Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 DIV 3 - 2011- 2012 SEASON - Banter, Predictions, Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the kind words, guys. Mom was a big fan of the game as well. It was a bit tough going back out on the field again after that.

Celtic 6 Signmaster 0. Credit to the 10 guys on Signmaster for the strong effort and for not giving up in the face of a lot of adversity; most giving away at least 10-15 to the guys they were playing against - a situation ironically that we have found ourselves in more than once this season.

danny_agger5

Sep 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off thanks for the good luck wishes united...I don't think they worked. I can sit here and tell you how most first team guys were missing, hurt or suspended, but it doesn't really matter. We couldn't care less about the cup and are looking forward to our massive game on Friday. If I was to be honest I would say that our starting eleven would have fared much better, however football's a team game and our team got smashed.

Who is your last game against United? Looking to break someone's heart?

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our last game is against West Van again. We have developed quite a rivalry (forth game this season) Depending on what happens on friday, we can either catch West Van for 4th or spoil their bid for 2nd.
Btw, 3 teams in 3b could finish tied for 2nd, in which case there would be a 3-way playoffs (if I got it right).
Don't get your cup philosophy, there is 5 days between the games, enough time to get ready for PCOV

danny_agger5

Sep 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It wasn't really about resting players, it's not like we had to travel for a European tie midweek. We just have a relatively thin squad and a number of players on 3 yellow cards. We didn't want any of them to be suspended for our league play. Furthermore, we are very short on defensemen and one of our centre-backs was suspended.

Big game tonight against PCOV. I don't know who you are cheering for personally United, but remember...we are your friends

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I always cheer for div3 team when playing div2, thats why all the disappointment over your cup loss.
Tonight You guys are my team, was tempted to go watch the game, instead will check out UBC-West Van.
Good luck Friends

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC Metro Selects 1 -2 West Van
Midway through 2nd half UBC was up 1:0, could've been up by 4, had complete control of the game and then gave up 2 goals in 10 min (both scored on great shots by #3). So long promotion playoffs.
West Van needs one more win to clinch 2nd place

baback

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV Sporting "A" 0 - 2 Friends United

Highly contested game from start to finish. Friends were completely dominant in the early stages, barely giving PCOV a sniff. Ten minutes in, a lobbed through ball from the Friends CM catches everyone off guard, barring the striker of course, and he races in one on one with the keeper. An eternity seems to pass, as he completely outwaits the keeper to slot in the near post. After that, PCOV woke up and started to attack, probably due to the fact that Friends over-celebrated their goal. Nothing really came of their attempts, a few half-chance headers rarely threatened. The second half saw more pressure from FU but they failed to convert on at least three good chances. At around the 65th minute, Sporting had their best chance of the game, a freekick was played low on the ground and their midfielder had a free shot with only the keeper to beat. His attempt was weak and it fell right into the keep's lap. PCOV was then forced to attack, leaving gaps in their defence. Friends exposed this with less than five minutes left with a swift counter attack that was finished off nicely by their other striker. Friends definitely deserved this victory, and need one more win to all but clinch second place.

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all I would like to congratulate Shaheen Fc on getting promoted, with an amazing 51 F*king points.

and now lets get to the BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR in the HUMBLE division 3A, the champions GREENS will face off against surging Friends United who have now won 9 in a row and find themselves on the brink of clinching that all important playoff spot. If they win, or if Pcov Does not win, friends will lock up second place. (excuse me all other teams, its a hyperbole, but if you analyze the teams involved in the standings in division 3A, it is hard to find a bigger game then this)

Since the PCOV game takes place on friday night, and Friends play on sunday, they could actually know before the game starts if they have already finished 2nd. If they have, that could take away from the game, as friends would probably rest some players for the playoff game.

what makes this game even more intense is the fact that the majority, if not all the players, from the greens are Saudi Arabian, while most players on friends are Persian, which should make it for a much more exciting game.

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE ( WITHOUT FRIENDS!)

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friendly:
Vancouver Greencaps 3 - 1 Strathcona
Good game and deserving win for the champions of Ultra league.
Huuuuuzeee improvement for us as they beat us 11-2 a year ago.

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes danny you are correct, thank you,

but at the risk of sounding like a hypocrite, by publicly fixing my grammar, you have reliquished lthe power of making derogatory comment when i fix your grammar, because friends wouldnt say something and do something else to other friends :)

baback

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friendly:
Vancouver Greencaps 3 - 1 Strathcona
Good game and deserving win for the champions of Ultra league.
Huuuuuzeee improvement for us as they beat us 11-2 a year ago.

So whats the ultra league like? I'm guessing div 1 there is about the same level as vmsl div 3? And what of the Burnaby league.. is it competitve at all? i hear about all these leagues in vancouver but wonder if any come remotely close to the superior VMSL??

danny_agger5

Sep 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaheenfc7,

yes your right. i cant be a hypocrite, now, and get upset; if your going to fix my grammaire now. That would than make me an hypocrite and that would negatively effect me. After, all were Friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0