Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Field & Facility Shortcomings

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Any chance Whalley might be able to get Bear Creek, or some other field?

Bear Creek?
Hmmm.
I doubt it.
Doesn't some other club in Surrey, a powerhouse by all accounts, normally have the territorial rights on that field in the new year once football is over?
Rumour is though the permits can be bought on the black market if the price is right.

Don't look at me - I just know stuff. :p

Show me the money...

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Bear Creek?
Hmmm.
I doubt it.
Doesn't some other club in Surrey, a powerhouse by all accounts, normally have the territorial rights on that field in the new year

The Newton Solar Powered Laser Beam Guitars?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No.

What would Eddie's band want with that field?
I could see the Arts Centre, but the pitch?

And for some reason at this moment I'm craving a meat pie with HP sauce.

Rangers 2 Celtic 0

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our pitch is shite, we hate it but it's what we're given. Bottom line is the game could have been played but GEU complained. I think there was something else going on like missing bodies or injuries. They had 12 guys out and by the sounds of Yoda they are too used to wathcing cup games :D

I beleive the game will be rescheduled to Cloverdale turf which sounds great to us. I've been told that whalley has put money aside to build a turf pitch close to if not in the facilities that the BC Lions practice on. The city is waiting to see if the Lions are moving which they have been talking about for years or will put into the facility.......

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker12 said:
Our pitch is shite, we hate it but it's what we're given. Bottom line is the game could have been played but GEU complained. I think there was something else going on like missing bodies or injuries. They had 12 guys out and by the sounds of Yoda they are too used to wathcing cup games :D

Actually, Millsy complained and didnt' want to play. He made the decision.
He also said something about people getting hurt in those conditions, when he slide tackled anyone outside the 18? Not sure what he meant by that.

We didn't complain that much to cancel it, we were concerned that's for sure, as anyone would be with frozen conditions like that. The linesman was the one who started the ball rolling on the conditions not being acceptable, not us.

14 guys out, and only 1 missing body. 3 returning players this week so it wasn't about being short players or having injuries. Although it does give me a chance to whack a few guys at practice to keep my playing time up.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker12 said:
I've been told that whalley has put money aside to build a turf pitch close to if not in the facilities that the BC Lions practice on. The city is waiting to see if the Lions are moving which they have been talking about for years or will put into the facility.......

Thats a great idea, night games in the heart of Whalley !! :rolleyes: Most of the spectators will be the local bums, asking for spare change as you take a throw in......I guess we have to bring our own chain link fence and barb wire to protect the cars and equipment. :D

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just reading in the local rag about upgrades to MAP Oval. They just awarded the design aspect to a firm and expect to have the grandstand built by Feb 2006. 2000 seats, multiple changerooms and offices I believe. Will still suffer the Swangard syndrome of a track, but still a positive step for soccer in the valley. As much as we all love heading out to the Wack for a Friday night tilt, looking forward to building a similar atmosphere on a Saturday night in Langley.

There is a small club house currently being built over on the ball diamonds that soccer will have access to. Primarily being funded by the softball folks, but youth has throw money into the kitty as well. Still no liquor license on the horizon, but come September we will have better changerooms and showers.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: MAP Upgrades

That's good news for Langley and the rest of the FVSL... Great to hear something positive for a change!!! Now only if GEU played their home games out of somewhere other than Golden Ears and Whalley Storm went back to Surrey FC!!! :rolleyes: :)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: MAP Upgrades

Guinness said:
That's good news for Langley and the rest of the FVSL... Great to hear something positive for a change!!!
Wow... a post from Guinny without a moan! :eek:
Guinness said:
Now only if GEU played their home games out of somewhere other than Golden Ears and Whalley Storm went back to Surrey FC!!! :rolleyes: :)
... ahhhhh... he couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker12 said:
An office for you of course....Now you'll have an official location to place your "players wanted" ads. :D

Huh? If a piss take, I don't get it. If not, I still don't get it.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
check out the nike.com website, (u.s.a)and see what the guys in cali play on. fcukin dirt fields. cali has the most registered players per capita in the states but the least pitches of any state, and they're shite to boot? after watching some of the videos on this site you'll be considering yourselves lucky to play on our "crap" pitches........trust me.

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
check out the nike.com website, (u.s.a)and see what the guys in cali play on. fcukin dirt fields. cali has the most registered players per capita in the states but the least pitches of any state, and they're shite to boot? after watching some of the videos on this site you'll be considering yourselves lucky to play on our "crap" pitches........trust me.

at least its sunny and warm :rolleyes:

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
last night at the delta council meeting, councilman guy genter put a notion forth to use funds of $238,000 towards new washrooms, change rooms, concession and equipment storage for the mackie turf field(oh hell yaaaahhhh!). also he stated that $100,000 would be used towards better paking on 108th street near the pitch. the hearing and discussion for the change rooms ect..... will be next monday i believe, on delta cable.

vote for genter next time around. finally someone who wants to put money somewhere other than skateboard parks and speed humps. :wa: :wa: :cool:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frankly, I think if your going to put money into something don't you think you should take your time and get your monies worth?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not surprised.

Here, I'll translate into FVSL div 8 for you - If Dial paid to shag your mother, 1. He'd be the first and 2. don't you think he would want to take his time instead of (here comes your big clue) speed through it?

I can hear the hamster on his squeaky wheel from here...

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
your a fcukin loser knvb!! just posting that to let people know whats going on in our comunity with our fields as i've heard so much bitching in regards to change rooms and shite. i think most people will be pleased with this news. am i on the wrong thread for such a post or are you? why don't you start a new thread........ maybe, walls and nd posse vs old mother fcukers that don't apreciate money well spent on developing soccer cause it takes away from their pension plans........or something like that. i new that the you retirement home guys were tight, but holy fcuk!!! don't hate on the development of "full size" turf fields, just cause you can't run a full 90 on them without getting a knee or hip replaced when you get home. maybe jinky can get you a job at wallmart.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0