's a solid league.

Div 1 (Thursday night) usually brings out some pretty good players. You would more likely be the ones getting spanked :)
Div 2 (Tuesday night) is somewhat competitive, but there are usually a couple of weak teams and the overall feel is definitely beer league. I don't think it would be too boring for you.

Richmond Winter League (RSSL) has a Premier Division which is about the same as VMSL Div 2. If you are stuck in any of the lower divisions then I pity you.

ryansd87

Sep 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you are talking about the RRSL Richmond Summer league, then it's a solid league.

Div 1 (Thursday night) usually brings out some pretty good players. You would more likely be the ones getting spanked :)
Div 2 (Tuesday night) is somewhat competitive, but there are usually a couple of weak teams and the overall feel is definitely beer league. I don't think it would be too boring for you.

Richmond Winter League (RSSL) has a Premier Division which is about the same as VMSL Div 2. If you are stuck in any of the lower divisions then I pity you.

All I've been able to find is a Wednesday league. I found the Richmond Senior Soccer League website, and emailed some guy about it. He said its a 'rec' league, and as soon as he said that, I became skeptical.

I was hoping I could enter the league that you, Bombastic etc are in... Do you have a weblink or email address for that league? Even if we were Div 2. We just want a challenge.

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder how long it is going to take before we play the 2nd place team in the other division?
big game coming up in england this week for Liverpool with lots of champions league implications...
for those interested, i know danny agger is gonna be pumped for this one

Big Game Preview : Arsenal Vs. Liverpool | Ten Million Slaves

I made a mistake and posted this in the other div 3 forum by accident too hahaha

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We started the game with 10, reduced to 9 men 40 minutes in (red card).
We surrendered the ball possession and tried to get them on counterattacks through our speedy striker, and probably had better chances.
2nd half 11 vs 9, West Van went up 5 minutes in. It felt like the game was gonna end 5,6-0 but we started pressing and seemingly stunned WV. We tied it 10 minutes later on a great half volley from just outside the box. One of only few mistakes by our d cost us a game 10 minutes from time, unmarked man in the box and a free header from 5 yards out.
The game almost got out of control at the red card mark and at the last whistle, when one of them spit towards our guy. Classless!!
I'd be really disappointed and worried if I was one of WestVaners, they didn't show much today.
Go F.R.I.E.N.D.S

ryansd87

Sep 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, I know this isn't the right thread - but this seems to get much more traffic than the summer leagues thread.

Are there any leagues other than the league in Richmond which is around VMSL Div 2 or top end of Div 3 level of play? My players have expressed an interest to step up the standard from our Winter League, but they don't want to travel to Richmond/Ladner for games.

Google isn't helping at all.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Multicultural League in East Van/Burnaby, but it's already full.
Knights League in Van/Bby/TriCities/Surrey

Richmond doesn't sound so bad especially when you can Canada Line it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0