Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dude's Sandwich Review

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ve been holed up in the office today w/ the door closed, so Mrs. Dude took it upon herself to go get me a Subway Sandy. My usual fallback, Meatball (solid 3 / 5 toothpicks).

But, she comes back w/ the Lobster. She didn’t tell the clerk it was for Dude’s Sandwich Review, so I am now $12.00 poorer.

So I ask the missus, why the lobster?

Well, apparently Subways tuna sucks, and they no longer do the seafood sub (which, BTW, was pure money for imitation seafood)…so she got the Lobster. She is a Lobster aficionado. When all the other wives get a Caesar, she gets a ****ing lobster. So worries honey, the kids don’t need to eat this week. She must think I make Ragerforever money.

Anyhow…

I ask her what her rating would be, out of 5 toothpicks, based on bun / meat ratio, taste, and price. She gave it a very generous 2. Taste was OK, enough meat / bun, but way too pricey (like she really gives two effs).:rolleyes: She also said, “I think I’ll just go to Abduls up on Kingsway for a roasted lamb wrap next time”.

Abdul is excellent, and if he truly made sandwiches, he’d make the review. But, reviewing a wrap is almost as bad as calling a burger a sandwich.

Freddy- you’ve been warned.:mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dude? Where is the best place to get a good reuben?

Canegie Deli, though Sixfyv insists Kat's is better. :rolleyes:

Locally, can't beat Caplan's Deli on Oak. Buy a jar of garlic pickles to take home. You won't be disappointed.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's Katz's Deli... Now fcuk off! I have a tee time in an hour.

Here are a couple of pics of my favorite new york sandwich!

PS... went to Kaplans on the weekend. $12 sandwich. Meh.

Attachments

• CIMG1844.JPG
    CIMG1844.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 99
  • CIMG1845.JPG
    CIMG1845.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 106

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's Katz's Deli... Now fcuk off! I have a tee time in an hour.

Here are a couple of pics of my favorite new york sandwich!

PS... went to Kaplans on the weekend. $12 sandwich. Meh.

Now come on. If you're willing to pay $16.70 for a sandwich at Katz's, you should have paid the $12.25 for MORLEY'S MEGAMERGER- Lotsa corned beef, lotsa pastrami and swiss cheese.

Seriously, it is a cadiac arrest, and barely any bread for a mountain of fatty goodness.

Granted, I've tasted the Corn Beef at Carnegie, and Kaplans, but not Katz's. Canegie is world renound, as is Katz's, as having the best around, anywhere. I've heard Swartz's in Montreal is amazing, too, but in two visits so far this year to the great city, the great Deli has eluded me. Long story short, the Corn Beef at Kaplans is TOP NOTCH, and honestly, you are pretty much a full on jew by the time you leave the place. IMO, you can't go wrong at Kaplans, now with a location downtown.

http://www.kaplans.ca

Appologies on the spelling in the previous post. I'm blaming the 45-yes- 45 minute drive into the office from Langley to Burnaby at 5:15. Truly stupid. It's a wonder we don't have more people looking to jump off bridges.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been to Shwartz's in Montreal as well. Fan-freakin-tastic. But Katz's is better. There are no french people around.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too much bread at Wired. Tell them to ditch the focacia, and double the meat, then maybe Dude will review them again.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went to Quiznos today, I usually go for the Honey Bourbon Chicken, But decided to go for the Creamy Bacony Chicken Carbonara today...

Haven't had the Carbonera for a while...

With chain resteraunts you would think that they could have some consistency to the slop they serve on a daily basis...

This one was too dry and the chicken was cold...not toasted enough.

But the Pickled Peppers makes up some taste points...

1.75/5 toothpicks.on the first half, not sure if I want to endeavor the second half or not, maybe just skip roght to the French Onion Sun Chips and wash it down with the Pomegranate Green Tea.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a whim decided to try the Montreal Smoked Meat sandwich from Subway. Ughh. Like complete garbage, and not cheap for $10.99. Regretting not going with anything else they offered.

1/5 toothpicks, and the one is because they gave me a 10% discount.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Subway is a joke, pale in comparison to Quizno's for fast food subs.

Dude and I caught lunch at a deli not too far from is office last week.

Soup & Sandwich meal, and it was fantastic. The soup was a pumpkin spice and orange soup, it might not have been the best pairing for the sandy I had, but both independently would have been 4 to 4.5/5 toothpicks as far as value for money, but I didn't care too much since Dude picked up the cheque ;)

What was the name of that place Dude?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts