Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA 2010 World Cup

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bollocks ......... it's 6 years away man. Change your mind did you ?? ;)

Same could've been said for South Africa which let's be honest is in far 'rougher shape' (stadiums, infrastructure, etc.) than most if not all major European Cities but you cannot have major championships in the same countries all the time.

It should be UEFA & FIFA's objective to showcase these types of tournaments in all countries regardless of what current stadiums, security, etc. are. With time and money, everything can be 'upgraded' so that these types of events happen.

Let's be honest, Platini runs the show at UEFA and everybody saw it coming ...... Apparently, France won the bid by 1 vote over Turkey as Italy were eliminated in the first round of voting.

Walks is spot on here... Platini is a snake. The class of the '82/'84 Platini has long since withered.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bollocks ......... it's 6 years away man. Change your mind did you ?? ;)

Same could've been said for South Africa which let's be honest is in far 'rougher shape' (stadiums, infrastructure, etc.) than most if not all major European Cities but you cannot have major championships in the same countries all the time.

It should be UEFA & FIFA's objective to showcase these types of tournaments in all countries regardless of what current stadiums, security, etc. are. With time and money, everything can be 'upgraded' so that these types of events happen.

Let's be honest, Platini runs the show at UEFA and everybody saw it coming ...... Apparently, France won the bid by 1 vote over Turkey as Italy were eliminated in the first round of voting.

S. Africa was a political move to include the dark continent and let's face it, where fcuking else in Africa are you going to hold a tournament? Congo? Egypt? Liberia?

France is ready to rock, no money to spend, no deadlines to meet etc etc. I applaud the decision to hold it in a FIRST WORLD COUNTRY where security is relatively assured, where facilities are top notch, where hosting abilities are proven and where the fans aren't known for hooliganism. FOr once consumerism isn't driving the decision. Instead of saddling a country with costs of upgrading etc, use what Europe has. Also, UEFA needs to make decisions independent of FIFA. When did France last host the Euro? 1984.

Leave Turkey for the Lawyer's World Cup and let big boy countries host big boy events. They already tried showcasing the game in the sh1thole that is Poland/Ukraine and faced myriad problems. If I recall they considered holding it elsewhere right up until last summer.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That ball had some crazy knuckling going on. I don't pity the keepers in this tourney, I predict a lot of juicy rebounds as they just try to get a hand on it.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Massive blow to the Three Lions today .... Rio Ferdinand is OUT of the World Cup. Apparently, picked up a knee injury in training today ..... Gerrard will be given the armband and Michael Dawson is flying out to join the squad.

~Stunned :eek:

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Massive blow to the Three Lions today .... Rio Ferdinand is OUT of the World Cup. Apparently, picked up a knee injury in training today ..... Gerrard will be given the armband and Michael Dawson is flying out to join the squad.

~Stunned :eek:

Come on Walks, is this really a massive blow or a blessing in disguise? Rio's river has run dry, dude is done.

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big loss for the English team!

On a positive though, now Ledley King will be starting :D
and Dawson is back in the squad :D

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good job Ledley King can't train because of his knee's.

i'm 50/50 about Rio this season, un-deniable class but hasn't produced and been injured a lot this year.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's doubtful, but it'd be great to see Dawson get some time. At least he's fit. Rio just wasn't.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's ok... I still have the Dutch to cheer for (The only other Heritage I have aside from English *shudder*)

and even English fans must miss the Auld Rivalry with Scotland so piss poor for so long.

Sky is the Devil ;)

Law5

May 8, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
the thing is, the english are actually revelling in this, here's their reason why they'll lose this world cup again! "oh, too many injuries, it just wasn't our year."

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
bahaha I doubt it. We have a few injuries but nothing we can't replace. Some other teams have way worse injury problems than England.

I think we will do well this year, it's too close to call who will win though. If England sh*t the bed again this WC then it proves how bad we really are because we have an EASY route to the finals.

Law5

May 8, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
following is taken from a link i posted near the top of this page:

Man oh man do their fans talk a lotta shite. A LOTTA shite. Not so much in praise of themselves as raggin’ on other squads. Way too much for a team that’s won it all exactly one time, and that was way back in the '60s. Since then, they haven’t even finished second. Yet they talk and talk and deify the main man behind that '60s win. As opposed to their local tabloids, who take every chance they can to tear the team apart one day, while predicting impending championships the next. This team will almost always fall before the final hurdle, but… their current coach might just be the perfect man for this team. He has them playing better than they’ve played in decades, behind a mix of veterans and one gifted youngster whose performance will be the primary determining factor of where they finish. Still, you generally have to assume that they will buckle under the double burdens of incredible media pressure and inescapable history.

ENGLAND = THE NEW YORK JETS

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0