Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Field & Facility Shortcomings

sam1

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i visited cuba 2 years ago,
let me tell you, their grandmothers played a more fine tuned soccer than the majority of the fvsl....
anyways, the mainstreet park where the well know cuban players played was covered with jagged rocks and pot holes 2 feet deep. no joke.
so, how bout all you girls pull up your panties and just play and not worry about where to shower!
thats my two cents.thank you. :D

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
apples & oranges

Yah, I visited Azkaban, and they didn't have Pizza and Pints. Let alone internet access. The women had to walk 15 k with water on there head so the men could have some water at the end of there game. They lined the fields with the blood of cows.

"so, how bout all you girls pull up your panties and just play and not worry about where to shower!
thats my two cents.thank you."

I am glad some travelling made you such an intelligent man. Wow, how it opens your eyes eh? If only you saw Azkaban,... now I would play on fields of glass and snakes. Showers what?

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Field & Facility shortfalls

Yoda said:
Lion, we sat at our cars in the dark and had a beer under the taillights of our cars. You could very well have joined us but you probably coundlt find us in the dark.
The cops made an appearance. and being that it was a new field we weren't sure of thier response to us being their so we packed it all up and got ready to head out. Some went home (work next day) others of us went to a home and had a few more.

Tell us more i'm on the edge of my seat :rolleyes: Seriously skip could you start a " what geeks do on a friday night thread. As KNVB said get back in your car and put your shinnies on

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: apples & oranges

LION said:
Yah, I visited Azkaban, and they didn't have Pizza and Pints. Let alone internet access. The women had to walk 15 k with water on there head so the men could have some water at the end of there game. They lined the fields with the blood of cows.

"so, how bout all you girls pull up your panties and just play and not worry about where to shower!

I am glad some travelling made you such an intelligent man. Wow, how it opens your eyes eh? If only you saw Azkaban,... now I would play on fields of glass and snakes. Showers what?

Fukcing priceless!! :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a wife, daughter and 1 on the way, my apologies for being mature enough to go home to my family instead of trying to pick up something a the local pub or bar for the night. Hows the singles scene these days anyways?

Man if we could all be as lucky as the PAU boys, Changerooms and parties every weekend. What a life you must lead.
I'll take a family over the bar in a heartbeat.

ANYWAAAAAAAYS..............I'm ready to get back on topic.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
:confused:

Yoda, you're losing it man. Quit while you are still only a little behind!

~Skip 'The not so mature as Yoda guy, cause I don't have a wife and kid'

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It wasn't about having a wife and kid, it was about making a decision to go home to them instead of partying it up every weekend. Guess that makes me a geek on friday nights.

My apologies to those singles i offended with my comments.

That should have read "the Family" not "a family"
Typo in the heat of the moment. :)

~Yoda

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back on topic here. Found this pic of the field but don't see anything looking like seating or washrooms/changerooms.

Check out the image of Rotary Sports Field, Maple Ridge.

Rotary Sports Field

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this seriously 4 pages of the same shite over and over again. heres an idea, why dont you bring some buckets of water, normally you need 11-15. After the game everybody strips down to there bare (ginch is accepted for the less 'equipt' members of the team). One after another you pour water on the guy to your left, use soap to your own caution as water is usually limited, depedning on bucket size of course. Everyone remember to bring a towel and this is the fun part, turn around to your right and proceed to wrap the towel around the teamate. I dont see what the arguement is about here, isnt that how most people do it? Maybe im mistaking most people for those in GEU.

WAR GEU Ultra and Black Knights...the 2 best clubs in fvsl.

let the games begin. this should be good.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
outkast said:
Is this seriously 4 pages of the same shite over and over again. heres an idea, why dont you bring some buckets of water, normally you need 11-15. After the game everybody strips down to there bare (ginch is accepted for the less 'equipt' members of the team). One after another you pour water on the guy to your left, use soap to your own caution as water is usually limited, depedning on bucket size of course. Everyone remember to bring a towel and this is the fun part, turn around to your right and proceed to wrap the towel around the teamate. I dont see what the arguement is about here, isnt that how most people do it? Maybe im mistaking most people for those in GEU.

WAR GEU Ultra and Black Knights...the 2 best clubs in fvsl.

let the games begin. this should be good.
win something significant.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda:

Not sure what you're griping about - there's still trees shown there where you can hide and change under and have your bevvies, and a "biofiltration pond" where I'm sure they wouldn't mind your guys going and having a wallow after your games...... :D

beerz,

stew :cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: apples & oranges

LION said:

Pisstake of the month, right there. FastTerry esque. :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, speaking for Friday Night Geeks (who masturbate too often) with wife and kids, I can state that, yes, I am more mature than Skip. We all are Skip...you'd know if you had one or two rug rats of your own. You see, the membership card is delivered right after the baby, and right before the placenta. Suggestion: clean it off before putting it in your wallet, or your VISA gets a funky smell. I got caught off guard the first time, but by the second one it was old hat.

Where was I? Right...change rooms are good. Besides the obvious, it's a smart investment in your community. As far as the FVSL is concerned, they should make it a requirement by holding the Premier squads to a higher standard. Thankfully, we aren't in Cuba or a fictitious magical prison, so we don't have to "deal with it". If you are a premier team or club, you should hold yourself to a higher standard. The players have earned it, and at that level, should be given the priority treatment. You, Yoda, may be OK with the second class treatment, but that doesn't mean the league should be. Understood, GEU is now a power in the league, so they may not want to ruffle any feathers, but as one of the top Clubs in the league, you should have the facilities befitting a top club. I understand your personal feelings on the issue, and I understand that either the City or the Youth Club, or both, didn't see it as a priority to implement proper facilities, but that doesn't mean that the senior men's club could not have gotten involved at the planning stages and tabled the discussion. There are many who would benefit outside of the Premier Men's team. Think of all the best facilities in the Valley...Reeves, Bear Creek, NAP, CAP, South Surrey...all have adequate facilities for not only soccer, but for football, or any other user group where a facility is valued. Langley is close, and apparently will have improved facilities in the very near future, and my guess is that the youth soccer community, senior soccer community, as well as baseball and football all had input. Just a guess, but I know the LUFC Club execs were invited out to planning meetings, and I know the youth club kicked in it's share of the capital costs.

Anyhow, my two cents.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
outkast said:
the new GEU turf field isnt done. Its just at a point where they are letting mens teams play on it. Full bleachers and 2 sets of changerooms with showers are still in progess.

Noticed this in the other thread...makes a lot of mine moot.

Get On With It

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gentleman,

I can tell you that there is no immediate plan for change rooms at the new Albion Turf (Rotary Turf). There will however be bleachers put up next year after the school construction is completed.

There is $1.3 million sitting in an account waiting for another $300K to appear for the addition of a second turf field in Maple Ridge. They are seriously considering putting this field in at Westview School. If the extra money can be generated and a contract signed by April there would be a strong possibility of this field being open by September of this year. Again no plans for change rooms but I brought it up, just to keep the lot from Peach Arch happy.

Anyway it was brought up by the director of Parks and Rec tonight that they would not tolerate drinking in around the fields in Maple Ridge. The new turf field has pissed off some local residents and it will take time for them to warm up to the new neighborhood. So boys take the coolers down the road to the Albion grass fields parking lot or better yet head up to one of the local pubs for a couple before you head home. Give it sometime and I am sure that the residents will find something else to complain about. In the meantime discretion and respect will go along way.

By the way they don't want anyone other than coaches and players inside the fenced area. They will only give so many warnings and than the men will lose the use of the Turf leaving them at the whim of Albion grass again. (when it's open)

For the record I sat in on a meeting tonight with Parks and Rec so the above info isn't BS or some imaginary visions.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also heard that the Mens team was a problem because they were leaving coffee cups and bringing their dogs to the fields. Damn mens teams again. When will they learn. :rolleyes:
Is it only the Mens teams that have people within the fenced area?
Are there none of the youth teams that have people within the fenced area?

I agree with the drinking. As I mentioned at our last geeks night out. It didn't take long before the cops came to check things out. They were fine about it but i don't doubt the neighbours called them.

Turf at Westview? So i guess that means another 9:30 lights out curfew.
:)

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get On With It said:
The new turf field has pissed off some local residents and it will take time for them to warm up to the new neighborhood. So boys take the coolers down the road....... they don't want anyone other than coaches and players inside the fenced area. They will only give so many warnings and than the men will lose the use of the Turf leaving them at the whim of Albion grass again.

So, let me get this straight:

• No beer within a 1 KM radius of the field
  • Only 'some' people are allowed inside the fenced turf area
  • Cops patrolling the area constantly
  • Lights out at 9:30pm

I would like to submit an application to rename this new turf field. I suggest we call it 'Alcatraz'.

~Skip 'The Warden'

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perfect. Just perfect. I can't wait till my next game there. Looking forward to visiting Maple Ridge again..... :( :( :eek: :(

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
GEU showed up and were ready to play but didn't expect to see a 15x15yrd box of turf at one end of the field, and then another 10 yards of foot deep sand after that. Field is in shocking condition. As Girth mentioned there was a strip of field along the tree side that was still frozen solid as rock. Not safe to play on.
The field was almost as embarassing as one of the refs suggesting we take corners from only one side of the field. :rolleyes:
I think the Whalley players were the only ones willing to play today.

Thought I'd take this snippit (is that really a word?) from Yoda's post in the Pakenham Cup thread, as maybe it deserves some discussion here.

We have not had the pleasure of playing on Whalley's field yet this year, but it sounds as if it's gotten even worse than it was earlier in the season. Any chance Whalley might be able to get Bear Creek, or some other field?

~S

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0