Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Field & Facility Shortcomings

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Field & Facility shortfalls

Spoons02 said:
The company i work for is part of the construction of that high school next to GEU's new park. I am checking the drawings as i write this. i will keep you posted if i hear anything about a field house going in. but from the drawings i have i dont see anything. it will either be attached to a part of the school most likely. or an addition later on.

Can you confirm Outkast's source? Will there be washrooms?

notthaticare:)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

outkast said:
ive heard from a valuable sorce that along with full bleachers there will be 2 portables put up for change rooms.

I think the part about full bleachers makes it the piss take of the week.

notthatyodacares

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yoda, I never asked where did you guys go ?
I think that was Coach if you read back a few.
Not that you care anyways. ;)

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

i think bleachers is not something we should make fun at. 90% of fields in the fvsl dont have them. Thus, not being a piss take.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

outkast said:
i think bleachers is not something we should make fun at. 90% of fields in the fvsl dont have them. Thus, not being a piss take.
Actually I think you've just reinforced it as one... Clever boy.

Yoda said:
That would be great to have portables as i believe Delta has. Doesn't need to be fancy, just a shitter, and a place to sit and keep warm to change.
I thought you said you didn't care and could do with out? Get back in your car and put your shin pads on.

Get On With It

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would guess that bleachers are not in the plans. For god sake they put football uprights at both ends only to not bother putting in a score board which now has football saying they will not use the field for matches.

Plain and simple Maple Ridge lacks any real proactive solutions or thinking to the projects they are involved with. Look no further than the fact someone sued the City (and won) when it came to the town core project. Also look no further than the same twon core project. They expand the gym, pool and add and arts center but still almost 18 months later have not completed a sidewalk at the front of the gym. Don't count on changerooms!

However, I spoke with the man in charge of Parks and he has indicated there is 1.3 million waiting to be spent on the second turf for Maple Ridge. So maybe the residents of the Ridge who spend there time on here being fed up with the lack of facilities could drop him and email and pass along their issues. Maybe the boys from Peach Arch could take a minute as well. Maybe than you could keep your white asses out of the moonlight. His email address is dboag@mapleridge.org (David Boag). A professional approach might change the future for you guys! Worth a try a would think.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Get in touch with Planet Ice in Albion and "rent" the changerooms Friday nights after the game. Five minute drive max. I believe Dewdney does this at Pitt Meadows Athletic. Couldn't hurt to look into it.

Not that I care.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

outkast said:

This is why I love this site! :cool:

I feel oh-so clever all of a sudden. :D

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - Dec/Jan 2005

LION said:
Lucy,
You are a joke.

on the changing room subject. This might be an extreme comparison, but..
Imagine if hockey teams didn't have changing rooms. They have equipment and sweat. But when they get these arenas built, changerooms are part of the game. Why not soccer?
When you play basketball most gyms have changing rooms with showers. There is even less equipment there. If equipment has anything to do with it.

With all these million dollar fields going up in every valley city. how much do you think it would have costed them extra to finish the job with a nice clubhouse beside the field. Mackie park as well. I would guess a 100 k or so. With showers, most teams might feel good win or lose and go out to a local bar in your city. Spend there hard earned Vancouver money. Raising your economy and the maple ridge dollar. We would be creating jobs, maybe meeting the girl of our dreams from the ridge and choose to move out there buying land and raising children in the community. If the city only knew what some showers would do. What could have been.

i don't mind changing on the field. We all did it growing up in the game. Last night was a nice night. But after changing on the field most/all teams like to pull out the ol'cooler and bullshit over the game. It felt like a drill last night. 7 min. ..... 4 min......2 min..... ...... BLACKNESS! (not talking about knightrider)

The scrammble to your car in blackness with your sweat not even dried up after a loss. thats what sucked. :( I am sure there will be more teams to go through this event in the future. They might just not post about it.

Ok maybe i jumped the gun on getting pissed about hearing you all complain about the "blackness". Blacknesss is right, last night i showed up to training in a Barca jersey only to find out when i got home that i had picked up someones Hawaii 5 o surf t, the thing must have been 40 yrs old..Rangerforever if thats was yours, maybe we could arrange for an exange.

At least give coaches a key, so they can control the lights. Watching guys change with flashlights was pathetic, the walk back to the Bmw 5 series was a struggle as well, doging pieces of chain linked fence was a blast.

Extreme comparison is right, hockey players would struggle to drive to game and manipulate pedals in full gear, while us soccer guys would have no trouble whatsoever.
The whole complex isnt finished, if you havent noticed, so im sure changerooms will be built in teh near future.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

perfect now the towns people will have some place to shower and wash up.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lion,
Sorry about that

Get On With It,
I'll make a note to talk to him. Maybe pass the message on to the rest of the teams to let him know as well. When is the second field slated for start? That's pretty funny about the football. Could have saved the money spent on all those lines and posts for football on some changerooms (i still don't care).

Luc,
Where you stealing that 5 Series?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

LVL homophobic said:
At least give coaches a key, so they can control the lights. Watching guys change with flashlights was pathetic, the walk back to the Bmw 5 series was a struggle as well, doging pieces of chain linked fence was a blast.
Why is it you're watching other people change in the first place? You must be upset at the lack of lite... I can understand how it would make for some tough peeping. Perhaps ask them to step in front of your 5 series BMW head lights next time and thank you by the way for clarifying your BMW is in fact the 5 series. I suppose only saying BMW wouldn't have been enough of a clear signal of your desperate pleas for attention. I myself drive a Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor. Zoom Zoom.

I've heard things about you…

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I've heard he suffers from the very rare affliction known as "The-itis". It's a condition whereby it's difficult to spell the word teh .....I mean the

Nasty stuff really.

On topic:

Maple Ridge folk are a bunch of dummies :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Skip, is there really any reason to use such profanity? You pooh-head.

Maybe we can sell the goalposts to the football club so they can put up another set at Albion and trash another field.
Then we'd have enough money hopefully to put in 1 man change rooms for people who want them.

Get On With It

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yoda,

My understanding is that there was to be a second turf go in at the Meadowridge private scholl however that fell through because of some issues with right of ways to the field and leaving the Meadowridge group feeling uneasy about their property in around the field.

So the money is there for the second turf but Maple Ridge needs to find someone to come up with $300,000 for the remaining money. I am unnsure of what this money is for but I suspect the actual land, as Meadowridge was to front the land in the last deal. Needless to say they are looking at other sites now. One site that has been targeted is Westview school. A large area with room for a change room. I think that if the soccer community let the people in charge know of what they expect or want than they maybe in a better spot to add them to the plans.

I am actively tallking with those people because I have an interest on the youth side of things. Not with GEU! Although that club has the most at stake.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LucVanLierde said:
Hawaii 5 o surf t, the thing must have been 40 yrs old..Rangerforever if thats was yours, maybe we could arrange for an exange.

Are you sure your Momma didn't stick it in your bag as an extra?
If so, it could be mine in fact....
Better yet, give it back to her to keep as a momento.

Yoda said:
Cainy/Ranger

I make one damn post on said topic, and so did Cainy, and you put us at the top of the address list?
By the way, I thought you said you were done? :p
And, I specifically remember a certain someone a year or so back whinging, in fun mind you, about the facilities at Mackie as it didn't equate to a whole lotta fun standing outside after the match, cold and unshowered, having a wee pint before the long drive home to Maple Ridge after a 9:00 kick off against GN.
Admit it. :D
Don't tell me it doesn't matter if you can't shower, change and have a libation with the lads.
Of course you might not mind when you've got home matches but you must admit a nice hot shower after playing against the likes of Chilliwack is awesome no?
And, regardless of all of this, I still think your wife is hot. ;)

Note to Coach, TR, Stepchild ,Zaurinni, etc.:
Ensure we bring our tent, tarp and Halvy's portable propane heater for when we come out to thump the Black Tights.
Apparently there's no facilities in Maple Ridge. :cool:
Or, a bit of flowers and a box of chocolates for Tara for when we come over and use TR's house to clean up after the match.

RF

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yoda said:
Luc,
Where you stealing that 5 Series?
Maybe he could be like Dewdney FC and post pictures of it on the team website.

Where is that damn link anyways?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Skip
Dial
TheRob
Regs
KNVB
Outkast
etc.
etc.
etc.
Ranger (feel better?),
Last time i was at Mackie we sat in the rain and drank beer. It sucked but it worked fine. Until the lights went out and Justin went missing. Where did he go anyways? I'm done with this starting NOW!

It doesn't matter if i don't get to shower and change with the lads, i've seen how they look at me. Libations on the other hand might be nice with the lads in a drier environment.

Regardless of all this, i think you better watch yourself.

That's funny you say to bring flowers and chocolates for Tara to "clean up" after the match, i do it to "get dirty" after a match. To each his own i guess.
:)

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I should build portable sunrooms & awnings for you whingy cnuts ;)

priceissteepthough

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0